[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any SharePoint /g/'s on today? What are you working on?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: unnamed.png (9KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.png
9KB, 300x300px
Any SharePoint /g/'s on today?

What are you working on? Discover any cool tricks lately? Any tips to share? Get in here, let's do some knowledge sharing.

Nintex discussions also welcome!
>>
>>59188540
hate to break it to you but this is a board of NEETS they wouldnt know >enterprise software if it bit them on the ass its not to late to start a think pad thread though,
regarding the question though it runs amazing on server 2016
>>
OP here, thought I'd kick things off.

Currently starting a new site collection from scratch. Recently provisioned by Corporate (they have an internal SP server team-disallowed access to CA, and SPD is disabled). No content as of yet, and their old collection is a damn mess.

Right now I'm in a design phase, trying to determine requirements and get some ideas on how I can skin the site pages without putting CSS behind every page.

Looks like each site will consist of some doc libraries, a calendar, discussion board, there will be some approval workflows to build, etc. Should be an interesting time.

Also, they have QuickApps for SharePoint, which I have to admit are growing on me.

This is SP 2010 Standard btw, so alot of the cooler features aren't available.
>>
>>59188572
Dang, that's too bad. Thought it might be interesting to get some lively conversation going. Always fun to see other people's work.
>>
>>59188676
yeah man desu most of us are in the 365 cloud from what i know
>>
All I ever hear from the cube next to me is complaining about sharepoint being a pain in the ass. I do electrical but they have some software woman there and she wants to strangle everyone who asks her about SP.
>>
Story time, I lived and breathed SharePoint from 2007-2013-ish. Consulted, also coded and sold plugins (pre-cloud-hype: back then, world-class enterprises just installed in their corporate server farms whatever binaries they purchased from some dude sitting on a beach without vetting or anything, amazingly enough).

Today's SP is a different beast.. not my kinda battle anymore =)
>>
There are no sharepoint people. Most are retards that graduated from email services. The community is garbage and they are all so closed off so much since they think that everyone is trying to steal their job. Some tips based on rage:

>allow your users to write fucking code. Why the fuck should you care if they want to
>set hard limits on document librairies and publish those limits. Brings the entire system to a fucking crawl when you have one big fucking librairy.
>Sharepoint workspace breaks often, support it anyways. The hits on your server will be so much nicer
>If you still don't decide to use sharepoint workspace, use it your self and check your permissions. Unbelievable what should be secured and isn't
>Have you check that somebody isnt' saving things in the wrong place? #1 the root of the sharepoint site opened in explorer. You know you are in the right place if you start seeing aspx files
>Surveys are epic as fucking checklists. Best part is a single export in an excel sheet of all answers. Like if you have a function laptop commissioning document in excel and you are saving them seperatly, it will save you so much time and organization to group them like this.
>>
>>59188540
Hey OP, how do you deal with SP's folders vs links being a pain in the ass?
>>
>>59188572
>hate to break it to you but this is a board of NEETS they wouldnt know >enterprise software if it bit them on the ass its not to late to start a think pad thread though,
Then why am I running a SQL AlwaysOn availability group at home?
>>
>>59192067
OP here. Feel your pain man, really.

Gotta say though, where I live we have several groups around town that meet once a month or so to collaborate and share ideas--it's been very valuable. I've been going for a year or so and there are still guys that have been attending for 5+. I think online it's harder to find, I'll go weeks posting in a Nintex forum without a response but as soon as I reach out to the peeps in the group I get a nibble at least.

Good advice on library limits, that shit will destroy a collection faster than anything. Noobs pay attention to that one.

I LOVE the idea of throwing out surveys as checklists. Great thinking...I'll give this a try.

As an aside, this is exactly the kind of dialogue I was going for. It's great to hear what we all do to deal with our unique situations. Every environment has it's differences and similarities, so we can share our experiences and try things to improve the gig.
>>
>>59192444
So personally I have a simple way to deal with the rabbit hole that is a folder structure.

Disable folders. Not worth the headache. There's always a better way to construct a solid org system without them. Kinda keeps the users in line too, as they have to adhere to explicit definitions.
>>
>>59188540
There is a lot to sharepoint, to what are you referring specifically?

I used to be a sharepoint admin, now I do cma shit, fml.
>>
Just trying to inspire a spirited discussion is all, feel free to share.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.