[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>click image in google images >403 no hotlinking allowed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: 1488222875715.jpg (83KB, 393x325px) Image search: [Google]
1488222875715.jpg
83KB, 393x325px
>click image in google images
>403 no hotlinking allowed
>click address bar and hit return to clear referrer
>same shit again
>have to copy/paste the url in new tab for image to load

Why did they do this?
>>
>>59226174
>oh no, someone might use 300kb of bandwidth without visiting my site!
Because they're idiots, that's why, same as those people that include JS to try and block right-clicking.

I look forward to the day when browsers send blank referers by default, like how they started blocking popups by default after all the faggotry in the late 90s and early 2000s.
>>
>>59226242
This all adds up when you are a top result in a search. A single jpeg image could use gigabytes of bandwidth in a day vs 10kb placeholder.
>>
>>59226319
>go to a lot of effort to have a high ranking on search engines
>upset that all the traffic you went to all that trouble to attract uses up lots of bandwidth
Pick a lane.
>>
>>59226174
>current year
>using google like a normie
>>
>>59226391

>go to a lot of effort to have a high ranking on search engines
>people wasting your data plan without even visiting the site
>force them to either visit your site or stop wasting your data plan

You're basically retarded.
>>
>>59227019
>>>force them to either visit your site or stop wasting your data plan
Except you aren't. Fucking with the referer fools systems like this. Same way the JS "no right-click menu" shit is retarded because anyone who cares can get past it easily. It's easy to automate with browser settings or addons.

You're essentially making the same argument as the anti-adblock crowd makes, that someone needs to view your website the way you want it to be viewed and no way else. Which is not only legally and morally groundless, but practically groundless as well, since you have a server out on the public internet coughing up copies of that information.

If you don't want anyone to have it except the people you designate, you need to put up some kind of authentication barrier. Will that drive away most of your hard-won traffic because a lot of people can't be bothered to sign up? Why yes, yes it will. That's your choice, deal with it.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.