[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's the Best "Tiny Computer" or whatever the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 3

File: 1480675660389.jpg (20KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
1480675660389.jpg
20KB, 500x333px
What's the Best "Tiny Computer" or whatever the Fuck they're called? Thinking of Getting a Raspberry Pi 3 but Not Sure if there are Better ones.
>>
The Pi is the best choice not necessarily because of the hardware, but because of community support. It's easier to get stuff done on the platform where similar things have been done before.
>>
>>59265690
If your question is phrased using the term "or whatever the Fuck they're called" then by far the best one is Raspberry Pi 3. It is pretty much the only single board computer that goes out of it's way to brand itself as a "babby's first" product, and has the community and software support to back that claim up.

Short version, if you have no idea what the fuck you're talking about, get a Raspberry Pi 3.

If you do know what the fuck you're talking about, then you aren't asking which one to get, because you know what your needs are and know how to research the single board computer that suits your needs.
>>
Pine64
>>
>>59265690
Thumbnail looks like pantsu ~~~
>>
>>59266555
this
>>
>>59265726
This. Don't get memed to buy Orange Pi, Odroid and other crap. Community size, guides, software is much more important than speed (some of these models don't even have built-in wifi and bluetooth). I wouldn't recommend those competitors even if you weren't starting out, because they have (or will have) issues such as outdated kernels, no GPU acceleration in Linux, etc. Only in cases where you would really need more speed for specific project would I consider them, but then I'd probably get one of those Intel Atom (?) motherboards with cpu.
>>
File: thats the joke.jpg (48KB, 452x339px) Image search: [Google]
thats the joke.jpg
48KB, 452x339px
>>59266982
>pic related

>>59265690
If you're making a headless NAS and know what you're doing, the RPI is a poor option because there's no SATA and ethernet & USB share hardware. Basically it's slow as shit in this application. For anything that doesn't need an attached hard drive or lots of throughput it's the best option out there. Your best bet is an RPi 3.
>>
File: Doubles-Animated.gif (643KB, 300x203px) Image search: [Google]
Doubles-Animated.gif
643KB, 300x203px
>>59266555
Checked
>>
>>59267251
Can you recommend an SBC with SATA and gigabit ethernet? I was considering Banana Pi M3 but some people say it's an unstable piece of shit. Any alternatives?
>>
I have to build a cluster for some processing power and I'm wondering what is the best board to get that gets me most power I can figure everything else out
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.