[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Looking to upgrade a few things on my PC; GPU and CPU to be specific,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: Screenshot_1.png (83KB, 570x450px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_1.png
83KB, 570x450px
Looking to upgrade a few things on my PC; GPU and CPU to be specific, any recommendations?

Pic related, current setup.
>>
>>59225074
What's your budget and use case?
>>
>>59225074
Give budget, OP.

Also what you use your rig for.
>>
>>59225074
You can get an 8350 and a 1050ti for under 250, or you can grab an rx470 and 8350 for around 300. You'd see some gains but I don't imagine you can do much more than that without getting rid of that motherboard.
>>
>>59225074
It should be pretty good for awhile. If anything, buy the best GPU you can get. That way, you can use it when you do upgrade to something better. Most of this gaming shit only goes so far and rapidly turns into throwing money out the window for ridiculously minor returns.
>>
>>59225102
~$500 ive got an azza solano 100R
>>59225116
I use it for streaming and gaming mostly, i figure any business I need to conduct on my pc wouldn't come close to the power needed for gaming.
>>59225122
Is it not a good motherboard or are you just referring to the socket?
>>
>>59225156
THE SOCKET
>>
>>59225156
>use case
He means what do you use it for
>budget
if you've got 500 to spend, then spend as little as possible on a processor upgrade and spend as much as you're willing to on gpu.
>>
>>59225167
Okay, I get that. What would you recommend as a good Intel motherboard?
>>
>>59225191
sorry about that I misunderstood.
>>59225156
>>
>>59225156
Honestly though, if you want to spend 500, I'd either grab an rx480 or a 1060, then wait for r5 if you want to stay amd or switch to intel and find a mobo/processor combo. I mean, essentially at 500 bucks when you already have a case, psu, hard drive, monitor, etc. you'd be better off just replacing mobo/gpu/processor/ram.
>>
>>59225074
If you play MMOs u should get an i5 or equal
>>
>>59225234
You can get an i5 4/4 mobo/processor combo for 200, an rx480 for 200, and 16g of ddr4 for a hundo and there's your 500 bucks for a pretty steep upgrade.
>>
>>59225234
I actually dont play many MMO's; a lot of Overwatch and League.
The only MMO ive really ever been into is this one called "Fiesta"
>>
>>59225259
>hundo
I like that word.
But honestly though I probably will end up going intel.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.