[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much of an /absolute madman/ are you? >overclocked my

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

How much of an /absolute madman/ are you?

>overclocked my FX 6300 to 4.4ghz with a cheap ass micro-ATX motherboard
>>
>>59167513
I use Windows 10 with all of the telemetry options on
>>
>>59167513
I can't get my 6300 above 4.2 on a cheap matx mobo without it crashing
>>
I got a yuge 4tb hard drive and torrenting the lifes work of Beethoven, Mozart, Bach, Tchaikovsky in lossless quality
>>
>>59167513
I bought a HP z800 with two x5650 CPUs for $400 off of a guy on ebay with an approval rating of 87%. Several people commented he did an extremely poor job packing his shipments.

When I got the computer it was indeed placed inside a tiny cardboard box with a token wrapping of useless small green bubble wrap.

When I opened the computer the CPU shroud was loose in the case. I clipped it back into place, inspected the rest of the computer for issues, found none, and then plugged it in and powered it on. Fired right up and had no issues since.

Sometimes you got to roll the dice, and sometimes you win.
>>
>>59167513
I am an OC noob
My PC just shuts off if I do that
>>
File: smug23.jpg (116KB, 493x363px) Image search: [Google]
smug23.jpg
116KB, 493x363px
>>59167513
I use Fortran
>>
>>59167564
>>59167617
I hardly know what I'm doing when overclocking

I just took someone's settings on the internet for 4.3ghz and tweaked them for 4.4ghz
>>
>>59167584
How can you get their work in lossless when they didn't even have CDs back then
>>
>>59170615
simple, modern orchestra records it
>>
I purchased an i7700k a few hours ago.
>>
>>59167513
I buy and rip music CDs regularly.

Spotify a shit, it doesn't have anything.
>>
Thomas stop
>>
I use a stock cooler.
>>
>>59170677
ehh whatever, at least I'm not wasting my money on your mistake
>>
I deep-cleaned and replaced the thermal paste on my Fury in the middle of a bad bronchitis bout because I was bored and tired of it running hotter than it should be, despite the fact that one fuck-up of pressing too hard on HBM GPU's can crack the very exposed interposers and ruin the entire card

I expect a lot of HBM horror stories in the future once it starts to replace GDDR
>>
>weebshit
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.