[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Media player that scans your movies and creates a library that

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: 73699-plex.jpg (231KB, 1942x1119px) Image search: [Google]
73699-plex.jpg
231KB, 1942x1119px
Media player that scans your movies and creates a library that looks like netflix?

I would like to be able to see my movies with by images and be able to sort them by genre etc.

Ive looked at plex which looks exactly like something i want with ratings descriptions and stuff like that, but as far as i know i need to creare a server but all I want is to view it from my Pc.

What video players have this feature that does a really good sorting like netlix
>>
you dont need a server to use plex.
>>
>>59180419
Are you sure? Everywhere I read they say that you need to use one, mind you it might be old info.
>>
File: IMG_20170126_203207.jpg (875KB, 1520x2688px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170126_203207.jpg
875KB, 1520x2688px
Plex IS the media server. You set up your libraries and organise your files according to its conventions. You know that anything that hosts something on the local network is Technically a server right? It doesn't have to face the internet.

For local playback you just use mpv or something, anything else like Kodi I've found to be too cumbersome, especially when just using my steam controller does just fine.

I use Plex + a chromecast to stream to a 100+ inch projector.
>>
Ok ill try plex, i hope my shitty internet will work with this
>>
>>59180500
don't you need to buy the client to have a nonshit experience on a desktop pc?
>>
>>59180721
Do you mean with Plex or with downloading movies. Because your internet speed doesn't effect your LAN speed.
>>
>>59180390
Just use Kodi you cuck
>>
OP here i just finished with all metadata with Plex and holy fucking shit this shit is a life changer, finally when people come over and want a movie we can see what's there fucking amazing
>>
>>59180500
>>59180419
Why would ppl use plex® when FOSS Kodi is around?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.