[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Here's what I don't get. If AMD is so bad, why are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 1

File: jax-16.jpg (20KB, 450x320px) Image search: [Google]
jax-16.jpg
20KB, 450x320px
Here's what I don't get. If AMD is so bad, why are they still in business? Everyone seems to agree so why would people keep buying their CPUs instead of the alternative?
>>
>>59181834
because severly retarded people fall into memes
>>
Because they aren't and you're either retarded, a troll or a shill. AMD fucked up a CPU architecture and was worse for a few generations. Since most of /g/ isn't old enough to remember a time before 2012, they think it's always and will always be like that
>>
>>59181865
stop being an indian shill, what, are you going to bring up the ahtlon and pentium 4 ? Because even like that, people were going intel anyway.
>>
>>59181865
I have an AMD Phenom II X4 965. Did I pick one of the bad ones?
>>
>>59181893
Because intel was taking part in really shitty illegal and inmoral business practices, not even speculation a jury ruled intel owes 1.45 billion dollars to amd for it
>>
>>59181911
If it was better for your needs and budget at the time and aged well it was the right choice
>>
>>59181834
Because they aren't. It's just that their processors usually don't compete with Intel at the super high end and are more budget oriented. However, this isn't always the case *cough*Ryzen*cough*

Also Intel are jews and throw their infinite money around to stay top dog.
>>
>>59181893
>consumers will always buy the better product
Things that never happen
>>
>>59181966
Well I have no idea if it is better than a comparable CPU, but it has yet to explode at least.
>>
>>59181986
When did you buy it and for how much? I'll do the research if you care
>>
Check out Ryzen
>>
>>59181834
Because AMD has the best price/performance and that's what normal people care about

Only the dumb manchildren on /g/ think it's acceptable to pay the retarded prices of intel and nvidia
>>
>>59182087
Bought it back in 2012 but I have no idea where I put the receipt. I'm sure it's around here somewhere but I'd have to dig.
>>
>>59182370
The 965 was an amazing CPU back in the day and still holds up reasonably well.
>>
>>59182443
Cool to hear. I haven't felt much need to replace it really, it's my GPU that could probably use an upgrade.
>>
didn't have enough money for the intel equivalent at the time(mobos with intel sockets are more expensive too) so I'm just stuck with this A8-6600k. It served me well for 3 years now
>>
>>59182443
>The 965 was an amazing CPU back in the day and still holds up reasonably well.
Not really. c2q were similarly priced and have sse4.1 which shows in encoding and emulation. Also phenom cache is slow compared to c2q.
>>
>>59181834

Because whenever your average joe goes online looking for advice on what to buy, he stumbles ubon a billion and one idiots and poorfags who bought amd garbage cpus and are neck deep in buyer's remorse telling people that "i-its a-actually pretty f-fine!!!"

It happened to me when I didn't know any better and was looking to upgrade my PC in 2012. I was gonna get the legendary 2500k but I listened to these fucking retards trying to alleviate their buyer's remorse and got myself a garbage FX 8120. Literally the single worst product I have ever owned and gave me nothing but massive headaches. After a few years of suffering with this hot garbage I swapped it out for an i7 3770 which I got used for the same price of a brand new i5 and it's been a dream ever since.
>>
>>59181834
>Here's what I don't get. If AMD is so bad, why are they still in business?

Because they supply their under-powered chips to under-powered gaming rigs like the PS4 and XBone
>>
>>59182164

Except that when normal people buy PCs they do so to play games and any i3 easily destroys AMD trash in this regard due to extremely higher IPC. Otherwise they buy laptops, which are much better suited if you are just looking for something to type documents on and browse the web, sometimes they even go for smartphones only if they don't work on their pcs.

AMD's price performance is nothing but a myth, starting with the fact that you're good to go with intel's stock cooler whereas AMD's stock cooler sounds like a jet taking off and doesn't cool for shit, so you're already needing to buy an aftermarket one right off the get go.
>>
>>59181911
I'm still using my 965, it's chugging along after about 6 years of 24/7 uptime. Solid chip and great value.
>>
>>59184450
Huh? Why would you not turn your PC off a single time in six fucking years?
>>
>>59183235
>AMD haters are babies who can only remember tech back to the 2500K
Yeah that makes sense
>>
>>59181834
Look at their balance sheet, the only thing keeping them alive is their console chips

They lose money in the desktop market

They make the chips for Xbox and PS and that is the only reason they are still here

If they ever lose that market, they are done for
>>
>>59186044
>If they ever lose that market, they are done for
God I hope that never happens. Total Intel monopoly on CPUs and Nvidia monopoly on GPUs would be a catastrophe

Ryzen and Vega better be fucking good
>>
>>59185396
He's probably just saying he keeps it on most of the time...
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.