[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/spg/ - Smartphone General - Sony phones are still shit edition

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 312
Thread images: 30

File: early2017_buying_guide.png (364KB, 1900x1000px) Image search: [Google]
early2017_buying_guide.png
364KB, 1900x1000px
If requesting purchasing advice, please provide your country and what carrier you will be using it with, along with wanted features, budget and size.

Good resources:
>reviews, specs, comparisons
http://www.gsmarena.com
http://www.phonearena.com
http://www.kimovil.com

>Frequency checker
http://willmyphonework.net
http://frequencycheck.com

>Chinkphone news
http://www.gizchina.com
http://www.gizmochina.com

>Recommended Chinkphones $80-$300 as of a long time ago
https://wiki.installgentoo.com/index.php/Chink_shit_general/Phones

>Post a mini-review of your phone
>Discuss upcoming and current models
>Ask for help related to phones
>Tell us how much shekels you spent on good/bad phone
>Shill your Xiaomi
>PRAISE THE CHINKPHONES unless you live in America you shits

>News:
ZTE Debuts the Blade V8 Lite and Blade V8 Mini at MWC 2017
https://www.xda-developers.com/zte-debuts-the-blade-v8-lite-and-blade-v8-mini-at-mwc-2017/

UMIDIGI Z PRO Unveiled at MWC
https://www.xda-developers.com/umidigi-z-pro-unveiled-at-mwc/

Huawei Missed their Profit Target for 2016, Talks of Possible Layoffs
https://www.xda-developers.com/internal-memos-at-huawei-talk-about-missed-profit-targets/

Xiaomi Launches its Own In-House “Surge S1” SoC with the new Xiaomi Mi 5C
https://www.xda-developers.com/xiaomi-launches-its-own-in-house-surge-s1-soc-with-the-new-xiaomi-mi-5c/

Spreadtrum to Base an Upcoming Chip on Intel’s Atom Architecture
https://www.xda-developers.com/spreadtrum-to-base-an-upcoming-chip-on-intels-atom-architecture/

HTC Edge Sense spotted: the buttonless HTC phone?
http://www.phonearena.com/news/HTC-Edge-Sense-spotted-the-buttonless-HTC-phone-still-possible_id91553

Xiaomi unveils Redmi 4X with Snapdragon 435
http://www.gsmarena.com/xiaomi_unveils_redmi_4x_with_faster_lte_snapdragon_435-news-23702.php

Apple iPhone 8 may have a USB-C port instead of Lightning
http://www.gsmarena.com/apple_iphone_8_to_have_a_usbc_port_instead_of_lightning-news-23699.php

old >>59145667
>>
The Blackberry needs to come out faster. muh dick.
>>
AGM X2 WHEN
>>
What's a good phone for around $250?
>>
>>59170981
Moto G5 Plus
>>
Since i posted this as the last thread died, repost

I've had my Note 2 for 4 years, and it's been through several ROMs, and I've noticed that, even though I've flashed it and installed so much stuff onto it, it keeps track of how many times the headphone jack and micro USB port have been used as well as spen ejection times.
Since it can keep track of this stuff despite firmware flashes, rom flashes, wipes, etc, is there anywhere that it'd keep track of all total uptime? Since this thing has been used non-stop for 4 years, I'd like to seespecifically just how long it's been going.
>>
>Sony phones are still shit edition

what's the problem with sony phones? care to elaborate for me, please.

also, have to buy a new phone in a week or so. 200-300 budget.
>>
>>59171076
Thanks. What about one with NFC? Not a deal breaker for me, but I'd prefer it.
>>
>>59172257
I've been looking at Xperia Compacts for a good while but everyone shittalks their build quality
>>
Need a normal size phone with a ~5" screen, big battery, decent performance, and good custom ROM support (LineageOS).

Don't need NFC, a fancy camera, fancy speakers etc.

Was looking at the ZUK Z2 but it's sold out of black almost everywhere which makes it seem like it's no longer manufactured, so the shitty ROM support now won't get much better.
>>
What's up with the LG G6? Just heard it came out.
Someone give me the rundown on it
>>
>>59172930
Xiaomi Mi5
>>
Is the OnePlus 3T a good phone? What are pros vs cons of getting a smartphone that's not Samsung/Apple/Google. I'm new to this but want a quality new smartphone.
>>
>>59173061
What's the chance of the Mi 5s getting LineageOS?
>>
>>59173388
It's not really worth getting the 5s over the 5 in general.

That being the case, it does lower the chances of it being actively developed on.
>>
>>59173061
is there another option that supports US LTE bands?
>>
My Galaxy S3 is finally starting to fail, I'm pretty sure. At first I thought it was the battery, since the phone gets really hot and I can drain about 15% of the battery in less than ten minutes, but now it's also being really picky about which USB cables it will and will not be charged with, which I don't think is a battery issue.

So, new phone. My carrier is Virgin Mobile, and I don't feel like switching carriers, but that does limit what I can get. I can try tracking down a Galaxy S5, although they'll most likely be used which I'd rather avoid; or I can get a new J7 for roughly the same price as a used S5.

I'd rather keep the price at or ideally under $200, so no S7 recommendations.

What do.
>>
>>59170605

OTHER THAN THE HUGE BEZELS convince me why the XZ premium isn't the coolest most interesting phone out there.
>>
>>59173203
Bumping for an answer to this. Looks pretty sweet.
Friend of mine told me about this today and it does have nice features, even if it's a bit pricey for me, still.
>>
>Xperia 3zv backscreen broke after 3 years

It's still kicking. Why are sony phones so bad though?
>>
Still worth buying a iphone 6 plus? coming from a Moto G4 plus
>>
>>59174581
>>
>>59170605
>Look at this graph with a bunch of phones full of adware that you can't root
>Nexus 6 not listed which is the only answer
>Lists samsung
>Lists apple chinkware
>>
It's my birthday on Saturday, what phone shall get?

I want good performance and a good camera. I would be upgrading from an LG G3.
>>
Are there any android phones that actually get vanilla android updates and can expect a 4 year lifespan?

I would prefer that over any feature like a nice camera or a nice screen.
>>
>>59175273
anything officially supported for LineageOS
>>
>>59175668
>For any phone officially supported by Lineage OS

I'm not a wizard with Androids...Lineage is CyanogenMod right?

In which case, for many of these phones, in order to get Vanilla Android I would have to root my phone and flash AOSP, correct?
>>
>>59175803
LineageOS is the continuation of CyanogenMod. Nougat on one of their supported devices runs really well.

If a device is officially supported by them, it's almost certainly got a big enough dev community to sustain it for ~4 years.

>in order to get Vanilla Android I would have to root my phone and flash AOSP, correct?

No rooting needed, you usually have to unlock the bootloader, then flash a custom recovery and the ROM. It's almost always idiot proof.

Official LineageOS gets OTAs and isn't rooted ootb, so you can just use your phone without tweaking it 24/7.
>>
>>59175903
I've read about some brands making it harder than others to unlock bootloaders. What's the first phone that comes to mind that's bootloader-unlock friendly?

If at all possible, screen size max at 5 inches.
>>
>>59170605
Why the Nokia 5 over the regular G5?
>>
>>59170605
Idk, I got a z3c not to long ago, and sub $200 for a SD801 and a pretty alright camera is good enough for me.
I'd rather have a SD801 over a SD430 when it comes to a sub $200 device.
And ROM support is pretty nice, so getting this to Android 7.0 won't be too hard.
>>
is there anything better than a op3+ 128GB for cheaper that will have decent support?
>>
>>59173203
>>59174383
Are you guys joking
Its one of the most common phones that /g/ has
even the techno nigger made a review
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0f_BTRPUr6k

next model should come this year
>>
>>59172301
>everyone shittalks their build quality
More like "makes accurate statements about their build quality."
>>
>>59176226
They're all pretty easy, at most you have to register an online account with the phone manufacturer. For most, you send a couple of commands from your computer.

If a device has official LineageOS support, it's because the manufacturer released the kernel sources (so community development could begin) and the bootloader unlocking process isn't onerous.
>>
File: 1484665854428.jpg (103KB, 964x964px) Image search: [Google]
1484665854428.jpg
103KB, 964x964px
>>59170605
I thought XA1 was going to be the one but they keep choosing mediashit WHY?!
>>
So is knox good? Started trusting it since no root on my s7 anymore because of N.

Guess I'm in it now, hopefully the south koreans don't double cross me
>>
my nexus 5x screen cracked

who even fixes these
>>
>Decent battery
>Decent internal storage, or SD slot
>NFC
>$200 - $300
What's the best I can get that fits this?
>>
I've got an old S4 that seems to die when its battery hits about 73%.

It runs just fine when charging and when its battery is > 73%.

Has anyone seen this problem before? Do I just need to get a new battery?
>>
>>59177259
Fix it yourself.

Buy a phone repair kit and youre good to go.

>>59174581
No.
>>
File: 1481850772726.jpg (9KB, 158x153px) Image search: [Google]
1481850772726.jpg
9KB, 158x153px
Just bought an iPhone 7 plus. To replace my Galaxy S7

>how do webm
>>
>>59177663
step 1: get a screen recording software
step 2: start it and select webm as your choice of codec
step 3: record
step 4: end recording. you're done, webm is ready
>>
>>59177704
I don't get why I have to take these extra steps. Why can't iOS just play it for me right there like android did? Thanks though.
>>
>>59176915
Nothing wrong with Mediatek
>>
Getting my OP3T tomorrow and I'm hype as fuck. V10 is starting to get a little fucked.

Any custom ROMs you /g/uys would suggest? What should I expect?
>>
File: 1451890254822578.jpg (170KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
1451890254822578.jpg
170KB, 1200x675px
I like rugged phones with big battery life and a decent camera. Stuck between Ulefone Power and Oukitel K6000 Pro. Any others which beat those? Opinions? I know they usually use Mediakek but I don't play games on my phone anyway.
>>
>>59170605
my xperia zr is a helluvva phone man. I don't know how often I dropped that phone on concrete floor, it's still fine now.
>>
>>59172301
the x compact is the perfect phone if it weren't for the FUCKING GLOSSY PLASTIC BACK.
>>
>>59178234
K6000 pro would be the better choice there.
>>
>>59178144
you're in for a treat.
also following. I like stock OxygenOS but I want to try something different
>>
>>59178298
I'm looking at Blackview phones as well, I think Blackview BV6000 would be the best choice of them all according to Kimovil. Anybody had experience with the Blackview?
>>
>>59178283
And no water resistance (version with it was released only in Japan for some reason)
>>
Huawei p9, mate 9 and honor 8
I want ur thoughts.
>>
So the s8 will have on screen home & back buttons? capactive buttons are so much better why would they go backwards?
>>
>>59172301
Go for the Z3 its the best o e you can have
>>
>>59178973
Bezels
>>
>>59172930
5.5" xiaomi rn3p
>>
what's a good tool for monitoring cpu/battery temps that will show on the status bar? something equivalent to speccy on the pc would be great.

can be app/xposed/whatever.
>>
>>59172301
Femanon here
I've had two xperia compacts (z1 and z3)

Look great but both borked after 18 months. One stopped barging, other kept rebooting randomly even after a full software reset. Sony aftercare wouldn't do anything, basically said it is out of warranty and they would charge £45 just to look at it. Fuck Sony
>>
>>59179618
Search cputemp and cpufreq in xposed.
>>
Which chink phones work in the us on tmobile?

I have an s7 edge but want to get a cheap backup in case this breaks or whatever.

New to chink phones so idk whats good, 250$ max budget

What to get?
>>
so i bought a s7 edge and sometimes scrolling or other actions takes interference because my palm is touching the edge of the touch screen
is there a fix or did i get memed?
>>
>>59179722
CPUtemp is broke as fark, don't know which sensor path is cpu, temp reading is fucked up as well.
>>
>>59180184
Sorry, I haven't used them in ages. Try Gravitybox. I don't know if there's an option for status bar placement though.
>>
>>59180139
RN3P Special Edition has 2/3 of LTE bands used by T-Mobile. LeEco Le Max 2 and Le S3 have all bands, for AT&T and T-Mobile.

You could also look at ZTE Blade V8 Pro and whatever Huawei phones they sell in the US.
>>
>>59180180
You're holding the phone wrong.
>>
File: iphone-4-ihand-550x394.jpg (41KB, 550x394px) Image search: [Google]
iphone-4-ihand-550x394.jpg
41KB, 550x394px
>>59180416
not this shit again
>>
>country
Australia

>wanted features
Less laggy than iphone 4s. Ideally an SD slot. Want to be able to pirate apps goodly.

>budget
<$200 Australian

>size
Preferably smaller rather than bigger because I am a man and keep my phone in my pocket.
>>
>>59180743
Redmi 4 Pro
>>
>>59180788
>Pro
Did you mean prime? That is showing up as 300 AUD for me.
>>
>>59180823
Same phone, it's called Pro in some places and Prime in others
https://www.kimovil.com/en/where-to-buy-xiaomi-redmi-4-pro
>>
What do you think about Mokee? Planning to get a ZUK z2 and put Mokee on it, it doesn't have official Lineage OS support
>>
How is the camera on the 3T? Will I regret buying it so late now that the next OnePlus is coming? Am I being paranoid about obsolescence?
>>
What's the best budget (~$250) chinkphone?
>>
>>59182160
bump for this one. My Z1 Compact is starting to shit on me and dying at 60% battery
>>
>>59181298
It's just like Lineage OS but has more active devs. Comes with Aegis (doze) and substratum (themer) app.

Battery is a bit better than LOS for my Moto G4

A warning though, some rumors it has spyware in it but no one has proven it so far.
>>
>>59182367
sounds interesting... but why do people keep on pushing Lineage OS on here then if Mokee is apparently even better? got any idea?
I saw the Mokee build on this https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dcFU15GntLw and i thought it was interesting since i also want to get myself a Z2 to replace my shitty iphone 5s
>>
>>59173447
The only reason I can think of is that the mi5 is more fragile
>>
>>59173447
I've got mi5s plus and it's neat, my hope is it will get lineage once.
>>
>>59182514
CM/LOS is pure romfu.
>>
>>59176392
Interesting.
Is there a /g/ approved carrier to go with?
>>
>>59172966
There's a technigger video review about it
I'm loving the thin bezels. Not a fan of the glossy backplate.
>>
Buying new phone, Verizon.
No real budget but nothing too crazy.
Looking specifically at;
>Sony Xperia XZ Premium (Sony fanboy here)
>LG G6
>Asus Zenfone 3 zoom
>Asus Zenfone AR
Looked at specs just really don't know if I wanna wait for one or just get the G6 cause it's coming out soon. I'm so sick of the POS Galaxy S5 never buying a smasung phone again
>>
>>59183005
Virgin mobile
>>
>>59182905
I'm not not denying that, burn the ZUK z2 doesn't have official support from Lineage OS, that's why I'm trying to ask if there are better alternatives without having to go through a ROM made but Pajeet
>>
File: bark.jpg (81KB, 720x960px) Image search: [Google]
bark.jpg
81KB, 720x960px
Is 1GB of ram enough for playing funny cat games?
>>
>>59183415
Yeah
>>
>>59177663
install vlc
>>
>>59177663
Install Opera Mini
>>
>>59183188
Sony Xperia XZ looks fucking amazing
But if you want to save money, look at the Moto g5 Plus. I shill Moto like crazy, and its because they are the resident sleeper best phones for the price, but everyone will shill a xiaomi that takes 4-6 weeks and has a shitty ROM, whereas moto has near stock android
>>
Is there anything that rivals the iPhone SE in terms of pocket-ability? I have an Xperia X Compact at the moment, but something just a bit smaller would be nice.

Price doesn't matter. Seriously considering dealing with iOS ecosystem bullshit just for the SE size and feel
>>
You guys think the xperia premium will be on tmobile this time around?

I have an upgrade and dont want to shell out the 900+ jew shekels.
>>
>>59183683

don't do it
>>
>>59183596
Nothing like that on Android unless you're ready to dive into the world of ghetto phones with enough RAM to barely run the OS itself.

All of these are under 4.2" and released during 2016 so nothing extremely outdated software-wise. Tweak the filter and have fun:

http://www.gsmarena.com/results.php3?nYearMin=2016&fDisplayInchesMax=4.2&sOSes=2
>>
Worth buying SE or are there any better medium sized android phones to choose from?
>>
>>59183879
See >>59183808
The Xperia Compact series (Z3c to Z5c & X) is the smallest you can go without compromising mid to top-range features. Anything smaller and you start going into budget territory or settling for a grossly outdated phone. 4" is outright third world/ghetto-tier nowadays.
>>
>>59178700
I'd shill the Honor 8 because I have it and it just got Nougat.

>Looks really good on the back
>95% speed of flagships for UI and navigation related things
>2/3 the cost
>Decent camera
>4gb RAM, never been close to filling it
>The clickable fingerprint button is godlike (different functions for click, hold, double click and swiping it)
>SD Card slot
>Silly amounts of extra "smart" features I have yet to see on other phones but I guess you can get apps for shit like that on any phone
>5.2" form factor
>Decent battery
>USB-C fast charge meme
>IR Blaster
>Not fucking EMUI 4.0 anymore

Not great:
>Slippery
>Scratches like fuck
>Volume and on/off on same side (subjetive ofc)
>No 4k video
>>
>>59184056
Also, could you all please stop with that stupid "pocketability" moniker? It's nothing more than a buzzword created by Apple shills half a decade ago to justify selling the same LCD pannel for like 4 years straight at a premium price, and is now used to meme the SE into unsuspecting customers. I'm a manlet wearing slim fit jeans and even 5.5 behemoths with a TPU case fit perfectly fine in my pockets.
>>
>Redmi Note 4
>Honor 6X
>ZTE Blade V8 Pro
What do?
>>
is there a way to access the internal storage memory of a kitkat with a broken display from a pc
>>
>>59172257
Overpriced, even their flagships have average specs (read: if the market standard is, say, SD838 and 6GB ram with a 4k screen they will use SD835, 3-4GB ram and a 1080p/2k screen unless it's a special edition), extremely fragile, poor battery, fingerprint scanner is almost always disabled in burgerland and the cameras are often just good instead of great despite sony manufacturing the best sensors.

They may have the prettiest phones ever, the most optimized android skin, never cuck you out of an SD slot and water/dust resistance but they're never worth 700+ dollars.
>>
>>59174286
If you still want a samsung go for the S5, otherwise consider Xiaomi and Motorola for good phones under 200 dollars.
>>
>turn off led notifications for mail in settings on HTC10
>still get the led blinking
But why?
>>
>>59183378
Mokee is pretty comfy, used it on my z2 pro until it got an official nougat update, now I'm back on stock zui.
>>
Is the ZTE Axon 7 any good? Any users have thoughts?
>>
>>59185034
It's pretty good. A little weak camera for the price but good in most other ways.
>>
>>59185087
I really need a new phone should I get that or wait for like the Asus, G6, or Sony?
>>
aaay just what I was looking for. SO I broke my tablet and I also need a camera that is at least 8MP

Im looking at this:
BLU R1 HD Cell Phone 16GB - Black
http://a.co/4QmCKzh

as well as:
BLU LIFE ONE X2 - 4G LTE Unlocked Smartphone - 64GB+4GB RAM
http://a.co/hp7xL1Y

the first one is 2gb RAM/8MP for $100-ish. The second is 4gbRAM/16MP for $200

Now my question is, do I NEED 4gigs of ram on a phone? Is it worth the extra hundred for a smoother GranBlue experience?
>>
>>59183188
>>59183570
I agree, if you're not a poorfag, get the xzp
>>
>>59185233
I just don't want to wait that fucking long this S5 is pissing me off. The worst phone I've ever had and I've had it for 2 years
>>
>>59185100
What do you need in a new phone?

There's plenty nice options around that price.

>Axon 7
>Zuk Z2 Pro or Zuk Edge
>honor 8
>Mi5s
>zenfone 3

A lot of people like the Axon 7 because it's got front facing speakers and a dedicated dac.
>>
>>59185272
Don't think I can get axon anymore, after doing some research it seems it's not compatible with verizon anymore. Fuck verizon
>>
>>59184914
Because I'm on a no-contract carrier, my selection is limited. Xiaomi doesn't make any phones for Virgin Mobile, and the only Motorola phone I can get is a 3rd gen Moto G.
>>
>>59185128
Those two phones might seem like good purchases but blu screens are always dogshit, i have no idea if it's because of low DPI or poor quality LCD panels but they're super blurry and you can see the fucking pixels more than whatever app you have open, even the meme R1 HD had a shitty screen, I have no idea why since blu phones are rebranded chinkphones with american botnet embedded on the chips.

Moto g4 play is 120 dollars and is a top tier budget phone with a decent camera for the price, or for 200 you could get an old GOAT flagship (S5, LG G2, OP1) and tweak it to your liking for 2017 flagship performance, you could also wait for the moto g5.
>>
>>59185389
What choices do you have? S5 is pretty solid; shitload of features, decent camera, sd slot and removable battery plus water resistance iirc, just slap a nougat aosp rom on it and buy the extended battery if you want.
>>
Which smartphone creator has the 3rd top-selling spot? Basically, what comes after Apple and Samsung, when comparing sales?
>>
On my Nexus 5x, writing text is a profoundly frustrating experience. Specifically, using the GBoard GlideTyping is wildly error prone. It habitually makes strange choices (e.g. always "days" instead of "says", "bish" instead of "bush"), and all too often the gesture trail will show, but nothing shows up.

So, what 3rd party keyboard should I install? Does it get any better? I don't recall having this much frustration with any other keyboard, including the one on my horrible Windows Mobile 10 Lumia 640.
>>
>>59185857
TouchPal, but don't install from play store because it's an ad ridden mess of a botnet.

There's a modified apk on their Google Plus page from the pro version that works perfectly.

Despite all their shit from 2015 onwards it's still my favorite keyboard.
>>
>>59185567
Current phones out on the market, that I could easily pick up today and are within the $200 I'd be willing to spend:
Samsung Galaxy J3
LG X Power
LG Tribute HD
LG K3
LG Stylo 2
Moto G3
HTC Desire 626s
Galaxy J7

There's a few discontinued models I could either try finding on Amazon or buying used off eBay, although used is less than ideal.
Galaxy S5
LG Volt
iPhone 5s
>>
>>59186034

I'll check it out, thanks.
>>
>Moto G5 Plus doesn't have NFC
Why do they keep omitting it?

What's a good phone at that price that has it?
>>
File: iphonese-select-2016.jpg (81KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
iphonese-select-2016.jpg
81KB, 1200x630px
Is buying the iPhone SE a good idea? Not enough money for the iPhone 7 and I'm fine with the small screen.
>>
File: 1457780909635.jpg (562KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1457780909635.jpg
562KB, 1920x1080px
>>59186447
>iPhone
>good idea
Pick one.
>>
>>59186463
Used to have a windows and android phone and I simply enjoy the iphone a bit more. Better usability and user interface in my opinion.
>>
File: 1468414709081.jpg (479KB, 800x2160px) Image search: [Google]
1468414709081.jpg
479KB, 800x2160px
>>59186447
>iPhone

lmao
>>
File: no.png (69KB, 626x348px) Image search: [Google]
no.png
69KB, 626x348px
>If you are a manlet get the xperia x compact
>$359.00
>>
>>59170605
Anyone have that pic for recommended Android programs?
>>
File: Lumbergh.jpg (17KB, 480x360px)
Lumbergh.jpg
17KB, 480x360px
Is there any way to make a specific app launch by default on Windows 10 Mobile?

I have an unused Lumia 640 and I was thinking of using MapFactor Navigator on it to use it as a full-time GPS. I figure it will turn itself on when power is applied from a 12V socket, so if it just automatically launched MapFactor Navigator, that'd be greeeeat.
>>
is the iphone 6s still worth buying?
>>
>>59186805
"Still" would imply it was ever worth buying.
>>
>>59185013
Stock ZUI? any reasons why you got back to that? I don't get it if you got the update to Nougat on Mokee or ZUI
>>
>>59186841
What's wrong with the 6s?

I'd like to know because I'm considering getting one.
>>
>>59177631
look up battery calibration
>>
>Country
Burgerland

>Carrier
T-Mobile

>Budget
Under $300

>Features
Good battery. Preferably NFC.
>>
>>59186987
Nothing really. IPhones are pretty good, Just not good for the price.

I'll never buy one but I have to admit I'm kinda a fan because with a much smaller battery the iPhone is able to get competitive screen on time with Android flagships that have much bigger batteries
>>
>>59186987
http://www.phonearena.com/news/Apple-iPhone-6s-battery-issue-hits-more-phones-than-thought_id88769
>>59186447
Even though the fag/g/ots on /g/ will laugh at you, it is indeed a good phone and totally worth buying in >the current year.
>>59186131
Moto G3
Galaxy S5
iPhone 5S
are the only valid options.
>>59187237
I don't know burgerland that well but could you wait until the Motorola Moto G5+ drops?
>>
>>59187403
G5 Plus seems pretty good, but no NFC. Nokia 6 seems like a good competitor as well.
>>
File: 1472839029340.jpg (847KB, 770x4225px) Image search: [Google]
1472839029340.jpg
847KB, 770x4225px
>>59187403
>good phone
>>
>>59177447
Galaxy Note 4
>>
>>59185783
http://www.idc.com/promo/smartphone-market-share/vendor
https://www.statista.com/statistics/271496/global-market-share-held-by-smartphone-vendors-since-4th-quarter-2009/
>>
>>59179634
plz be my gf
>>
>>59187522

everybody seems to be bitching on android sites that motorola is shit since lenovo bought them. Should I be worried or just take it anyway cause its cheap and has good battery?
>>
>>59188067
Idk man. Lenovo bought Zuk and they seem pretty good.
>>
>>59188067
The Moto G3 was under specced for the price and the G4 was overpriced and had unoptimized software at launch.

They seem to be going back to their roots somewhat with the G5, so I would give em a chance.
>>
>>59188147
If only they managed to integrate mods into their Moto G's it would be grand. Imagine having 5000mAh+ battery on those suckers.

But that would fuck up their midrange phones.
>>
Does MIUI have a colour temperature setting for the display at night? Something like in Cyanogenmod or f.lux on PC.
>>
>>59170605
Are people actually spending hundreds on phones? What do they do better than a $50 phone? I can only think of a better camera. I bought a $25 phone with Android 5.0, I think, and it runs most apps.
>>
I'm rocking a HTC One M8 right now with Vodafone. I can upgrade in about a month's time and I'm not really looking to pay more than the 32 pounds I'm paying right now.

I've been fairly happy with this phone but because of muh planned obsolescence it's been shitting out on me for the past few weeks. Any recommendations?
>>
Wait for the redmi 4x or get the redmi note 4x? I only care about a good price/performance ratio
>>
>>59188793
>Less than 5.5 inch: redmi 4x
>5.5 inch: redmi note 4x
>>
So what do you need more than 2 GB of RAM for? I have a galaxy S4 and the most I've seen it go up to is 1,6 GB out of the 2 it has. I will buy another phone soon and I don't really know what the fuzz of 2+ GB is about.
>>
Looking for:

>android
>unlockable bootloader
>7.1 custom rom support
>amoled screen (or good ips color accuracy)
>4gb+ ram

Coming from Galaxy s4, which is on its last legs.
>>
>>59189308
OnePlus 3T
>>
>>59189334
Thanks, heard good things. I know the stock camera app is shit compared to the manufacturer camera software, but I'm trying to go google-less.
>>
Need a good device with 4gb ram and not Samsung. Had a OnePlus 3 but had terrible issues with screen and headphone jack. Kinda leaning towards a G5. Also has to be unbranded unlocked version
>>
>>59188669
Can it run asphalt 8 on ultra settings or other demanding programs?
Does it have 400+ PPI?
Does it achieve at least 8 hours SoT per charge?
Does it have good audio quality?
Latest Bluetooth and Wi-Fi specs?
Is it running the latest android with the latest security patch, or will it get it soon?
Does it have USB 3.0 or 3.1 transfer rates?

Can't be fucked typing any more.

I don't understand how you think your point would be valid in any scenario, but if that's how you want to justify being on the lowest rung of poorfags then good for you (:
>>
>>59189373
It's indisputably the best phone ~$500.
>>
>>59189394
Zuk z2?
>>
Is the Huawei Honor 8 Lite a solid phone for 140€? I can get it through my carrier with a discount. Should i go for it?
>>
>>59189714
Yeah.
Kirin is a magic SoC, the original honor 8 is smoother than an iPhone 7 or 1+3t or any other phone it was compared against. The lite should be blazing fast too despite the weaker SoC
>>
My Redmi Note 3 Pro has randomly locked into bootloop many times since I bought it back in summer.
One thing I did notice is that it only happened the moment I got a 64GB microsd, and only after I started filling it, after filling it to 40-50GB or so.

Can something like this happen?
It doesn't officially support 64GB cards.
>>
File: file.png (75KB, 1080x1920px)
file.png
75KB, 1080x1920px
>>59189908
sucks to be you dude
>>
>>59184868
My xperia x performance inst fragile at all, I'm more suprised it still in perfect good shape. For the fingerprint, I love it, its the perfect spot for a fingerprint. Also, performance's wise i find it pretty solid.
>>
>>59190074
>>59189908
Aaaand now even flashing doesn't fix the bootlop.
Great.
My phone is dead.
>>
>>59190311
>>59189908
>falling for the Xiaomi meme
Kek
>>
>>59190348
Oh no, i'm definitely buying the Nokia 6 later this year because i'm done with chinkphones, but i'm broke at the moment and I can't afford a new phone right now.
>>
>>59186447
Stop shilling this garbage
>>
>>59186131
Jesus fuck, you'd be better off importing a chinkphone with the bands you need for LTE on your carrier, anyways Galaxy S5>Moto G3>Iphone 5s, the G3 is sub 100 dollars by now and pretty solid (waterproof, third party support up the ass and nice camera, lacks fingerprint, lots of features, amoled screen and removable battery compared to S5) but it gets autistic with micro SDs bigger than 16 GB though, from randomly ejecting them to completely fucking them up no matter the brand, so you'd better not use your 100 dollars samsung evo on it, the largest anyone has been able to use on it was some 64 GB sony and even then it sometimes refuses to read it, requiring a restart.
>>
>>59170605
Should I buy the oneplus 3t or wait for the next one?
>>
I really want to get the LG G6 ;_;

Someone please tell me if there's a better phone, price isn't an issue.
>>
>>59188326
Only a yellow filter
>>
Buying used phones off eBay, bad idea or terrible idea?
>>
>>59190496
Bad idea, swappa or amazon are the only reasonable sites.
>>
>>59190357
There's always el cheapo ones you can buy to hold you out until you can afford the one you want.

Oukitel has been reliable in my experience (love my k6000 pro) and they have some nice cheap ones like the C5 Pro.

But definitely do what you can to get your Xiaomi fixed first, if you can get that running instead of spending money then it's the much better option.
>>
>>59190447
wait for the s8
>>
>>59190528
Thing is, I can't.
I've reflashed the phone about 4 times in the past hour, and it's still stuck in boot screen.
The other times it happened I easily fixed it by just reflashing the stock ROM.
Don't know what happened this time.
>>
>>59190558
Have you tried using miflash or flashing lineage?
>>
>>59190581
I am using miflash, and I don't think I can't flash Linage since I don't have a custom recovery mode.
>>
>>59190424
You can never go wrong with OP3T
>>
>>59190575
Zuk z2, redmi note 4, LeEco Le s3, coolpad cool1, vernee mars.

>>59190593
Do you have developer options enabled? Can you flash twrp recovery?

This is what I fucking hate about Xiaomi phones. Had the same issues when I bricked my redmi 3 pro.
>>
>>59190612
>Do you have developer options enabled?
I'm in bootloop, I can't access the phone.

>Can you flash twrp recovery?
I have to unlock the bootloader first, which i'm going to try.
>>
$250
Supports AT&T LTE in the USA
Accelerometer, Gyroscope, and Compass
SD Slot.

What are my options.
>>
>>59190617
You need developer options enabled to do anything, but try anyways. I pray for your sake that you can at least boot to something.

There was also a guide to flash lineage with a locked bootloader iirc, I'll try to find that for you
>>
>>59190632
Thanks for the help, at least.
I do think I had developer options activated before though.
>>
>>59190649
https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/kate-guide-install-lineage-os-locked-t3546154

And

https://forum.xda-developers.com/redmi-note-3/how-to/method-to-flash-twrp-recovery-unlock-t3473294
>>
>>59190664
>>59190649
Double read the instructions just in case cause I hard bricked my redmi 3 pro trying to follow an unofficial unlock guide.
I was careless, but I wouldn't want the same to happen to you.
>>
>>59190679
So, just download the global dev ROM for my phone, download TWRP, and rename the TWRP file to recovery.img?
>>
>>59190526
Why bad? Stolen?
>>
>>59190594
isn't the new one coming tho?
>>
>>59190718
Seems to be it

>>59190767
I bought an Lg G3 off eBay and the charging ic melted after a couple of months.
Never buying a used phone again. Go for a chink one if you want something cheap.
>>
I have an LG G4, almost made it 2 years with it and it's taking a shit. What the fuck do I replace it with, everything else out, even the flagships, seem like they're WORSE.
>>
>>59190857
Not really.
An S7, the LG G6, or whatever will shit on it.
>>
>>59190767
Most of the time yeah, mainly when buying iphones (it's where tyrone sells his stolen iphones when he realizes the owner locked the phone and no one in the apple store was progressive enough or fell for the "i juss threw away muh papers man unlock it pleese dindunuffin stop bein' rayciss").

There's also a 70% chance of getting a brick inside the phone box, or the back cover (if it's removable), the charger and some nail clippers to make the box heavy, or if you get the phone at all it may be on its last legs, scratched to shit, faulty or with a cracked screen, at this point you'd be better off hunting refurbished phones at walmart.
>>
>>59190612
Well, I managed to flash TWRP.
What now?
>>
>>59190779
It will be more expensive judging by the specs,
>>
>>59190922
Are there confirmed specs?
>>
>>59190915
make a backup
flash lineage & gapps (pico)
????
profit
>>
>>59190915
Flash a custom rom asap and see if it still bootloops.

When you go to "wipe", click on "advanced" and tick every box sans for the sd and otg, don't take any chances, then continue flashing the rom+gapps if you want, don't boot the rom first and then install gapps, you need to install them both at the same time or you'll need to reflash again.
>>
>>59190932
Just rumors.
>>
>Moto Z Play $400
>3000mAh battery mod $80

Is this phone worth $480 for the 6500mAh juice?
>>
File: Image-264306.jpg (237KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Image-264306.jpg
237KB, 1200x675px
After the new moto g looks like a piece of shit this year i think i would be really happy to try one of the new nokia phones. They are said to have good build quality and are apparently even more stock than the motos.
Will there be a g5 play version this year?
I have a g4 play right now and am really happy with it, but i think nokia did their shit right and would be happy to see them succeed.
>>
>>59191018
No.

>SD625
>3GB ram
>phablet size
>3500 mAh battery
>amolel screen for guaranteed burn-in in 2 years
>battery/audio (((moto mod))) isn't included in the box by default

>350 freedom tickets plus about $60 per mod

Plenty of chinkphones with the same or better specs (namely the Redmi 4 Prime) and battery starting at 4100 mAh for $150 or lower, get the motorola only if you dig the amoled screen and type c.
>>
>>59186551

They were on sale for $300 a week ago, so keep an eye out, specially with Sony announcing the new models.
>>
>>59191157
Probably not since the G5 is pretty much a slightly upgraded G4 Play (SD410>SD430, 16 internal>32 internal, 720p>1080p, removable battery, 5" size and 2GB ram kept, has the exact same GK40 battery even, but it now comes with fingerprint scan and gyroscope), ugly as it may be i think it will be a fine ass phone if they keep the yearly $179 per vanilla moto G phone, probably not since they included a turbocharger and earbuds in the box this time, all i hope for is a notification light, my old ass moto G is on its last legs.
>>
>>59191214
But Burger 4G bands
>>
>>59191335
Sorry, the 16GB rom has 2GB ram, but the 32GB rom comes with 3GB ram, it may be exclusive to yurop and pooinlooistan like the G4 Plus with 4GB ram though.
>>
>>59191335
I agree, it will be a sweet phone for the price. I didnt know the g5 is 5" version of the two, so there really is no need for a play this year.

Notification light and nfc is the only thing i'm missing in these phones.
>>
I bought a robin and it's been tight since Dec of 2016.

camera's good.
don't really use storage. have 12gb used
i have a shit ton of music i loaded my spare side phone w/ (i'm a legal trial assistant, need a backup phone)
shit runs smooth

any robin heads here???
>>
>>59190952
>>59190954
Jesus fuck, finally.
I installed the Nitrogen OS ROM to try and it did boot.
Thanks a lot for the help.
>>
File: IMAG0102.jpg (2MB, 3264x1952px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG0102.jpg
2MB, 3264x1952px
I was wondering if you could suggest a phone to me for around (or less than) $500, T-Mobile is my carrier and I'm from the USA

Mainly need a phone for internet browsing, social media, news, and general office/business stuff

Not for games or movies or anything like that.

But I do want to be able to root it, as I am a bit of a privacy buff and I'd like to install some security features.

What can you guys suggest?

Also I'm DONE with HTC...
>>
>>59191502
See if you can find the Galaxy S7 for that price.
Not the S7 Edge though, on top of being more expensive, the curved screen gimmick is pointless and the only thing it does is make phone cases look terrible and make it uncomfortable to hold.
>>
>>59191516
S7E is better though, it's got a bigger battery and the edge has some nice features.
>>
>>59191516
I have always avoided Samsung, but I suppose I'll try them.

Don't know why though...
>>
>>59191531
Yeah, but he wants it to be in the $500 price tag.
Also, what does the Edge have that the regular S7 doesn't?
>>
>>59191553
The edge and the bigger battery?
The edge thing depends on if you like it or not.
>>
>>59191478
Yeah no problem, it reminds me of when i tried to flash the pure pixel rom on my nexus 5 and i accidentaly wiped EVERYTHING on the phone (muscle memory from flashing a new rom every other week on another phone with sd slot), so i got stuck on recovery with no rom to boot into and transfer the rom and gapps to internal storage, fastboot and adb push fixed it but i panicked for like an hour before i found a tutorial for the oneplus one.
>>
>>59191590
Now I guess I can throw away the 64GB sd I was using when the phone bricked.
I can't either delete any file, nor format it, and since everytime my phone has locked in bootloop happened after I started filling it, I think the card is just broken, or or corrupted or something.
>>
>>59191553
Just to clarify it doesn't HAVE to cost me $500, I'll take a less expensive phone if it basically does everything I need...
>>
>>59191671
Then you could also check other phones.
The Huawei Honor 8 is very popular and pretty decent, has dual camera too.
Just avoid chinkphones, and yeah, HTC is done for and only a matter of time before they drop out of the industry, so ignore them as well.
>>
>>59191424
NFC is included iirc, no idea about notification light but one thing i really liked about these new moto G phones was the gestures added to the fingerprint scanner, tap for home, swipe left to close, swipe right for recents, i can finally get rid of onscreen buttons and use expanded desktop mode without having to put up with ugly ass backlight capacitive ones, if they kept the previous moto gestures for camera and flashlight it'd be GOAT even without notification light.
>>
>>59184336
>half a decade
Five years.

Literally less characters to write that. 5 years is even shorter. Why does this trigger me so much.

>back in the day

Fuck. People say this and mean 5 years ago. Jesus.
>>
Tell me one reason I shouldn't get the moto g5 plus
>>
are camera apps are meme or are they worth the $$ how do like camera+, procam, and the like compare to free apps like lightroom?
>>
>>59190627
Moto g4 Plus
>>
So I'm thinking of getting the honor 8 with T-Mobile. I really like MUI

Good idea?
Bad idea?
>>
Just bought a ZUK Z2. What rom should I install when it arrives? How's LineageOS on it?
>>
>>59192774
Stick to zui but install official zui if you care about camera and utouch.

There's a global version on zuk forums for nougat already.
>>
>>59192603
Yeah, honor 8 is a good buy.
>>
I've been using a Galaxy S5 for years and I:

- Don't care about camera quality
- Don't care about screen resolution >1080p
- Need a replaceable battery and microSD slot

is there anything worth upgrading to?
>>
>>59193031
zui looks like ass, is the custom ROM scene that bad?
>>
>>59191700
US variants of G5 and G5+ announced that they will not have NFC, which is frankly retarded.
>>
Need a ~5.5" chink flagship phone with good camera, good battery and quick charge. I'm willing to wait one to two months for new releases. Budget is USD $800. Must be Android.
>>
>>59193599
Not really, it's just that zui has the best camera performance.
It's the same for any phone 2bh, that's why I always prefer modified stock roms over cm or whatever else.

There's plenty custom roms out there for it, Just check zukforums.
>>
>>59193679
just get the honor 8
>>
Is the Galaxy S5 still worthy, my niggas? Looking for the 16 or 32 gb model,
>>
>>59191502
... Htc 10. It's the best phone for getting shit done. But if you absolutely don't want htc then One plus 3 or One Plus 3T.
>>
>tfw all the new flagships are heading toward being all identical
>tfw 2018 flagships will all have 5.8in bezel less curved OLED screens, fingerprint sensor on the back and dual lens cameras
>>
>>59194640
>tfw still waiting for htc to go back to the glorious one m series

Right now only blackberry is doing something differently and is the only interesting OEM.
>>
What's the best phone for typing with fat fingers? I mistype on my galaxy s3 all the time.
>>
>>59194099
Yes it is, just don't expect it to run the latest games at full speed, it definitely can handle asphalt and modern combat but they lag at times since 801 is ancient by now, surpassed by the 650 and other midrange SoCs even, if you don't care about games then there's no difference between this and say, the S7 edge.

Root, unlock bootloader and put some custom rom on it, the phone doesn't lack any features that modern smartphones have yet it offers things that others don't, mainly sd slot, removable battery and water resistance, the 2GB ram definitely hurts it but it's no big deal with all the optimized kernels and roms the phone has.

Go with whichever one is cheaper, it has an sd slot so internal storage is irrelevant, don't pay more than 220 dollars for it.
>>
File: russiandoggo.jpg (68KB, 900x900px)
russiandoggo.jpg
68KB, 900x900px
Thoughts on the LG V20?

Haven't held it in my hands but I heard its pretty big. I like what it has to offer and after browsing through Verizon Phones I'm stuck between the V20 and the Pixel.

Also, If I have the chance to buy the phone unlocked and then put it on the carrier, is that the way to go?
>>
>>59194705
HTC just needs to drop the recent bluetooth audio meme and release an HTC11 with 6 gb of ram, snapdragon835, sd slot and a improved dac on the 3.5mm jack, i wouldn't mind suffering with a shitty unremovable 3000 mah battery powering a borderless 4k screen as long as they improve the dac to lg's level.
>>
>>59195218
>stuck between bootloop shit and overpriced faulty botnet shit

It isn't called Loops Good for nothing, consider another flagship like the non-edge S7 or OP3T, hell even the fucking iphone 7 plus would be a better phone.
>>
>>59195267
Ive had an S6 for a year. Just looking for a change.
S7 wouldn't be a "it just werks" choice.

>botnet
Unless you plan on living in a cave for your lifetime, you cannot escape the botnet.
>>
>>59195355
Stick to your s6 for another half year, the SD835 is coming out soon and it's gon b gud
>>
>>59192242
Just install Open Camera
>>
Is this the right place to talk about smartwatches/fitness trackers?
Are they just a gimmick?

I got a jawbone for free and used it for a while before it broke. I liked the "you have been sitting down for too long you fatass, stretch your legs" function it had.
I need to grab something that can give me the time on my wrist and something that can also show texts seems like it would be handy.

Any of you use smartwatches/fitness bands?
>>
See I was between picking the DTEK60 and the Honor 8 for my new phone. But I'm leaning towards the honor 8 because I like the fact I can root it and I actually like the MUI interface. Any opinions on the two?
>>
Buyan Honor 6x because battery life and it's getting nougat soon. Are there any better phones than 6x that's gonna get released soon?
>>
File: 1368891800966.jpg (41KB, 250x900px) Image search: [Google]
1368891800966.jpg
41KB, 250x900px
>>59170605
Current phone is an s3, with att

I'm just a poor bastard who wants his phone to last him like my s3. Best processor, battery, and build quality I can get the better. No apple and a 1080p screen would be nice. Removable battery would also be nice. Need advice since my s3 is finally becoming unwieldy.

As a reference point, looking around swappa I can get an s7 (just picked it because it's typical) used in good condition for $350, and even that is a bit pricey for me.
>>
>>59195845
Wait for Nokia 6.
>>
File: 1324007198214.png (6KB, 284x284px)
1324007198214.png
6KB, 284x284px
>>59195891
Thanks for the advice. Quick question though. I am not really familar with what is common with smartphones on the market (I'm looking up what I can right now), but the nokia 6 has a snapdragon 430 that runs at 1.4GHz, which is what my s3 runs at. I know you can't just take two numbers and compare them like this but this seems odd with the s3 being so old.
>>
>>59196004
Your S3 has a 4 core CPU based on an obsolete architecture and a very old GPU, the Adreno 305.

The Nokia 6 has 8 core CPU based on a much more modern architecture and a much more modern GPU, the Adreno 505.

For more direct comparison, the S3 has an Antutu score of 18000, which is basically a way to count all the processing power of the phone.
The Nokia 6 has a score of 45000.
On top of that, the Galaxy S3 has 1.5GB of RAM, while the Nokia 6 has 4GB.
So it will completely shit on your S3.

There's also the advantage that Nokia promised very fast Android updates.
>>
>>59196004
What matters is the architecture of the CPU.
On PCs you have the same.
The FX-9590 is an 8 core CPU running at 5GHz, and this one loses in some games to the i3 6100, a 2 core CPU running at 3.7 GHz.
>>
File: sanic.jpg (55KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
sanic.jpg
55KB, 400x500px
>>59196113
>>59196122

ok thanks. would you say that the nokia 6 beats the s7 then, since the s7 has comparable architecture and possibly similar price (referencing the swappa price)

http://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=6885&idPhone2=7821
>>
>>59196229
Oh no, the Nokia 6 is a mid-range phone, it's going to cost around $250.
The S7 is a high-end device, it's Antutu score is of about 130000.
If you can afford the S7, by all means, go get it.
>>
Thoughts on Oppo? Someone was trying to tell me that they are decent.
>>
File: 1455163294631.jpg (59KB, 538x261px) Image search: [Google]
1455163294631.jpg
59KB, 538x261px
>>59196242
Okay, so for about $350 is the s7 the best for what im looking for?
>>
>>59196310
By far, go buy it.
Oh, and if you can get the S7 Edge for the same price, go for it, but if it's the regular S7, don't worry.
The S7 Edge is the same phone but with the two curves on the side of the screen which are just pointless gimmicks, their only use is looking pretty.
The Edge has a tiny bit more battery, but it doesn't make any significant difference.
Plus, cases on the S7 Edge look terrible due to the curves.
>>
>>59196310
>>59196337
And as I said, go get a good case if you want it to last.
Just search ''S7 Armor'' on amazon, Spigen makes some really good ones.
Just make sure it's for the regular S7, and not the S7 Edge.
>>
>>59196337
>>59196346
And considering that information for the s8 is coming out, should prices for the s7 continue to fall or should this be about its lowest besides the day the s8 is out?
>>
>>59196408
Not much, really.
The S6 ended production at about $350 too.
And the S8 will cost about $800, so I don't think you are interested in it.
Seriously, go get it now, no reason to wait for anything.
>>
>>59196310
>>59196420
>tfw the s7 is literally double that price where I live ($700 here)
>>
>>59196489
He's buying a used one though.
>>
File: 1451471507574.jpg (55KB, 589x545px)
1451471507574.jpg
55KB, 589x545px
>>59196420
Okay I will, and thanks again for all your help. I'll keep looking around for a bit but ill probably go with your suggestion.
>>
>>59196498
If you see a better deal on other 2016 flagships, consider it too regarding the price, but the S7 is the best of them.
The only one you have to avoid no matter what is the LG G5, that one had build quality issues that made the phone basically fall apart after some months of use.
>>
Do modern smartphones have sound chips good enough to play muh FLACs with full fidelity?
>>
Fug

>OPO dies
>Order OP3T
>receive it today
>go to put my current sim in it
>nope, we use nano sims now

Fucking rookie error, should have foreseen this.

Any Auscunts know how to get a replacement SIM from Boost? Their website is fucked and doesn't explain anything.
>>
What's the best method for replacing a cracked glass of a Galaxy S4? I only have a hairdryer, is that a problem?
>>
>>59196623
http://trendblog.net/diy-cutting-a-micro-sim-into-a-nano-sim-card-for-your-new-phone/

Don't cut your dick off aussie. We know how you are with your didgeredoos.
>>
>>
>>59197070
>Some SIM card’s gold contact will be larger than others. This means that some of you will actually need to cut a part of the gold contact to make the SIM card fit into the new slot. Don’t worry though. Just follow the guides from the template and your SIM card will be just fine. If your SIM card happens to have a larger than usual gold contact and you’re afraid of cutting it – just do it. Your card will work just like it’s supposed to.

How true is this?

I really don't want to fuck around more than I have to. I can handle not being able to use OP3T, I don't think I can handle breaking my sim card and waiting until the new sim card comes in.
>>
>>59197142
It is true, those gold parts are most of them empty.
The ''meat'' is in the center of it.
If you are still afraid, just a SIM cutter, they are like $10.
This one, for example.
https://www.amazon.com/Aerb-Nano-Micro-Nano-Standard-Micro-Standard-Cellphones/dp/B009P16FKY/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1488456969&sr=8-1&keywords=sim+cut
>>
File: file.png (1MB, 900x796px)
file.png
1MB, 900x796px
>>59197142
Should be alright if you're using a cutting tool
>>
do you guys think the huawei p10 plus would work in the u.s if i bought it from canada or will i have band issues
>>
What's the tablet equivalent of OnePlus One? Decent specs, good price, active developer community?
>>
>>59197168
>>59197171
Cheers lads. I just ended up getting the scissors and doing a rough cut until it fit into the holder thing.

Put her in and she's all good.
>>
Saw a Zuk Z2 in the wild today at UTS, Australia. He was a curry so don't know whether he got it from India or if he was a 4chan or reddit visitor.
>>
>>59197617
Good to hear you didnt mess up
>>
>>59196337
600 extra mAh isn't a tiny bit, 2k screen with 3000 mAh barely gives you 4 and half hours SoT which is what the S7 has, the S7E averages 6, not to mention the S7 is only available in the snapdragon version for the burger market, everywhere else it's the superior exynos which has more third party support once samsung drops it half a year after the S8 releases, anon did say he wanted his phone to last 3 years and custom roms ensure it'd last at least 5 with proper care.
>>
>>59196591
some of them do, name htc10, lg v10 and lg v20, the xperia xz also has a pretty decent dac but its nowhere near the other brands quality
>>
>>59197622
I dont think chinkphones are only imported by us
>>
How can I replicate my S7 screen via HDMI? I know mhl is gone. I want to use teamviewer on my phone to go to a pico projector so I can skip carrying a laptop.
>>
>>59198010
USB to HDMI?
>>
>>59191531
>>59191516
I thought that you couldn't root the S7 anymore. Maybe I'm thinking of unlocking the bootloader instead?
>>
Where is all the theme customisation and stuff in the OP3T?

Like, with the OP1 there was a theme thing that you could go through all the wallpapers, lockscreen wallpapers, fonts, icons, etc. I can't even find Lockscreen settings...
>>
>>59198047
Not suported it seems. Looks like it will be some wireless otion.
>>
>using galaxy J3
>okay phone, works for my needs
>don't leave home much, always on wifi
>rarely use data
>over the past few days notice my wifi won't stay connected, but laptop and everyone else's phones are fine
>turn off wifi, turn back on
>works fine
Is it a plot by the phone companies to disconnect your wifi randomly so that they can charge for more data?
>>
>>59179634
my sony only fell apart after about 18 months, but i dropped it a lot.
fucking sucks sony has p much pulled out of the us for this
>>
hey my lg g5's batter part won't pop out, what do?
>>
I got my father a Zenfone Max. Did I do good?
>>
>>59199612
nvm i fixed it. now i have to fix that the phone won't charge or turn on :^)
>>
File: 1488101871796.webm (2MB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488101871796.webm
2MB, 640x360px
>have old-ass Note 4
>use it for normal text messages, calling once or twice a day at most if at all, music for up to one hour a day, and otherwise only browse the internet on it during my plentiful hours at work where we do literally nothing
>it's started to feel slow, factory restoring hasn't helped, and it frequently restarts because the "SIM card has disconnected" for no reason
>can't decide if i wanna go for a new smartphone, or a dirt cheap dumbphone

So
>old and dying Note 4
vs
>OnePlus 3T
vs
>OnePlus 4
vs
>a fucking rereleased Nokia 3310 or similar dumbshit phone
>>
>>59172930
>>59173881
Moto G5.
>>
>>59195200

Thanks for the advice kind anon!
>>
Is there an app to downscale a phone's screen quality?

QHD is lovely looking but I very rarely use things which actually make use of it. You don't need QHD for texting or reading ebooks.
>>
>>59178234
Moto Z Play, if it's in your budget. Then slap on one of those battery mods.
>>
File: 1326749800708.jpg (17KB, 298x318px) Image search: [Google]
1326749800708.jpg
17KB, 298x318px
To the people who own a "flagship" phone:

What do you guys even do with your phones that warrants such strong hardware or a huge screen?

I need a new phone and considered buying a Oneplus 3t, but then I only use my phone for making calls, browsing the web and texting. Such a good phone would pretty much be a waste for that, right?

Currently thinking about getting the Huawei P9 Lite
>>
>>59202512
I only use my phone for making calls, browsing the web, listening to music, watching YouTube videos and texting, but I'm annoyed by the slightest bit of lag whenever I'm doing these things, that's why I'm a happy Oneplus 3 owner.
>>
Need a new phone.

Got about give me your best phones from price range 150€-900€
>>
>>59202512
I'm still using my Z3 and it's been 3 years, I never have the urge to upgrade.
>>
>>59183596
iOS is fine

The apps are all 200% better than android's
>>
>>59186447
Yes it's the best small phone on the market

Only phone with better specs is the iphone 7. Nothing android has can compete. Battery life is amazing.
>>
>>59203411
Zuk z2, honor 8, 1+3t, pixel.
>>
>>59178344
It's good buy only if you need a rugged device. also it has no bands for U.S.

>>59178700
P9 is slightly better.

>>59182160
>>59182244
Zuk Z2 or Mi5.
>>
I know this is not the place to ask but i don't know where else.
Certain play store apps give a 504 error. All fixes online do not work. Play store in browser says app is installed.
It'll download the app but fail while installing. I'm at my wits end. This only happens to apps i've download before and deleted and am now downloading again weeks or months later.
>>
>>59201689
LCD density? You can't unless you root by the way.
>>
>>59205371
maybe your internal storage is full, if not clear cache with sd maid and try again
>>
Should I get the OnePlus 3T or Moto G5 Plus?
>>
>>59208004
OnePlus 3T hands down
>>
>>59208004

Wait for the Nokia 6 like me
Thread posts: 312
Thread images: 30

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.