[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Where the fuck is Patachu? He used to post and expose how Windows10

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1457305573953.jpg (560KB, 1600x734px) Image search: [Google]
1457305573953.jpg
560KB, 1600x734px
Where the fuck is Patachu?
He used to post and expose how Windows10 issues and privacy on this board, and turns out he were right about telemetry, it can't be fully disabled unless being off-line.
I looked further in the EULA which confirms MS collects data to sell them to third-party analytics companies.
Did he found a workaround already or some registry hack to get rid of it?
I would like to keep with Windows, I don't use Linux for everything.
Yes, I'm worried, and know i'm monitored - I just can't deal with this crap.
>>
>>59215678
Assassinated by CIA false flag operation
>>
>>59215686
No kidding. I thought they were bullshitting but now I just wish to dig this issue deeper.
>>
>>59215678
>I would like to keep with Windows
Use windows 7 and update without the telemtry shit updates
Same shit as win10 when it comes to performance and even higher in older titles.
>>
>>59215734
does Windows 8.1 have the same telemetry issues? Win7 is kind of old now and lot of features and requirements for compatibility...
Perhaps starting off with a fresh 8.1 pro install would do the trick...
I find strange since a while they did stop posting, and the subject never really surfaced.
I would eventually explain all that to normies using Win10, but I better not fuck up.
>>
>>59215806
Windows 8.1 is the first one that nagged you with using a microsoft account instead of a local account and such, but telemetry is similar to 7.

I use 8.1 on my memepad and it's cool.
>>
>>59215824
This. Win8 has the same telemtry updates to avoid, but it being a more modern os it still has shit in it ootb
I am using win10 at work and win7 on all my personal machines and I had 0 compatibility issues so far.
>>
>>59215824
yes, the Windows Store is awful, can't be uninstalled. I even wonder if I really am the administrator of my computer.

also these apps, the idea that a program is not in /program files, without a .exe of its own makes me think now the next windows will only let you install stuff from their appstore.
I found the trick years ago to only use a local account, but even with this, I find out my email got linked with MS services. insane!
>>
>>59215848
I have installed 8.1 recently and disabled updates right away because I don't know which I should download (or if I should even update at all, it's 8.1 update 1).
>>
Win8 is just as cancerous. UI is all fucked up two control panels and gay ass charms. All mainstream manufacturers support Win7 still.
>>
>>59215734
I just tried to install windows 7 on my shiny new Kaby Lake laptop. It didn't work.
I thought Intel were fucking joking when they sais Win10 was the only supported operating system. Surely older versions should run on any x86 architecture even if it's not officially supported. But no, they gimped it so that there are no usb3 or graphics drivers available for win7 that will work on KBL processors. So you can't install using a USB drive, or see anything on the screen.

I got jewed.
How do I get a legitimate Win10 license? In the past I've installed pirate win7 with Dad loader and then updated to win 10 to turn legit, but I can't do that if I can't install Win7
>>
>>59215965
USB drivers go on your usb drive with install image if it's usb3 or newer revisions. Bios might have an option for legacy/win7 to install as well. MSI and Asus all have Win7 howto's and options on their mobo's and drivers. I just installed a memelake and drm baby lake a week ago.
>>
File: ill_passivelightbox_162x292.png (39KB, 162x292px) Image search: [Google]
ill_passivelightbox_162x292.png
39KB, 162x292px
>>59215965
Everybody is getting jewed, and myself I couldnt upgrade a shiny new HP to Mint or debian because of the new UEFI and stuff designed for win10.

I also did a quick search about who OP mentioned on Wasoru by tripcode since it rings me a bell. He's the same guy who ported Irix, Win9x and QNX icons to windows/linux.

Been there for years and gone without notice, it's weird. accident?
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.