[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm going to buy a smart phone for my mother and it'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: galaxy-s7-galaxy-s5-01[1].jpg (550KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
galaxy-s7-galaxy-s5-01[1].jpg
550KB, 1600x1200px
I'm going to buy a smart phone for my mother and it'll be with T-Mobile prepaid services but they only have a limited number of phones that do their wifi calling.

She says she thinks she likes the Samsung Galaxy phones so I've narrowed it down to between the S7 and S5.

I expect she'll be keeping this phone for many years to come so longevity is important.

So here's the problem.

S7
>better processor
>more up-to-date version of Android

S5
>removable battery that can be replaced

Should I get her the S5 to ensure the battery can be replaced in a couple years when it's dying? Or should I get her the S7 to ensure the Android version stays more up-to-date and doesn't "age out" sooner?
>>
S5 on 2017?

Do you think that modern phones batteries can't be changed even if it is "non removable"?

Obvious troll..
>>
>>59239536
This is my mother we're talking about. If you think a 60 year old woman is going to take apart a phone to be able to install a new battery, you're wrong.
>>
>>59239494
If she only uses her phone for calls, sms, whatsapp and light stuf like that I think the S5 should be good. If in addition to that she uses apps that are ressource hungry she should take the S7.
>>
>>59239680
She will be using Google maps for navigation a lot but mostly it would be stuff like calling, texting, facebook, web browsing, etc.
>>
>>59239494
go for the s5, and install a custom rom (lineageos is pretty good) with stock gapps installed
>>
>>59239494

Don't be a poorfag and get the person who brought you into this world an S7.
>>
Remember that S7 has Band 12 while S5 doesn't.
>>
>>59239494
Get the S5 with a 128GB SD card and unlock the bootloader and flash Lineage OS. You'll have the latest OS and because it's optimized better you'll get roughly the same performance from the S5 hardware.
>>
Let me rephrase my initial question since everyone seems to be split:

Do you guys think the S7 battery won't last for several years? Is it worth it to downgrade to the S5 just to have the removable battery?
>>
>>59240372
Very much depends on how much she is going to charge it, charge it once a day your battery will last maybe a good 2 years once every 2 days you might get a good 4-5 years out of it. I still run a Galaxy s5 with a fresh battery and its still speedy enough, but I think the S7 will be better since by the time you need a new battery for the S5 there going to be very hard to find
>>
>>59240372
With the light workload you said it should last 2 3 years(you can teach her how to charge properly like they say but none does in manual)
And confusion in case she wants candycrash on her phone but os dont support is a big problem

So s5 not worth it if you plan around 3 years of use
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.