[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Everytime I gayme my UPS notification pops up and says I have

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

Everytime I gayme my UPS notification pops up and says I have 5 mins until the battery runs out.

This thing can do more than 900 watts.

>t. 980Ti SLI
>t. (((6700k)))
>t. (((windows 10)))
>>
>>59194916
>>>/v/
>>
>>59194939
Uh
>>
File: Power Consumption Idle.jpg (710KB, 2448x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Power Consumption Idle.jpg
710KB, 2448x2448px
>>59194916
>This thing can do more than 900 watts.
That is the size of the inverter, it has nothing to do with battery capacity you retard. Pic related does 1 hour at 450 watts of load. The battery pack for it is bigger than your entire UPS.
>>
>>59195231
>450 watts
450 VA
>>
>>59195231
Yeah well I need your help anon, I'm a dum dum.

I have a 850watt PSU.

2x980Ti = 250watt per x 2 = 500 Watt just for GPUs, then what like 90watts for 6700k, then like 50-100watt for SSDs n shiet?

Plenty of headspace on PSU.

Why does it give a warning and notification every time I gayme?

Should I uninstall their shitty bundled software?
>>
>>59195266
>Why does it give a warning and notification every time I gayme?
If you were drawing more power than the UPS was rated for it would (or at least should if it isnt a house fire) trigger a over load alarm and shut itself off. Thats what my old APC BackUPS XS 1500VA (925 watt) did when I overloaded it, before I got the SmartUPS 3000 VA (2750 watt).

If the UPS is going on battery everytime you game then who the fuck knows. If you had a decent multimeter with a min/max function you could monitor line voltage and see if the line voltage is breifly dropping with load. If you want to buy one, I have a Fluke 117 which has the min/max function and i've been pleased with it.

Assuming the UPS isnt shit, it should allow you to configure the voltage thresholds for when it goes on battery.
>>
>>59195305
Thanks Anon.

I checked thresholds and even turned off notifications.

It never shuts off after the warning, something else is going on. I know Maxwell cards are space heaters.

This one from CyberPower is highly rated everywhere so I got it a while ago.

Maybe I should drop another $200 to get something like you mentioned, although I hate APC. They've screwed me before.
>>
>>59195418
>It never shuts off after the warning,
The computer is probably causing a very brief voltage drop when the GPUs initally turn on. Hence it only goes to battery power very breifly.

As I said before, if you want to test this get a multimeter with a min/max function. You wont notice it with a plain multimeter.

Turning off notifications is kind of a bad thing. Either you will forget to turn off your computer when you lose power, or you wont realize it will auto shutoff soon.

What problems have you had with APC? My only complaint with them is that they havent released updated firmware for my 10+ year old PDUs, and because of it, it uses old insecure SSL crypto algorithms Firefox refuses to use anymore.
>>
>>59195418
>Maybe I should drop another $200 to get something like you mentioned,
Also that SmartUPS was a lot more than $200. More like $1000+ without a network card.
>>
>>59195495
>>59195517
I've head DOA's with APC.

Although I never get rackmount stuff like you do, but I've had a bunch of APCs go out on me earlier than expected and battery replacements are a pain in the ass and it's cheaper to just get a new one.

I had success with CyberPower on multiple workstations, but it seems it cant handle this power hungry PC. Also CyberPower has a small footprint which I like.

I probably had to get something higher than 1500VA.
>>
>>59195588
>I probably had to get something higher than 1500VA.
Again, that is the size of the inverter and isnt relevant in your case. It only would be if it was a double conversion UPS, or if you were triggering over load alarms.
>>
>>59195630
Would something like this work better?

https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-OR1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-1500VA-Compatible/dp/B00YO0ZKSY/ref=sr_1_12?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488446191&sr=1-12&keywords=cyberpower+battery+backup

The one I have is this:
https://www.amazon.com/CyberPower-CP1500PFCLCD-Sinewave-Compatible-Mini-Tower/dp/B00429N19W/ref=sr_1_5?s=pc&ie=UTF8&qid=1488446191&sr=1-5&keywords=cyberpower+battery+backup
>>
>>59195649
>Would something like this work better?
Fuck if I know, again you need to figure out why it is going on battery. Does it have any sort of logging features to tell you why? Can you configure the voltage thresholds for when it goes to battery? If so then set them so it doesnt go on battery as easily and try again.
>>
>>59195681
No logging features.

It does have a faggy "Green" feature so I'll see if I can turn that shit off.

Yeah I can control the voltage, and I put it up all the way so it never goes on battery, but it keeps doing the same thing over and over.

Maybe I should disconnect the monitors and router/modem from the battery outlet and just put it in "surge"...and just leave the computer on the battery outlet?
>>
>>59195713
>Maybe I should disconnect the monitors and router/modem from the battery outlet and just put it in "surge"...and just leave the computer on the battery outlet?
You can try if you want but plug it in to something other than the UPS itself, like a seperate power strip, to see if they just used shitty wiring inside the UPS which is causing voltage drop:

https://www.quora.com/What-causes-voltage-drop-How-can-you-mitigate-it
>>
File: 1487486416103.jpg (155KB, 612x816px) Image search: [Google]
1487486416103.jpg
155KB, 612x816px
>>59195797
Thanks Anon.

You're the best :^)
>>
>>59195240
Volt Amps, really makes you think anon
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.