[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3. 0.en.html Can Mr. Stall

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 3

File: 1467272436918.jpg (383KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1467272436918.jpg
383KB, 1920x1080px
https://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-3.0.en.html

Can Mr. Stallman and/or his fans explain why the FUCK does his version of freedom come with so many restrictions?
>>
>>59251637
freedom is a meme, that's why. stay away from commie shit.
>>
>>59251791
Yes, goy, install Windows 10 today!
>>
>>59252051
>it's either Stallman's kikery or Windows 10
Fuck off.
>>
>>59251637
>freedom come with so many restrictions
Because they don't give a shit about your freedom, they give a shit about their (and my) freedom.
>>
>>59253336
>freedom is different for everyone
Yeah, fuck off, kike.
>>
>>59251637
So companies cannot just take the code, make it a base of something proprietary, make fat buck from selling it then contribute barely anything or nothing back.

-Google licenses Android, Chromium and the new kernel they write for Android under a license that permits them to just take the code and sell a proprietary version of it
-Sony uses BSD as the base for their PS system software, while keeping most of the changes and improvements they did for it for them.
-There was a free software dev who made a BSD licensed library which is used in Chrome. He thought Google would hire him to work on that for them. But no, Google hired pajeet to work on his software, and he is homeless now.

If you write software you care for, you use GPL or anything similar that only asks other for one thing: code you can use yourself.
>>
>>59253505
You did not answer my question at all.
Providing rationale for using GPL3 does not explain subversion of the very idea of freedom.
>>
>>59253505
>So companies cannot just take the code, make it a base of something proprietary, make fat buck from selling it then contribute barely anything or nothing back.
But the GPL2 did that just fine anon.
>>
>>59253505
>He thought Google would hire him to work on that for them. But no, Google hired pajeet to work on his software, and he is homeless now.
holy god is that real
>>
>>59251637
GPL serves for the freedom of code, not the freedom of developers.
>>
>>59253742
>>59254127

GPLv3 was made during the age of software patent trolls. Extra points had to be added to protect the developers from them.
>>
File: GNU2S.png (89KB, 316x294px) Image search: [Google]
GNU2S.png
89KB, 316x294px
>>59251637
It's simple: the GPL protects users, the software, and contributers, not outsiders looking to exploit other people's work.
>>
>>59254298
Oh, kind of like copyright?
>>
>>59254504
It's pretty much the opposite of copyright. That's why they call it "copyleft" anyway.
You have to admit though, Stallman is a genius for twisting the copyright law on its head like that. I don't like him very much and think he's an extremist, but I give credit where credit is due.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.