[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Building my first gaming PC, spending about $1500 on it. Not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0905.jpg (138KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0905.jpg
138KB, 1280x720px
Building my first gaming PC, spending about $1500 on it. Not new to pc gaming, just new to building, trying to decide if I should either get two RX 480s (im gonna be running three monitors so) or get a 1070. (Not interested in 1080 because it's outta my budget for the time being)
>>
dont radeon cards have good multimonitor support?
>>
>>59218573
Probably, but I'm trying to get the absolute best preformance, just trying to figure out if it's better to get one good card or two decent cards
>>
>>59218589
Its always better to get one card, only get two cards if you mostly play triple a titles
>>
>>59218634
I mostly am gonna play CS and GTA but when wildlands come out I'm gonna get it, but still I should get only one??
>>
File: Probo_monkey.jpg (23KB, 400x295px) Image search: [Google]
Probo_monkey.jpg
23KB, 400x295px
>>59218651

>>59218634
>It's always better to get one card

Just read dude, christ.
>>
From what I've heard AMD has better multi-monitor support since Eyefinity isn't as picky as Surround especially when you go above 3 monitors.

On the other hand SLI/CF is a dying bred that rarely gives you perfect scaling (don't be surprised if those 2 480s run as slow as a single 1070 in some badly optimized titles) and sometimes you don't even get a sli/cf profile support which means 1 GPU being useless.

1070 seems kinda weak for 3 monitor setup. What I cannot understand is why you can't just afford 1080. Either way you will be spending around $500 on two decent 8 gb RX 480s since VRAM doesn't stack in dx11 and it's not even always the case in dx12. Plus you don't want to buy some stock RX 480s since they're garbage and putting two of them in one rig means housefire.

You could easily find a 1080 for $500 and also skip this whole SLI/CS issue while having lower temps and power draw.
>>
>>59218689
not to mention worse latency, frame differentials and choppiness of dual GPU systems.
>>
>>59218634
>only get two cards if you mostly play triple a titles
A single high end cards can handle most le triple a titles easily unless you've got some sort of bleeding edge (and backlight) monitor

Only get two cards if it is the only way to get the power you need
>>
>>59218522
>spending about $1500 on it.
get a 1080 ti then.

its never worth to sli either.
>>
>>59218678
>Just read dude, christ.
you dont need two cards for 3 monitors you stupid nigger.
>>
File: 1472261735238.gif (237KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
1472261735238.gif
237KB, 600x338px
>>59218522
I run a AMD crossfire set up and it runs fine for me because I only run one game mainly(BF4) and some trip A games. Get the 480CF if this is what you want to do and you will get better frames than a 1070 in those games. Get a 1070 if you're going to run all sorts of games.

>>59218678
Nope!

>>59219581
Yes if he was going to buy a 1080
>>
>>59218522
SLI is more for dick-waving than actual useful computing
If you're going to get a windowed case then I guess SLI might be interesting but other than that just get the 1070, I have one and I like it
>>
>>59218689
>and it's not even always the case in dx12
That's a bit of a contrived way to say that there's literally no DX12 game on the market where VRAM "stacks" and that the entire "stacking" story is a crock of shit because you can't stack 500GB/s worth of VRAM bandwidth across a 16GB/s PCIe bus without utterly murdering performance.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.