[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How stupid is the average technology user? I think they are way

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: file.png (25KB, 400x263px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
25KB, 400x263px
How stupid is the average technology user? I think they are way overrated. The average IT worker is more stupid than a plumber, literally. They only know how to do basic rudimentary googling and their solutions are literally trash. I have never done a CS related degree and I can easily beat them in solutions. e.g. when they "Clean" a PC they usually just install a shitty "live" antivirus (say avg) which is a stupid idea idea anyway.

Then if you look at actual technology graduates they are full of shit. The average CS related graduate is a stupid shit that either does rudimentary staff on Visual Basic or similar or he is a sperg stuck into his linux terminal. They never do anything worthwhile in their lives.

It's not a coincidence the most successful "computer" people are not tech literates, they are businessmen. Gates bought the MS DOS from someone else. Jobs put others to do most if all the work for him and he was just the front man, the circus man.
>>
You do know that you make your own tumblr or .wordpress blog really quick, right?
>>
I already know I'm in the 95 percentile for being smart with tech anon
>>
>>59254703
Perhaps a person's value to society isn't necessarily how much money they have in their bank account.
>>
One has to have many qualities. Bill Gates was also a programmer. Him and Paul Allen utilized their computer programming skills to create a business.

So what is your point? Most tech graduates these days are "full of shit"? I do agree with you on that.

"Average IT worker is more stupid than a plumber?"

I worked with one who are very sharp. He also noticed this. He claims that some IT workers are often unmotivated to improve themselves, and I agree with that.

If you're claiming that businessmen are the ideal technologist, I'd have to disagree with you, because pure businessmen do not belong in the technology field. They simply do not have the experience.
>>
last time i checked 127 but have lately been way more academics oriented. i know that they say that i.q. is independent of education and all that but I was in a pretty bad environment at that time and abusing a lot of drugs and really most of the stuff that i was doing was related to social intelligence and being consistent about my routine and habits. I will take another one in a few years just to see if I get a different result, I am curious. I expect an increase just based on my brain repairing some of the damage drugs did to it, but I have also been performing more tasks directly related to memory and the type of logic they test for. Anyways i.q. by itself won't get you ANYTHING In life,,, and in regards to your bill gates comment I would definitely say that that is more so a reflection of factors other than I.Q. being more important to success than "intelligence" than some type of indication that businessmen have higher i.q. than tech people... I would say that decent social skills, high motivation, creativity and flexibility are more important than what is measured in i.q. tests. I would not be surprised if the HUGE recent upswing in computer science majors has diluted the average intelligence of the group. People are just going where the demand for jobs is right now, I don't think that many of them necessarily have much of an interest in computers or even academics in general. I would say though that people that are genuinely interested in computers and technology would probably have a higher i.q. on average than those that are interested in business though.
>>
IT is a meme
>>
Computer "science" is a stupid degree. It's not even a real science. It's by definition at most engineering.
>>
I'm not good at anything else really.
>>
>>59255646
>IQ by itself won't get you anything in life
Sure it can. A lot of people use IQ tests wrong.
The result of an IQ test is a score of how well people do on IQ tests. But what does it say about people who do poorly on IQ tests?
Is it possible that there is a distinguishable cluster of people (i.e. <90) or a definable IQ range where it is more or less guaranteed that the person is just not smart?

The government seems to think so. The legal requirement for mental retardation is to have an IQ below 70-75.
Any measurable quantities beyond "this person is certainly stupid" is debatable at best because of the fact that IQ tests can be gamed.

Occasionally you see people do IQ equivalence tests on old people from a time when IQ tests didn't exist. In that case, it's because they're using the original idea of IQ, which is the measure of how intelligent someone is as compared to their entire generation.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.