[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way to add condition-like code to an RSS, specifically

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: craigslist.jpg (49KB, 448x336px) Image search: [Google]
craigslist.jpg
49KB, 448x336px
Is there any way to add condition-like code to an RSS, specifically Craigslist? I want to be able for instance if the title is "30 books for $20" to do some small calculations of quantity / price relationships, but I can't figure out how I should go about it.
>>
>>59246316
Go to school.
>>
Yes.
>>
>>59246316
no, you have to download the whole feed then parse it. it's simple to do if you can program.
>>
>>59246347
>>59246338

That's what I figured, thanks. I'm familiar with XML format which is good. What would be an easy way to parse the feed and then email sections according to criteria? I suppose I'll need a server to import the RSS?
>>
Interesting. You have my interest.
>>
>>59246420
Thank you bud. But if anyone knows a good way to deal with RSS on their own server, pls enlighten me
>>
>>59246368
Server?
Nah dog. I'd recommend python.
Fetch the .rss file, use regex to parse the data, and store it, and then process the data how you want.
Not complicated but it will take some time to do.

You can probably find some simple RSS parsing python code online instead of writing it yourself- then just adding whatever processing you want.
>>
>>59246451
If I wanted to get real-time emails after parsing the RSS in a python script I'll need to have it all hosted somewhere though. Do you think I could pull it off in github pages? Thanks for the response.
>>
>>59246368
You can write a program in any language and configure your home computer top run it daily or more often.
>>
>>59246331
>>
>>59246567
You can host it on your home computer if you're OK with keeping it on at all times.

No, with gitgub pages you can't. With chap VPS hosting for $5 a month, you can.
>>
>>59246331
/thread
>>
>>59246567
You need to get a server. You can buy one from DigitalOcean for $5 that will work.

Write the Python script before and test it on your own PC, then move it over to the server.

It's a decent amount of work/learning to set everything up if you've never done anything like it. before.

Ignore these faggots saying go to school.
>>
>>59246316
Try https://flow.microsoft.com (or the stuff it is based on: https://azure.microsoft.com/en-us/services/logic-apps/

probably you can do your stuff in free tier (afaik 1million invocations are free monthly)

If you are so much a /g/tard that you don't want to use MS stuff, you can go with https://aws.amazon.com/lambda/ and get away without setting up a server.
>>
File: 1488144128473.jpg (22KB, 486x558px) Image search: [Google]
1488144128473.jpg
22KB, 486x558px
>>59246331
HAHAHAHA oh m8.
>>
>>59246316
people still use RSS?
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.