[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>trying to rename a bunch of mkv files >try using a batch

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: 1415092211493.png (414KB, 797x644px) Image search: [Google]
1415092211493.png
414KB, 797x644px
>trying to rename a bunch of mkv files
>try using a batch file that always worked before but whose syntax I don't really 100% understand
>doesn't work
>remove the exclamation point from 1 of my animu files
>it gets renamed
>don't understand
>try to use powershell instead, again which I don't really understand but can easily google commands for
>won't let me change directory for 20 minutes
>rename the folder to "1"
>lets me change directory
>don't understand
>think about all the languages and syntax I will never learn and what an amazing burden it'd be to actually internalize and understanding any of this
>navigate to university website to drop out of my CS major
>it's currently down
Anyone else know this feel? I've clearly mistaken familiarity from usage of computers with actual ability or knowledge...it's all too vast and I'm too stupid and lazy...

I mean, who the fuck would want to memorize the windows batch file language, right? But people have....and I spend time trying to get THEIR commands from stack overflow to work...it's disheartening.
>>
>>59197897

This is where Bash comes in.
>>
I know this feel OP.

Don't feel bad, it's just how you're wired. You just aren't autistic enough. Neither am I.
>>
>>59197912
Isn't that win10 though?
>>
>>59197897
>>59197963
>You just aren't autistic enough. Neither am I.
>trying THIS hard to justify being retard
>>
>>59197897
I dropped out due to it not being technical enough. Might go for SE or EE instead as CS is crap now.

Learn it, learn all languages the tools you use are based on and you'll eventually see the fun in it.
I'd suggest starting forth as it's quite simple and then moving to haskell or lisp to get the CS knowledge. I'd even help you if you posted some way to contact as I enjoy showing others the fun side of it.
>>
File: someonetoldmetogitgud.jpg (46KB, 540x405px) Image search: [Google]
someonetoldmetogitgud.jpg
46KB, 540x405px
>>59197897
Man im only one rung above you, it's no better
>Shell mediocre with several shells
>always fuck up syntax because i get confused between them
>consider myself a non-technical failure because i could not into C or proper programming
>cannot get a decent job with decent pay
> have a loan so afraid if i exaggerate my skillset will lose whatever job i get

Also not sure what you are trying to rename but i might be able to help if you want.
>>
>>59199143
If you fail at shell scripting that's not (only) your fault, pretty much any shell scripting languages shit, xonsh being the exception.
>>
>>59199674
hear hear
>tfw powershell keeps changing cmdlets
What do i even know at this point
>>
>>59197897
sure bro

There's somthing on linux that they call it aliases or functions
You guys have this to?
its super cool, it lets you rename super duper complex comands into a single word

>alias q=exit
>now i dont have to remember the exit comand
>>
>>59200595
powershell has aliases too
ls=dir
etc
>>
>>59197897
>>59197963
>>59197963
>>59197897
Stallman doesn't even use Linux anon, noone is autistic enough. Don't let it get you down.
>>
>>59197897
That's why you use python, a better scripting language than batch. Yes you have to download a few MB interpreter, but no big deal.

You want to rename files, that is easy peasy, tell me what you had. I, and some hear could recreate it in 5mins.
>>
>>59197897
You've no-one but yourself to blame for not using unix.
>>
>>59197897
language is literally all about understanding trees
>>
>>59203463
Totally agree.
Batch files can get pretty buggy.
I remember a type of file (.nk2) that wouldn't copy using the copy command. The solution? TYPE C:\file.nk2 > C:\newfile.nk2
Python is a dream by any comparison.
>>
>>59197897
Anyone else know this feel?
No, because I downloaded Advanced Renamer years ago and use that instead.
>>
I wrote this powershell function to rename muh animus.
Function Rename-Numbered
{
param(
[parameter(mandatory=$true)]
[string]
$folder,

$files= (get-childitem $folder | Sort-Object { [regex]::Replace($_.Name, '\d+', { $args[0].Value.PadLeft(20) }) } | select -expand name),
$extensions = (get-childitem $folder | Sort-Object { [regex]::Replace($_.Name, '\d+', { $args[0].Value.PadLeft(20) }) } | select -expand extension),

[int32]
$i=0
)

while ($files[$i] -ne $null)
{
Move-Item -literalpath "$folder\$($files[$i])" -destination "$folder\Episode $($i+1)$($extensions[$i])"
"$($files[$i]) - Episode $($i+1).mkv" >> $folder/$folder.txt
$i++
}
}
>>
>>59197897
https://github.com/ghickman/tvrenamr
>>
>>59205979
>need to use a third party tool for simple automation
what a disgusting non-solution
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.