[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>my take on Ryzen Ryzen is at least 85% of the performance

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1472770406001.png (182KB, 442x341px) Image search: [Google]
1472770406001.png
182KB, 442x341px
>my take on Ryzen
Ryzen is at least 85% of the performance per core of intel but way cheaper
games don't take advantage of more than 4 cores at least for now
benchmarks also don't facter in account running things in the background
>>
>>59206850
Games will continue to increase in core useage. There's no real gain to be had in praying for MOAR MEGAHURTZ. IPC won't improve without a miraculous new architecture. No, Intel doesn't have one stashed in their back pocket.
>>
>>59206850
How is it way cheaper? It's like $30 cheaper than a 7700
>>
>>59206850
People got so mad when I said it will come out with about 80% per core performance.

lol good shiut
>>
>>59206930
simple, double the cores
r3 will have 4 cores at half the cost
>>
>>59206885
No but they do have Skylake-x and Kaby Lake-x ready to go in Q2 (along with optane) and thanks to AMD they have a reason to price things more competitively.

Fuck yeah.
>>
>>59206970
If Ryzen flops the prices will go right back up. Everyone knows this. It's like you're forced to by Ryzen to avoid continuous jewing. Consumers are fucked.
>>
>>59206885
>its shit now, but in the future it wont be shit!
>5 years later
>the new i7 with 8 cores outperforms AMD's CPU with 16 cores, for about the same price
>>
>>59207129
in gaming when there are no background processes then yes
>>
My take on Ryzen: the moar cores meme is dumb. GPUs are designed to run highly parallelized software. Any application that can divide it's workload into 16+ threads will run better on the GPU anyways. CPUs work best with 4-8 cores because of multi tasking, past that the diminishing returns aren't worth it unless you're like running a server or something.

The ONLY reason regular consumers would benefit from moar cores is if it's like a smartphone processor where only a few cores are active at a time, and less demanding tasks are run on lower power cores to save battery life while more demanding tasks are run on higher power cores.

I just hope that AMD's enterprise offerings are good enough that they take in enough money to increase their R&D budget so that their next architecture is more competitive.
>>
>>59206850
>>59207718
Personally im all for AMD but the frequencies are just too low on Ryzen, Look at any benchmark comparison to the 7700k boosting to 4.5ghz with the 1800x at 4.0ghz. Its really close.

Im getting on the AMD train with Ryzen to get off my Intel system because I prefer the company itself and want to support them, meanwhile the used market on Ebay will pay good for my current Intel chip.

If you want to buy Ryzen now, id wait for Ryzen 2.0 and hope it turbos to 4.5 like the 7700k. If you cant wait buy Ryzen and resell when 2.0 comes out.

Also one thing people are really undervaluing is the cost of Intel motherboards in comparison to the AMD boards. AMD boards have always been cheaper and this generation is the same.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.