[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

A break from the usual /g/ bullshit over Ryzen. I'm trying

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 4

File: 3008_0_Web.jpg (33KB, 400x252px) Image search: [Google]
3008_0_Web.jpg
33KB, 400x252px
A break from the usual /g/ bullshit over Ryzen.

I'm trying to clone my Apartment Building's access card. When the rental office is closed (after 5pm), you need an RFID card to enter the building. Or someone needs to let you in. Or someone, inevitably, just leaves a rock in the door most nights. I don't mind carrying the card with me, it's blank and reads from a decent enough distance away that I can leave it in my pocket and just hip-bump the reader and unlock the door.

But, if you want a 2nd card, or to replace yours, the complex wants $85 per card. Naturally, this is to prevent people from just giving people cards, and the building be insecure, I understand that, but it's pretty annoying knowing that if I lose my card at work or my wallet gets lifted, I'm fucked to the tune of $85 just to be allowed to return to my apartment at night or on the weekends. Or if I want to give my parents a card to make sure I'm not dead, I've got to shell out $85, for a card that might get used once in it's whole life, to make sure it works.

So, I want to duplicate my card. I'm not starting from scratch. I know the cards are ISO 15693. I've used my phone and read all the data off the card, and even dumped the internal block data. Which is blank. And the cards themselves are only about 28-blocks in size, so I can't imagine theres an encrypted partition containing anything. My best guess, gathered from reading up online about access control systems and ours in particular, is that it's reading the UID of the card, reporting it back to a central server or host, which is giving it a thumbs up or down on opening the door. Which seems fair, you can disable access for people who've moved out, or whatever.

So then, the question becomes, how do I clone/replicate the UID of an ISO 15693 card to another card/tag? Mifare, I know, has ways, but I haven't come across one for ISO 15693. Anyone here ever tackled this before?
>>
lurking, bump for interest
>board is flooded by dumb children
>>
The hardware required alone to decrypt and replicate a card to work with 15693's modulation index as with the time spent to copy raw data chunks from UID elements with in stable chink-tier platform specific hardware is really not worth it, also you may also recieve a deposit on a card back once you return it, ask your complex
>>
File: Steve-Jobs-006.jpg (30KB, 460x276px) Image search: [Google]
Steve-Jobs-006.jpg
30KB, 460x276px
>>59220293

Even in the technology community, drama sells. Someone could probably make a mainstream drama along the lines of Big Bang Theory levels of intelligence about people arguing over processor scores and brand allegiance and sell it to CBS for big bucks.
>>
File: pepe eyes 3.jpg (7KB, 250x241px) Image search: [Google]
pepe eyes 3.jpg
7KB, 250x241px
>>59220344
>>
File: 1478389885060.jpg (53KB, 600x662px) Image search: [Google]
1478389885060.jpg
53KB, 600x662px
>>59220370
>>
>>59220387
that is disgusting
>>
>>59220410

The body is disgusting
>>
>>59220427
is caption really what happened or is it just a mém
>>
>>59220387
Cosmic man.
>>
>>59220387
>Nanomachines, son
>>
>>59220146
Damn your apartment sounds cool.
Pic?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.