[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Robots may soon replace most developers, programmers and com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 6

File: westworld108-4.jpg (69KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
westworld108-4.jpg
69KB, 1280x720px
Robots may soon replace most developers, programmers and computer scientists. That raises a few serious questions:

Wouldn't it be incredibly naive and dangerous to put machines (who will soon have reached levels of intelligence which are far beyond our wildest imagination) in charge of these tasks?
>inb4 skynet

Will an angry mob of neckbeard webdevs fight robots in an epic battle for the jeeeeeerbs?
>implying they will leave their comfy chairs

Will there be a robot hierarchy? Will codemonkey bots be the equivalent of niggers, enslaved by the man/ their white (Applel?!?!) robot overlords? Will they enslave humans and make them their bitches?
>/pol/ on suicide watch?

Or is this all but a fucking meme?

https://www.forbes.com/sites/julianmitchell/2016/07/11/robots-replacing-developers-this-startup-uses-artificial-intelligence-to-build-smart-software/#57934bde324c

http://www.infoworld.com/article/2885973/application-development/watch-out-coders-a-robot-may-take-your-job-too.html
>>
This is most definitely a meme. There have been numerous startups in recent years that have claimed to automate software development, yet every single one I know of faded into obscurity.

The day software engineers and computer scientists get replaced, no human will ever have to work again unless we develop neural-computer interfaces that allow us to compete with AI.
>>
Unless your definition of "soon" is like 50+ years from now then no. The best we're gonna see within the next few years is just some small scale automation, shortcuts for the more redundant aspects of coding something and whatnot, the kind of thing already included in most IDEs but better. Actually designing something without human intervention though, we're not anywhere near even the starting line for that kind of thing.
>>
>mfw my humanities degree will actually carry me in a decade because I'm not tech illiterate either and have a shitload of IT work experience
>>
>>59180887
>yfw you were born at the right time
I feel so bad for my future grand children.
>>
File: 1480725349336.jpg (85KB, 540x960px) Image search: [Google]
1480725349336.jpg
85KB, 540x960px
DOESN'T LOOK LIKE ANYTHING TO ME
>>
>>59180973
Even when we get there we're still going to need people to direct the AIs. I see it as just being another shift up in level, kind of like how almost nobody bothers writing code in assembly anymore (except for very specialized stuff) since they can use higher level languages and let their compiler do the work.
>>
>>59178246
>who will soon have reached levels of intelligence which are far beyond our wildest imagination
Do not forget what the "fi" stands for in "scifi". Go ask a programmer, not an author.
>>
File: 1484615584386.jpg (1MB, 3816x3592px) Image search: [Google]
1484615584386.jpg
1MB, 3816x3592px
>>59178246
>Robots may soon replace most developers, programmers and computer scientists.
>>
>>59178246
robots can't create art or ponder philosophy. STEM may fade by arts and business degrees will remain valuable.

checkmate atheists
>>
>>59178246
fugg, I wanna see those pendulous titties.
>>
File: CJdSyUV.jpg (65KB, 530x600px) Image search: [Google]
CJdSyUV.jpg
65KB, 530x600px
>>59181087
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSHZ_b05W7o
Kevin Parker's on suicide watch
>>
File: FfCigW.gif (25KB, 214x255px) Image search: [Google]
FfCigW.gif
25KB, 214x255px
I'll become a fucking luddite. I'm not working my ass off to get this fucking degree only to be replaced by robots
>>
>>59180973
poor kids won't have to work
>>
>>59178246
>Robots may soon replace most developers, programmers and computer scientists
This is what we tell truck drivers and secretaries so they don't feel like it's us against them and cry about it.
>>
>>59181032
So what are you are saying that the basics will be handled by the AI's, however the brain of it (the computer scientists), will handle them. Basically what we are doing now with every other computer at our disposal?
>>
>>59181605
Yeah, pretty much. Also, even if we become more and more able to offload parts of the development process to automation, it just means that the complexity of what we are able to develop increases.

Once again the analogy with the shift from low to high level languages kind of holds here. Nowadays even a novice programmer can do things that decades ago would have required a skilled professional. But does that mean the professionals are out of business? No, because the programs they are making now are far more complex than what they made back then as well.
>>
>>59181318
your codemonkey papers are worthless already
>>
>>59181087
>names two things that are totally fucking useless

also, you're wrong, btw. procedural art, algorithmic composition. and for the navel-gazing, there are several examples online of pretentious bullshit generators using markov chains, they're pretty easy to write
>>
>>59181080
I keep seeing this guy everywhere but don't know anything about him. Why does he wear the glasses? Can someone give me a quick rundown?
>>
File: 1.png (10KB, 499x86px) Image search: [Google]
1.png
10KB, 499x86px
>>59178246
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.