[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does system32 crash the system? I mean the kernel and shell

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: suna5.gif (36KB, 400x299px) Image search: [Google]
suna5.gif
36KB, 400x299px
Why does system32 crash the system?

I mean the kernel and shell are already loaded in to memory so how does deleting a file off the disk change anything?

srs question
>>
File: thread.jpg (27KB, 375x281px) Image search: [Google]
thread.jpg
27KB, 375x281px
>>59173626
Chances are some of the .dll files are loaded at runtime to support plugins and whatnot.
>>
>>59173626
You're right.

Deleting system32 would not cause the system to crash, despite what many would tell you. This logic is why when you rm -rf /* a UNIX system, it can still run.

RM is still in use even when it is deleted, as it is loaded in memory.

It's also how some background updates work, the binary gets placed where it needs to go, next time you execute it, you execute the new version.
>>
>>59173626
>kernel and shell are already loaded in to memory

Not entirely, many essential dlls and executables arent needed all the time, which is why deleting it could do nothing for about 10-15 minutes.
>>
>>59173675
>Not entirely, many essential dlls and executables arent needed all the time
So parts of the OS aren't loaded in to memory?
>>
Patch guard would crash your system, it validates files off disk.
>>
>>59173714
Files as in integrity of the kernel in memory, it loads the same file off disk, and checks that version vs the version in memory
>>
Next Question:

How does the Kernel interact with new hardware?
Doesn't it have to be written specifically to accommodate that new hardware?
>>
>>59173707
If the entire OS were to be loaded in memory you'd need about 18GB of RAM just for the OS alone.
>>
>>59173626
The real question is, how much of all of that stuff can you delete before you cause a problem, and how much of it is just wasted space?
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.