[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>like technology >become a programmer >hate programming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1439176399746.jpg (57KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
1439176399746.jpg
57KB, 500x400px
>like technology
>become a programmer
>hate programming
>like money
>hate technology
>hate life
>>
But programming is fun
>>
>>59186548
Not inherently.
>>
>>59186548
Programming is not that bad, it's the industry which is terrible to programmers.

>Daily scrum meetings where you need to justify your time spent
>Need to cut corners to reach deadlines, praying it does not come back from QA
>Why do you need all that time to program this MCU, its only 64kB
>Need to always keep uptodate with technology and programming-du-jour on your own time
>Need to fake loving it because muh evaluations

Who the fuck is expected to love that much their job, that they have to do it at home ?
Do fucking factory workers operate machinery at home for their pleasure ?
>>
>like doing something
>so you do it 8 hours a day, 5 days a week for the rest of your life and expect not to get burnt out on it
Baka
>>
>>59186511
>like technology
>take networking classes
>enjoy networking
>enjoy life.

networking > programming.
>>
>>59186511
google "technological slavery pdf"
>>
>>59186511
>was teenager, computers were the only thing I had an interest in
>school forces me to work for a company for 2 weeks
>apply at software development company
>they take me and I have to program basic shit
>it's boring as fuck, they told me to program a calculator and then just left me
>I get so fucking bored eventually that I try to get any fun I can, at some point I just move the cursor around and spin in my chair
>get home and spend the rest of my day on the computer as well because it's my hobby
>when I get out of it after 2 weeks I swear to never work as a programmer again
>stopped being a teen and got into engineering instead, love it

If your hobby is technology and using a computer, you shouldn't make it into your job, or you'll get sick of your hobby AND work, and it will be all you're doing every day.
>>
>>59186548
programming is fun if you're a highschooler writing "hello world" programs or someone fucking around with fun libraries/doing weekend projects.

When you decide to actually build a complete and complicated piece of production software it gets really boring really fast.

Not to mention having to learn all kind of boring standardized protocols, libraries and frameworks. And if you're part of a team you're only going to do a tiny bit of the program.
>>
Stuying as a security consultant.
My internship consists in flaming everyone's poor job and suggesting unrealistic security updates to project chief that doesnt know shit about what I'm saying since he manages 10 projects at the same time but nods yes to not look stupid

Then I look at the programmers when they're asked to do what I said

>internalraugh.jpg

I love my life
>>
>>59186885
But money
>>
>>59187073
What makes it boring is bureaucracy focused workflows like agile. It's all garbage. Just let us take care of business, instead we have two waste, sometimes up to 2 hours, in a morning call with the rest of your retarded coworkers talking about stuff you'll immediately forget.
>>
>tfw no g f
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.