[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /g/. I have a problem, I replaced the thermal paste on my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1482324338460.png (1MB, 737x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1482324338460.png
1MB, 737x1080px
Hi /g/. I have a problem, I replaced the thermal paste on my CPU and in the process I somehow did something to have it not post. All the lights on my mobo/GPU light up as well as the front panel lights, but it will not post. The fans are running fine and sound like it did when it worked. I have unplugged all my hard drives and only have a stick of RAM in the slot. I have tried multiple dimm slots but to no avail. I did notice that when I unplugged the HDMI cable from the back of my GPU the monitor woke up and displayed the no input screen. I'm honestly out of ideas /g/, can you help me.

>Inb4 not your personal tech support

Pic unrelated
>>
bumping for help

does your mobo have an onboard connector for a display?
>>
>>59238332
No. The CPU is a fx8350 and the Mobo is an Asus m5a97 le r2.0
>>
>>59238299
try and change the input to something different then back again this sometimes happens with my monitor running through displayport
>>
>>59238299
OP here, do you guys think I got some paste on the motherboard somehow? I was doing some reading and it said that might be a cause of it. Keep in mind, it worked perfectly fine before this, it just ran a little hot.

>>59238454
Will try that.
>>
>>59238454
that's a good idea. one time after a crash I had to power down the monitor to pick up the signal again. It would stay on standby as if the GPU is turned off even though it was on. It did detect when you removed the cable though, strange stuff.
>>
>>59238464
could be a possibility,take a picture of the socket and make sure your cooler is actually on there
>>
>>59238564
>>59238454
>>59238332
Thanks for the help dudes, turns out the ram wasn't properly seated. Fuck me I'm stupid.
>>
>>59238613
RAM seems to be really integral to the whole system. If it's not properly connected everything breaks down

glad everything turned out well
>>
>>59238632
Yeah, I realise that now. luckily nothing shorted out from the paste like I thought at first, lol. Thanks dudes.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.