[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>live in a family that isn't poor but not rich either

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: computer-homeless.jpg (74KB, 620x399px) Image search: [Google]
computer-homeless.jpg
74KB, 620x399px
>live in a family that isn't poor but not rich either and can only rely on my own money for PC and videogames related stuff
>finally get my hand on good hardware (i7-7700k, z270-a motherboard, heatsink 220 EVO, Corsair Vengenance 3200mhz 8x2, GTX 1070 g1)
>too afraid to break shit that I can't afford to replace
>too stingy to pay someone to build it for me
what do
>>
>>59268808
Thats how i felt when i had my first build. Just build it, those parts arent as delicate as u may think and watch PC building videos to really get the whole process in your mind.
>>
Realize that the chance of breaking anything while installing the parts is slim to none and just fucking build it. They're literally Legos for adults. Just put the pieces in the right slots and have patience.
>>
>>59268808
-stop being a pussy ass faggot
-kill yourself

the choice is yours
>>
>>59268808

>middle class white boi gen z faggot doesnt know how to put together his overpriced gaming device

oh boy ... where did it all go so wrong?
>>
>>59268840
>>59268852
what about cable management?
>>
>>59268870
Take your time, and just route then where they look the best and take up the least amount of room.
>>
>>59268867
>mid class
I wish
>>
>>59268808
yeah I know that feeling, I usually pay others to dust my pc properly because I don't have the proper tools to do it (like I only have a can of air and remove the big portion of dust, but the small pieces that stick between components are a bitch
>>
>>59268808
Return it and get a PS4 Pro. It's more on your level.
>>
>>59268808
>>59268918
lol ameritards
>>
>>59268952
desu I just calculated that I spend less in paying others to dust it than actually do it myself
also I'm from yurop faget
>>
Don't build around carpet.

Set things down on anti static wrap if you need to set them down

(passable)Cable management comes naturally if you have a non shit case.

It's very easy, the onyl hard part for me was setting my Hyper 212 EVO because my bad motor skills give me Parkinsons lite pretty much.

Fucking thermal paste bubbles.
>>
>>59268808
>7700k
>hyper 212 evo
>k

every fucking time
>>
>>59268855
>newfag detected
>>
>>59269012
You can build around carpet. You can set parts down on things other than antistatic bags. Just ground yourself on the case and stop worrying about things that were a problem decades ago.
>>
>>59268808
My dude there's only one scary part of the whole process and that's locking the CPU.

If you line up the triangle or whatever is on the corner and it drops in properly, it won't break when you push that lever down.
>>
>>59269035
Op here, I don't plan on OCing for a year or until I get a watercooler, is the 212 EVO enough to keep it cool(ish) at stock speed and voltage?
>>
>>59269363
It'll keep it cool but you'll still look like a fool who doesn't know how to pick appropriate parts.
>>
File: reisen shrug.png (617KB, 989x1018px) Image search: [Google]
reisen shrug.png
617KB, 989x1018px
>>59269494
I blame logical increment
>>
>>59268808
give yourself plenty of open space, in case you drop a screw it will stand out. Take your time, lay it all out, if you go to touch a component, touch metal on your case first to discharge any static, be gentle when putting in the cpu, have patience with that cooler install as well, those can be annoying. Best advice has been said, watch videos of someone doing it, learn the flow and take your time.
>>
>>59269363
you can oc a little on a 212 evo, just riskier, wouldn't try it until you have liquid cooling. stock speeds you'll be absolutely fine.
>>
>>59268808
Quit being a retarded child.
>>
>>59269227
Careful with setting stuff on antistatic bags, the bags they send you protect the contents, the outside of the bag can hold static though
>>
Thank you all, I will try to build it myself and stop being a bitch
>>
>>59268808
buy a old piece of shit computer and tear it down and rebuild it
>>
Remember to put the standoff screws on your case or you'll fry your shit
>>
>>59268808
Its not hard anon, have confidence.
The horror stories are rare in reality and most stuff can withstand more ill-treatment than is suggested.

Main thing is to actually look at the motherboard manual. Possibly also the case one as they sometimes have clips and releases that aren't 100% obvious if you don't do this kind of thing often.

Also watch a few videos about the best way to apply thermal paste (again, this is only ever a problem to people who don't think about it).

Be methodical, get a clear work area (kitchen table) and look after small screws and fittings. Just be mindful when snapping stuff together - look at what you are doing and gently increase to required force.

People generally fuck up by not reading the instructions and trying to rush.
>>
>>59268870
it's a meme for people who post photos of their "rigs" in threads
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.