[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Intel shills sure are out in full force, intels "viral marketing"

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 86
Thread images: 7

File: 1488568900598.png (492KB, 1670x1250px) Image search: [Google]
1488568900598.png
492KB, 1670x1250px
Intel shills sure are out in full force, intels "viral marketing" budget is probably bigger than their R&D budget.

meanwhile ryzen cpus, motherboards, even ram and PSUs are sold out all over.

Who would have thought not everyone who is a wannabe pro gamer who plays at 1080p low settings with his gtx 1080!
>>
>>59264784
It's literally just one or two people spamming the same handful of benchmarks over and over, and the longer you keep giving them attention, the longer it'll be before they fuck off back to /v/.
>>
I'd rather sacrifice 10-15% performance in games for 50% better overall performance. My 1700x only cost me ~50€ more compared to a 7700k when the cheaper mobo is accounted for.

If I'm going to be a gaymur, Im going to get a good gpu and play at high resolution anyways. Why would somone spend $500 on a CPU and have a poorfag 1080p screen?
>>
>>59264784
Is it worth going the B350M MATX route for the cheaper motherboard and case or is a MATX build quite a bit worse than a normal ATX?
>>
>>59264784
>AMD shill posting literal fake benchmark calls people Intel shills

The irony

Your benchmark is fake, the guy had to redo it:

https://www.reddit.com/r/hardware/comments/5xcnye/720p_r7_1700_vs_7700k/
>>
>>59264893
>>>/v/
>>
>>59264839
Yeah it can be, the asus b350-A looks great on paper anyways.
>>
>>59264784

You do realize that it is AMD that pays people to shill for their products online? Just go to /r/amd and watch how fast anything remotely negative against AMD gets taken down, all of the mods work for Red Team. At least on /r/intel and /r/nvidia you can actually see discussions both negative and positive being had.

Face it AMD, you dun goofed, your stock is going down down down.
>>
File: 640x480.jpg (148KB, 680x486px) Image search: [Google]
640x480.jpg
148KB, 680x486px
>>59264893
why stop at 720p
>>
>>59264934
This.

Fucking sad, OP is a literal AMD shill

>>59241941
>>
>>59264934
>>59264991
>last ditch attempt from Intel to stop Ryzen sales
Why didn't this made the news before Ryzen launched? There were major AMD launches last year, like Polaris, and high profile launches like Fury that would had benefited much more from shills
Somehow, this doesn't appear until a few days after Ryzen launched, and from a Youtuber that has a dead channel
>>
>>59265001

Think logically, Intel would want a bunch of people to go out and buy Ryzen and slowly realize that is an overhyped inferior (especially for gaming) product. It's going to be bulldozer all over again.
>>
>>59265196
Keep telling yourself that my shill
Don't worry, shareblue will eventually hire you
>>
>>59264893
>720p

Sorry I only game at 240p. Come back with real benchmarks if you want me to take it seriously.
>>
File: teamred.jpg (54KB, 450x333px) Image search: [Google]
teamred.jpg
54KB, 450x333px
dont worry gayz AMD REDTEAM+© is on full damage control mode

>w-who plays at 1080p? pleb
>m-muh cinebench and linux renderz!1!
>take a look at these joker benchmarks to see how ryzen ACTUALLY performs you uninformed mongs
>b-but intel paid shills are making ryzen look bad!1!

All while >>59264934

team RED indeed.
>>
>>59264784
>someone posts something about intel.
shill kike jew shill shill shill jew jew jew jew

>most of board fucking littered with AMD yet thats fine.

Fucking bunch of hypocrites
>>
>>59266022
Seriously the AMD shills are awful
>>
>>59264808
Intel has got to be paying them a full time salary.
>>
>>59266397
AMD doesn't have enough money to pay shills.
Intel certainly does.
>>
>>59266595
Do you actually spend your whole life shitposting on here or do you actually have anything else in life?
And coding on linux doesnt count
>>
>>59266618
What the fuck does what I do with my life have to do with what I just posted? You're seriously digging deep to insult random people.
>>
>>59266595
Except they literally do >>59241941

Are you one of them?
>>
>>59266699
Pretty much answers my question. You spend all that sad little life of yours raging on here
>>
I keep hearing that the Ryzen beats the 7700k in a lot of games at 1440p and 4k, is this true?
>>
>>59266734
is that with an AMD gpu or an Nvidia one.
>>
>>59266770
ATI
>>59266734
Yes, Ryzen eats Intel at 4k Res.
>>
>>59264893
>720p Low Setting Benchmarks
Because you'll buy an expensive cpu to play at 720p, fucking retard
>>
File: BUYRYZEN.jpg (29KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
BUYRYZEN.jpg
29KB, 480x360px
>>59267710
>hurrdurr why all the 720p/1080p benchmarks pleb
>Amdrones getting poodriver performance in 2 years because they don't understand what GPU BOTTLENECKING means
>but muh WINDOZE SCHEDULER
>>
>>59267774
The Windows Scheduler is a legitimate problem, though.
>>
>>59264821
>$500 on a CPU
>Poorfag 1080p screen.
You'd be surprised how common that is. Heck, I've seen $500 GPUs matched to 1080p, 60hz monitors.
>>
Why aren't all the benchmarks 1080p/Ultra and 1440p/High?
>>
>>59264784
>AMD friends shitposting
>Intel friends shitposting
>Nobody realizes Ryzen benchmarks will all need to be redone in a month once AMD has a microcode update and Microsoft has a scheduler patch
>>
>>59264784
1700x costs €440
7700k costs €360

like...
>>
>>59266734
Yes
a thinking man will always be worth 10 shills
>>
>>59268001
The R3s and R5s will warrant their own benchmarks when they come out so people will be forced to redo them anyway. Just give it time.
>>
>>59264784
but intel is better in most games on that pic?
>>
>>59268502
>intel cucks lapping up the latest quad cores
>EVEN MORE CLOCK SPEED, 2% IMPROVEMENT OVER LAST GEN

>2 years later
>BUHBUGUBUBU INTEL WHAT HAPPEN TO MY CLOCKS???? WHERE'S THE DUAL CORES WHATS THIS.. 6 CORESSSS!???
>eat it anyway, same flavour as 2 year old AMD chips
>at least the 200% jew levy makes it run 3% faster than last gen
>>
File: 20170306_111332.jpg (2MB, 4032x2268px) Image search: [Google]
20170306_111332.jpg
2MB, 4032x2268px
>>59268001
>Be me
>Be AMD employee
>Read your bickering threads while on washroom break
>Tfw im literally shitposting
>>
>>59264893
>720p

is this year 3000? we only game at 50p
>>
>>59268001
will I have to do this microcode update myself or what? isn't that some shit where you have to send it into the vendor?
>>
>>59269425
You can actually upgrade it through windows. Microcode patches are sometimes issued through windows update if they're severe enough. Linux kernel has microcode bundled with the kernel so you get it automatically when you update the kernel.
>>
>>59264893
>720p to remove gpu bottleneck
dumdum test to please intel fanboys.
but go ahead and waste money based on stupid benchmark settings, that dont have anything to do with sensible settings or builds.
>>
>>59269470
oh ok so I just have to keep an updated kernel

feels good
>>
>>59264784
>AMD has processors with good performance/price ratio but that are a bit slower than the top intel models which are very expensive and hardly anyway will buy anyway.
>The difference between the intel's top models and the AMD ones is small considering the price difference.
>"lol Are you a poorfag? You need more than what AMD offers. Intel has the bet top processor therefore you should buy intel even if you ain't gonna buy their top models".
>AMD launches Ryzen.
>Top end models beats intel in most tasks while being cheaper.
>More computational power while being a better offer than what intel used to have.
>"lol you don't need more than what intel offers."
>"My crystal ball tells me that programs or games will never use more than 4 cores. Settle for a 4 core cpu."
>"The proof is this specific kind of task (games not prepared to use more than 4 threads for example). Therefore multithreading is a meme."
>"AMD has been hyping their expensive processors that are not that good in games anyway."
>"Buy instead a pentium processor, it performs the same as the expensive Ryzen anyway."
- How does this logic works?.
- Now Intel users hates AMD users because they're richfags?.
- This people basically accepted in those threads that they hyped and recommended Intel's expensive core i7/i5 processors as an argument to not buy amd when a pentium is more than enough for the tasks "that matters" anyway making moot their own initial point?
- Are this people not even aware of the efforts to implement better multithreading in different tasks including videogames?.
How many of you have noticed all this fallacies and backpedalling coming from these people? are we being telemarketed?
>>
>>59270339
Linux actually had a decent head start with Zen support. AMD contributed a bunch of fixes a few months back so the current 4.10 kernel supports Ryzen pretty well already.
>>
What AM4 board should I get that works correctly with an AM3 cpu water cooling block
http://www.swiftech.com/APD2-AMD-KIT.aspx
with that mount

and actually works?

I just cancelled my asus ROG crosshair IV or w/e the fuck cuz apparently it's shit
>>
>>59270366
Also
>AMD has processors with noticiabily worse energy efficience but not necessarily bad for the average user.
>"Buy intel, energy efficiency matters. Do you want a housefire? enjoy"
>AMD launches Ryzen.
>Better energy efficience than intel.
>"Buy a core i7, what it matters is clock frecuencies and a bit more FPS in games".
>Energy efficiency now even mentioned in the threads.
So, since when energy efficiency doesn't matter anymore? Is this the pentium 4 era again when people used to think clock frecuencies is a way to compare performance?

>AMD breaks overclocking records.
>"Ryzen is terrible on overclocking."
>It's not mentioned that overclocking 8 threads is not the same as overclocking 4 threads.
>It's not mentioned you can disable cores and overclock only 4 cores.
Are this people forgotting this "details" by mistake? or it's on purpose?.
>>
>>59264893
You have to go back.
>>
>>59270378
Also
>"Look, AMD make this honest mistakes that can be fixed (for example the failed overclock on live or the EFI issues). Ryzen is DOA!."
>Meanwhile they're defending a company (Intel) that has screwed their users over the years, for example milking them with a lot of different incompatible sockets and setting unrealistic prices.
>Meanwhile this people forget that Inteld has been found guilty on using anti competitive tactics like bribing laptop and pc makers, manipulating opinions on social media (by social media i mean any public place where people can chat, including 4chan) with astroturfing tactics, bribing reviewers (see the recent leak), looking at ways to cripple competitiors instead of making better products.
>Meanwhile this people defend a company that clearly just invest the minimum on innovation and that can survive a long time losing money if they want until competitors cannot work anymore.
This people don't grasp the bubble they're creating by thrashtalking and trying to deter people from buying AMD. They'll get cheaper processors from Intel now and if AMD dissapears the prices will rise to the moon.
In what way is this people bennefited by rewarding this kind of behavior from intel? In what way is this people bennefited with a monopoly? Are they people paid by people who invested in Intel to avoid losing as much money as possible?
>>
File: sweating Cocona.png (1MB, 500x646px) Image search: [Google]
sweating Cocona.png
1MB, 500x646px
I'm a little conflicted.
The 3570k has been great these last 5 years, but I really want to upgrade. I almost pulled the trigger on a 5820k, but I decided to wait on B-E. That resulted shit, so I decided to wait for Zen and here it is. There is so much shitflinging everywhere, but the consensus seems to be that it's a killer for multi threaded applications, which is a plus for me considering I encode and compile software, but suffers on gaming for whatever fuck the reason. The latter is confusing since it seems to match the 6900k on practically everything except gaymes. I do game from time to time and as of now, it should be a sidegrade on some gaymes and a huge upgrade on others using all the cores. The real question is, which R7 do I pick up? I was thinking of the 1700 since I could probably OC it to at least 3.7GHz, but I feel I should just bite the bullet and go full 1800x and get at least a 4GHz OC. Any hands on experiences? I'd like to know your setups and OCs. I don't think sensors are supported just yet, but they should be on the way.

Some other points:
It seems that it supports ECC so building a NAS with a RAIDz2 pool doubling as a server with a 6c/8c Ryzen chip will be great.
GPU passthrough seems impossible right now if I'm not mistaken?
Memory seemed buggy, but it's getting fixed.
>>
>>59270378

>So, since when energy efficiency doesn't matter anymore?

When Intel or Nvidia [delete as needed] say so.
>>
>>59270535

>It seems that it supports ECC

Yeah but no current motherboard does.

>I was thinking of the 1700

Gibbo (the main mat at OCUK) and 8Pack ( well known overclocker) are bot hsaying if you know how to OC the 1700 is the way to go. If you want plug and play then go for the higher clocked models because seemingly (from their initial testing) all three chips top out at the same point.

The Stilt's analysis gives some credit to this theory.
>>
>>59264784
>meanwhile ryzen cpus, motherboards, even ram and PSUs are sold out all over.

okay
>the CPUs can still be found a few places
>DDR4 RAM is expensive, but out there
>PSUs are everywhere

but those fucking motherboards are nowhere to be found

I have a Ryzen 1700X and RAM on the way
but no AM4 motherboard

because nobody has them

Does anybody here have a working Ryzen mobo? I've hardly seen anybody with them outside of reviewers

84 available at launch, my ass
>>
>>59270603
no
wtb mobo
I pre ordered on 22nd still not shipped
>>
>>59270600
If fumbling with offset voltages and testing stability with the terrible mrpime counts, then I should be good to go. I'll be lurking waiting for some results.
>>
>>59264784
>muh gigahertz
>t.Intel shill
The tables have turned!
>>
>>59270603

I've got £850 in parts sitting on backorder because motherboards are so goddamn rare.

I suspect a combination of little lead in time provided by AMD and the mobo manufacturers not wanting to bet on Keller means they simply cannot meet demand.

The other theory is full on "Aliens did 9/11" cnspiracy tier and is unlikely.
>>
>>59264808
/thread
>>
File: intelonsuicidewatch.png (408KB, 882x1418px) Image search: [Google]
intelonsuicidewatch.png
408KB, 882x1418px
>>59264784
DELET SIR
>>
In short, poorly multi threaded engines perform terribly because the AMD CPU with equivalent if not slightly higher IPC is clocked significantly lower than the Intel one.
>>
>>59270600
I'm running a 1700 currently and have had good experiences overclocking.

Like you said, 3.7ghz on all cores is quite easy. I have not extensively tweaked my OC nor attempted to reach a higher frequency, but I am currently running 3.75 at 1.275v.

I think I could lower the voltage by a decent amount and still have the same frequency, or increase the freq and leave the voltage as-is. I don't have time to test before work, but at my current settings I am leveling out at 66c in p95 on the stock wraith cooler.

If you are desperate for 4ghz then I would consider buying a 3rd party cooler. From my limited experience screwing with it I've found that thermals tend to be the wall rather than frequency.
>>
>>59271123
>I am leveling out at 66c in p95 on the stock wraith cooler.
That's good news. I was thinking of buying a behemoth cooler so I should have way more headroom.
>>
>>59271123

>If you are desperate for 4ghz then I would consider buying a 3rd party cooler

Because I live life on the edge i'm going to bolt my silver arrow (that has a delta fan bolted to it no less) onto my 1700 whenever asus fix the crosshair and build more of the fuckers and see what I can push. Given right now in my poor airflow case said cooler tames and 8320e at 4.7ghz gobbling 1.428v under IBT loads I feel confident I can cool ryzen.
>>
I am going with Intel, maybe next time with AMD Zen2, when they have sorted out the (design?) problems.

Too many problems at the moment.

Enjoy buying new expensive single ranked ram to get the full potential of your CPU.
>>
>>59271339
they have no issues lel

OS & BIOS are fucked and weren't ready

linux kernel was the ONLY ONE that was ready
http://www.overclock.net/t/1624603/rog-crosshair-vi-overclocking-thread
>>
>>59271390

Linus, the hero we need.
>>
>>59266712
That's called projection.
>>
>>59271390
Which has yet to be proven.

You are contradicting yourself with your 2 first sentences already.

Whatever fits into your shoes.
I've just recently bought double ranked ram, and I am not buying a CPU with so many problems such as ram compatibility.
>>
>>59271390

>have no issues
>OS and BIOS are fucked and weren't ready

Okay, so which one is it?

>i didn't lose my keys
>i just misplaced them

>i'm not sick
>i just don't feel good

this is you faggot.
>>
>>59271482
CPU having issues is different than motherboard & OS having issues
retard
>>
>>59267710

no you fucking retard, but 720p and 1080p stress the CPU.

you might as well have a POTATO as a CPU if you are running some fucking 1080's in SLI you stupid cunt.
>>
>>59271484
how far up the autism spectrum are you two?

A CPU having issues, a motherboard having BIOS issues and an OS being completely garbage are 3 very different things.

>I didn't lose my keys, my car was stolen

get the analogy right
>>
/g/ needs to be purged of the CPU shills in general
>>
>>59264784
>diminishing returns: the graph
>>
>>59271495
Which is yet to be proven.

Who says it is only the problem of motherboard&OS?

It's your claim without proof, retard.

Some people reallys suffer from cognitive dissonance.

>telling people to buy AMD because Intel monopoly and customer politics in the recent years, how Intel is getting more money for their product than they should

>AMD releases a not ready for release CPU, which results in bricked motherboards even
B-but it's okay to be beta tester here, because it's not Intel!
>>
>>59270378

i've seen so many people say you can disable 4 cores, and OC.

please, a video showing me this happen. Also, what is the point when you still won't be able to clock higher than 4ghz?

why can't i ever get a video showing me raisin deactivated their corns to clock higher? are >this people forgotting this "details" by mistake?
>>
>>59271520

>B-but it's okay to be beta tester here, because it's not Intel!

Its not like it took months of patching to fix x99's fucked memory upon release.
>>
>>59271520
Literally everything? Because it btfo's everything everywhere

>>59269514

stop shilling kiddo
>>
>>59271546
As a consumer I couldn't care less who patched what.

I am not spending money to be a beta tester and have problems with the hardware.

I am sure you also go to the restaurant and expect top get what you have ordered, and get to eat the meal without further problems occuring so you can enjoy it.

Anyways, the 8-core CPUs don't aim at the mainstream market anyways.
Which is why they have postponed the release of their R5 and R3 series.
If they had released it now, they would have gotten a shit ton of bad reputation.
>>
>>59271502

actually it's more like a car manufacturing having time to work hand-in-hand with mechanics, and still not being able to fit the motor in or some shit.

AMD gave mobo manufacturer's 3 weeks to finalize BIOS. Do you think ASUS, MSI, ASRock, and Gigabyte can just shit out code?
>>
>>59271569
>stop shilling

>posts to a video of some random guy with no credibility and whatsoever to imply that one is not a shill video and almost every tech press out there is shilling, and for Intel that is

Ok, dude
>>
>>59264821
Because at some point you have to make a compromise on what components you get. It's easier to get your computer maxed out and then get better peripherals later
>>
>>59271634
No, that's why I'm not surprised there are bios issues

not sure why everyone is crying
>>
>>59271665
>shows all the facts and proof all over the internet & common knowledge today
ok
>>
>>59264784
What are CPU bottlenecks for $500 Pajeet?

Some dopey Raisin owner is going to get a Ti and be very disappointed
>>
>>59271966
You faggots are worse than /pol/ with their cucks.
Thread posts: 86
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.