[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Smartphones are toys for children. This isn't up for discussion,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

File: smartphone.jpg (195KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
smartphone.jpg
195KB, 2000x1000px
Smartphones are toys for children. This isn't up for discussion, it's a fact.

There are no useful things you can do with it, they're all meant to serve as a distraction. Nearly all their users only use them for crap like godawful "games", snapchat, facebook, and so on.

Typing on these screens is unacceptably bothersome, so any kind of actual work "on the go", be it professional or hobbyist, is out of the question.

Whatever you do on these, you're also intensely spied on and everything you store on them is also datamined by at least one large corporation, even though you're a paying customer. There are also ads everywhere and the devices are designed in such a way to limit what you can do. The fact that gaining root privileges renders your warranty null and void is the final nail in the coffin and underlines the attitude of the manufacturers towards the users, the device is ultimately something you're not meant to control. Only a fool would ever own a smartphone.
>>
Ok.
>>
>>59254232
>implying they don't spy dumbphone
As much as I don't like the direction phones are going, normies use Whatsapp and other messaging apps. You need smartphones.
Whatsapp conveniently dropped support for Nokia and Blackberry. Because muh NSA.
>>
I use mine to read maps, learn languages, tune guitars, listen to music, book train tickets, track runs and take pictures. I'm not sure what you're so angry about.
>>
File: CLqTcaU.jpg (15KB, 581x346px) Image search: [Google]
CLqTcaU.jpg
15KB, 581x346px
Reading
>>
>>59254232
They're nothing but IM devices. You're a retard if you think they're useful for anything else.
>>
>>59254232
I agree completely
>>
>>59254232
Show me a dumbphone that functions as a 4G hotspot.
>>
>>59254232
8/8
>>
Not a bad bait but its impossible to argue that because they're essential to everyone's life with alarms, emails, calanders, reminders, texting, phoning.
>>
you use them to communicate retard
that's why they're called a phone
>>
>>59254638
You can use any old phone from 15 years ago to have phoning, texting, alarms, and a calendar.

/g/ will defend their overpriced useless toys with their lives though, just as corporate overlords want hem to.
>>
Smartphones are tracking devices for governments. That's all. Gov don't give a shit about kids.
>>
>>59254879
>implying they don't track feature phones
>>
>>59254879
Are you implying dumbphones aren't?
>>
>>59254268
eh, you can use whatsapp with android x86/bluestacks/remix player not a huge thing
>>
>>59255129
>android x86/bluestacks/remix player
Please explain more.
>>
>>59254232
I use mine for calling and texting, which are required for the work I do. It has 2 SIM slots, one work and one personal. I also keep a 64GB SD card in it for music, podcasts, and movies on the go since I travel all over the state for work. Smartphones are great as long as you buy a cheap one and don't use it as your main computing device. For my main computers I have a Thinkpad T400 with Libreboot and a T420 with Coreboot and a deblobbed management engine. Both run Debian encrypted with Twofish/LUKS as their only operating systems. I edit important code and documents on an old IBM Thinkpad R60 with no networking hardware that stays at my desk. It has no hard drive so I live boot Ubuntu on it.

It's really not hard to circumvent the botnet if you do a few searches, read some guides, and buy an external flasher.
>>
>>59254232
>rooting void warranty
Feels good having a htc phone.
>>
>>59255221
android x86 -> android for x86 platform, not a program, a whole OS, can dual boot with linux/windows, open source
bluestacks -> a program that allows you to use android apps on windows, limited with few stores and slow
remix player -> founder of android x86 + remix company = faster bluestacks alternative
There's also remix os, which is themed android x86
>>
Consider the following, OP;

Smartphones are not meant to replace traditional computers, at least not yet. If you actually bought a smartphone with that goal in mind and then get pissy enough to make this rambling thread, then you are the fool, along with the kind of faggots who actually spend more than $150 bucks for a device that is designed to be disposed of within three years.
>>
>>59255494
>Smartphones are not meant to replace traditional computers, at least not yet. If you actually bought a smartphone with that goal in mind and then get pissy enough to make this rambling thread, then you are the fool, along with the kind of faggots who actually spend more than $150 bucks for a device that is designed to be disposed of within three years.
Who told you that? I did not buy a smartphone at all.
>>
>>59255577
Your tone did. You ranted like some angry consumer who only just now realized that smartphones have some crippling limitations. And now that you've confirmed that you've never even owned a smartphone, you are a fool who bitches about things he has no true experience in, which is even worse.
>>
>>59255667
A doctor can diagnose a disease without contracting it
>>
it's really portable
and small
desktops aren't portable
laptops aren't small enough
>>
>>59254333
that is literally the function of a phone you retarded retard who is retarded

that's like saying "a computer is nothing but a device for computing"

fuck off with your irreverent tautologies
>>
>>59255843
This. There is nothing that I do on an electronic device that I can't do on a smartphone. I will never buy another laptop or desktop ever again once the singularity feature of Android comes.
>>
>>59254232
Gr8 b8 m8. I r8 it and appreci8 it, and w8 for ur next, don't be l8, I'd h8 such a f8
>>
>>59255991
>This. There is nothing that I do on an electronic device that I can't do on a smartphone.
Write a fizzbuzz
>>
>>59254838
True /v/eterns won't defend it, only new fags or people with disposable income
The two groups will approach the argument differently though

Personally I've used cheap phones, old flagships, and new flagships.

Newer more expensive phone feel nice even though its a better bang for the Buck to buy old flagships

People who do use their phone a lot with disposable income will find it worthwhile to buy a new flagship every 2 years

But most new fags/normalfags are brainwashed to think they need it
>>
A smartphone is a computer. It's as useful as you make it.
>>
>>59254232
>ads everywhere
That alone keeps me from paying more than $100 for one. What a scam.
>>
File: Screenshot_2015-02-13-02-58-08.jpg (339KB, 1280x800px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2015-02-13-02-58-08.jpg
339KB, 1280x800px
>>59260225
This desu
>>
File: Screenshot_20170304-030439.jpg (143KB, 576x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20170304-030439.jpg
143KB, 576x1024px
I use muh phone for
>listen ing to podcasts/music when i run around town
>watching hebetube videos when taking a shit
>tracking calories
>tracking my training at the gym
>tracking my spending
>ordering bus/train tickets
>shitposting/reading teh chans with clover
>Calendar/Alarm Clock
>downloading good youtube videos i want to keep with newpipe™
>taking pics/videos when random shit is interesting to me
>saving memes from twitter and 4chan
>archiving said memes and pictures
>video calling with my gf
>texting through telegram with gf and the few friends i have

I also have a few movies on there that i havent watched just in case i sit at an airport someday and have to kill time.

Like the other guy said a smartphone is a computer and its as useful as you make it. I fucking love my phone and its a g4p that i payed 150eurobucks for.

Stop being mad.
>>
>>59261220
Forgot that i also use it to control my gfs rpi kodi machine. Just found out that i can share the newest hitb on yt to kodi with yatse and it instantly plays on her tv. Pretty damn awesome if you ask me.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.