[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/sqt/ - Stupid Questions Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 372
Thread images: 49

File: Stupid.jpg (115KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Stupid.jpg
115KB, 1920x1080px
Last thread:
>>59141464

I have no idea what I'm doing edition

I'll start:

I'm in the neofetch config file, but I'm not sure what I'd need to change to have the image I specify in the path actually show up when I call neofetch
# Thumbnail directory
#
//I'm guessing I should probably change something in here:
Default: '/Users/foobar/Desktop/test.png'
Values: 'dir'
thumbnail_dir="${XDG_CACHE_HOME:-${HOME}/.cache}/thumbnails/neofetch"

# Crop mode
#
# Default: 'normal'
# Values: 'normal', 'fit', 'fill'
# Flag: --crop_mode
#
# See this wiki page to learn about the fit and fill options.
# https://github.com/dylanaraps/neofetch/wiki/What-is-Waifu-Crop%3F
crop_mode="normal"

>>
I can only make new threads on chrome
>>
>>59157468
Why was the realization that she's stupid the thing that put her over the edge? Why do stupid people have such a hard time accepting it?
>>
I found some old Windows Mobile PocketPCs. Any radicool hacking tools I can put on it, or am I 15 years too late?
>>
>>59157590
Probably something relating to the Dunning-Kruger effect. She realized she's stupid so her whole world view shattered.
>>
Stupid question
I got a 980ti and a 780.
Is there anything I can do with the 780 in my computer other than use it as a physx card?
>>
Where can I get a cheap copy of Windows that's not a diceroll as to whether it's legit or not?

Alternatively where can I get a copy of Windows on the cheap that IS a diceroll for legit-ness?
>>
best free PDF editor?
>>
>>59157822
If you have any friends who are in school. You can ask if they can hook you up with a student copy.
I think depending on the school. You might get a gimped school version or you might get a full version.
>>
>>59155202
Something to do with blood sugar levels, happens to me too when I have sugar in my breakfast, either keep fasting until you starve and absolutely need to eat or avoid all carbs.
>>
what is the difference between having optional parameters for a class in python and having multiple constructors in another language?
>>
>>59157822
https://www.howtogeek.com/186775/how-to-download-windows-7-8-and-8.1-installation-media-legally/
>>
I put a new HDD in my desktop today but windows is not letting me access it.

I find it in the BIOS and if I run disk management it appears there, albeit in 3 partitions.

My questions are:
1) How do I un-partition it.I formatted them all earlier but they never re-combined.
2) How do I make windows let me access/store stuff on it.
>>
Is it a good idea to use a password manager to encrypt my external hard drives if the external hard drive is going to contain a backup of my password database?
>>
>>59158171
What error message are you getting? What OS was it from? What OS is it going into? What format is the hard drive? Encrypted?
>>
>>59158183
I figured it partly out. They were just all unallocated in disk manager.
But how do I combine the partitions? Deleting them just makes them go back to unallocated.
>>
What websites can I download individual FLACs from... for free...
>>
File: 1483923852253.jpg (454KB, 1201x900px) Image search: [Google]
1483923852253.jpg
454KB, 1201x900px
>>59158017
Optional parameters are easier to maintain, result in smaller binaries.

Imagine if you had a class with 3 parameters that you wanted to be able to mix and match. With multiple constructors, you would need 6 overloads, compared to one with optional params
>>
Is it possible to be a really shitty programmer and still work in Academia and research? I fell for the degree meme after dropping math because I couldn't stomache Analysis
>>
>>59158276
delete them and make a partition...
>>
>>59157822
I got my Win10Pro from Craigslist. It was $60.
>Yes, it's an OEM copy
>Not gimped, it's complete.
>>
Stupid question: if we can put 2+ video cards in CFX/SLI or HDD/SDD in RAID 0 why can't we do the same with CPUs for our personal computer?
>>
>>59158411
Yes, look at most of the server motherboards
https://www.newegg.com/Server-Motherboards/SubCategory/ID-302
>>
>>59158438
But does it really show any performance improvements in gaming for example? If I have two identical quad-core CPUs would the IPC also double?
>>
How do I install data analysis for Excel Online? Is that even possible?

All the videos and stuff I see have you click file then options, but Excel Online doesn't have an options button in the file menu.
>>
>>59158547
>If I have two identical quad-core CPUs would the IPC also double?
you should look up what IPC means
>>
I inherited a rack mounted server in a colocation facility nearby after my boss passed away recently. I've been using it for testing and learning but he only had 4x 250GB hard drives in it configured with raid 10 so I'm quickly running out of space. Is there an easy way to replace all of the drives with 1TB drives without having to reinstall everything? Someone told me that if I just start pulling drives one by one and replacing them with larger ones that the RAID controller would automatically rebuild the array and when all 4 drives were replace it would allow me to expand the guest OS up to the new space. Is this true? It's running VMware esxi with 2 virtual machines.
>>
Does sharing a link to a particular dropbox folder shield the rest of your stuff in your dropbox account?

Is there anyway for people to brute force their way into other parts of your dropbox directory if you give them a link to a folder?
>>
Can anyone recommend a good cheap socket 1366 motherboard that can take DDR3 ECC ram? I have a 1366 xeon processor and a shit ton of DDR3 ECC lying around and I'd like to use it to put together a home server for experimenting and testing.
>>
My brand new thumb drive claims that it was created on December 31st, 1969.
All files are accessible, and I can read/write to it.
Should I reformat it, or is this not corruption?
>>
>>59158989
>reformat
>date is still retarded
>everything else is fine
Well ok then.
>>
>>59158989
just a zero timestamp, which is typically 1/1/1970, but yours is probably adjusted for a negative timezone, making it a day earlier
it's likely not corruption, but could be
>>
>>59159077
Interesting, thanks anon. Seems to be fine.
>>
File: specs.png (21KB, 568x438px) Image search: [Google]
specs.png
21KB, 568x438px
So today I turned on my PC for a quick game of Overwatch, and everything seemed to be running abit slow. Didn't think too much of it, until Overwatch wouldn't open and then when it finally did several minutes later, black screen and I can't close it. Tried to open Speccy, won't show me any hardware specs. No games will open, can't run Heaven Benchmark, and most programs become unresponsive. What the fuck is goin on?? Everything was running fine yesterday but today it's running like a 10 year old laptop
>>
>>59159185
Is task manager openable, just to see if something is suddenly kicking CPU usage to 100%?
>>
>>59159212
I had a virus scanner running which bumped it to 100 briefly, and shot my CPU up to 52c but closing it's dropped to 7% or so
>>
>>59158300
like um.... google....
>>
1. Will my Asus Z170 Pro Gaming/Aura mobo boot from an NVMe M.2-PCIe 3.0 SSD?

2. Is it really that likely that I'll have to clock my 3000MHz DDR4 down to auto/2133MHz for it to play nice with NVMe, as I've read is sometimes the case?

3. If booting from an NVMe drive isn't possible, are AHCI M.2-PCIe or AHCI M.2-SATA cards worth the expense, or should I

4. Oh, and Windows 10 does have decent native NVMe drivers now, right?

5. Lastly, is migrating my Win10 install from HDD to SDD just a simple matter of creating a partition table on the SDD and cloning the partition over from the HDD?

Sorry for the fuckload of questions.
>>
>>59159456
*3. If booting from an NVMe drive isn't possible, are AHCI M.2-PCIe or AHCI M.2-SATA cards worth the expense, or should I just get a 1.8"/2.5" AHCI SATA SSD?
>>
There's a streaming service called Filmstruck that I subscribe to. There's a particularly rare movie they have in a quality that I can't find on KG or PTP. No physical copies either, so that's out of the question.

My question is, how do I download encrypted video streams?
>>
>>59159456
>>59159517
I should add that NVMe is not referenced anywhere in the manual.
>>
How do you hide your powerlevel at Uni /g/?

I had my second day of Comp Sci today and we had a lecture about the binary system, prof was talking about Kilobytes, saying they're really confusing and how they're 1024 bytes but people use it as 1000 bytes... I put my hand up and asked where ibibytes fits into this, he asked what they were and I explained that my understanding was that Kilobytes==1000bytes and Kibi==1024 and he shot me a filthy look.
I tried to explain to him after the lecture and he just said "Thanks" in a standoffish manor and left

I know should've shut up and I will in the future, I was thinking of completely hiding my power level, wiping Gentoo from my Thinkpad and installing Win 7 but I don't want to undersell myself.

How do you handle yourself at Uni?
>>
>>59159687
>I put my hand up and asked where kibibytes fits into this
>I then proceeded to explain where kibibytes fit into this
Don't waste people's time asking questions you know the answer to. A part of college is learning how to interact with people.
>>
>>59159687
Don't be a pedantic autist.
>>
I haven't built a computer in 10 years, I finally want to treat myself

Wanting to spend ~2k

Anything coming up that's worth waiting for, or can I just go for it? Ryzen is the only thing I know about. Wait for it?
>>
>>59159732
>>59159744
True... Thanks senpai
>>
How hard is it to do your taxes on your own? Stuff like taxpro charge 60, a tax person charges like 200+, and some places do it for free. I'm not sure who to trust and why there's a difference in price between the three
>>
>>59159810
Not hard at all as long as you can keep track of documentation well. From what I hear from family, Turbotax takes ~15 minutes once you load everything in, and it will tell you when you fucked up. Going through someone like a financial consultant or H&R Block will mean you have to fill out a large stack of physical paper to check off what you DON'T have - every time you file. At least, that's what our guy initially had us do, and it's annoying as fuck + expensive. If you use software, generally all you need to do is put in what you DO have, and update it as you go.
>>
>>59159810
Just use TurboTax

If you have a brokerage account, it costs $50 extra, but is otherwise free

If you have anything more complicated, like weird capital gains or like realestate or something, you should get a tax guy if that's too complicated for you
>>
File: Capture.png (63KB, 701x695px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
63KB, 701x695px
Should I be concerned? This is a 4 year old laptop and I've never done any cleanup or other maintenance work to it. Just noticed that the fan started spinning loudly while it was idling and decided to download speccy just to see what it was doing. Opened up the lid and looked inside, didnt see any dust but the cooler on top of the processor felt quite warm.

I'm thinking about changing the thermal paste next weekend. Should I do it today instead? Can these temperatures actually damage my computer? Or could this simply be a damaged sensor reporting false data?
>>
I had a problem with the desktop I built, I troubleshot the problems and ended up RMA-ing the PSU and motherboard. The PSU RMA was accepted and the motherboard is pending. Before I sent the motherboard in I tested the machine with a different PSU and produced the same symptoms. However I am concerned what will happen if:
- the motherboard wasn't the problem and what to try next
- the motherboard WAS the problem but other things are wrong too, and if warranty will cover that damage as well
>>59159687
If you feel the urge to ask a question, ask yourself "will this contribute to the lecture, or am I just asking questions to ask questions?" I will say that this translates to the working world as well as you will have times during work meetings where you want to make a comment in a similar vein but really shouldn't. If you do it enough you'll be considered annoying. In Uni its not a huge problem but in the workplace it can be pretty damning if your boss doesn't like you especially over petty shit like that.
>>
What's the best way to go about this?

>Define an algorithm random(int x, int y) such that when run, it will find one pseudorandom integer from 0 to y, based on the value of x chosen. The number generated should always be the same for a given value of x, and the algorithm should generate a unique integer for each value where 0 <= x <= y.
>>
What's the difference between all the fancy college courses and degrees? I thought computers were pretty much only separated into two categories - software and hardware. When I looked at all the available degrees and majors and shit none of it made sense.
>>
Just changed my thermal paste for the first time ever (4 years). Temps are down from 80c - 90c to 60c - 70c. normal?
>>
File: MobaXterm.png (13KB, 768x443px) Image search: [Google]
MobaXterm.png
13KB, 768x443px
How do I install PIL or Pillow in Python 3 on Windows with MobaXTerm?

I already tried the
python3 -m pip install Pillow
workaround as well as just
python3 -m pip install PIL
and I get an error message saying
/bin/python3: No module named pip.  

Am I just entering the commands wrong or is there something more I have to do to install these libraries on Windows with MobaXTerm?
>>
>>59160194
Yep. You could get the temps even lower by getting a beefier cooler or making your fans spin faster, but that's pretty much pointless since those are normal operating temperatures.
>>
>>59160112
random(int x, int y){
return x%y;
}
>>
Is there any point using Opus at bitrates of 128kbps and above? I've heard several people say that Opus only pulls ahead of Vorbis and AAC when at bitrates below 128k, otherwise it's basically equal to them.
>>
taking the sim card out a broken iphone is effectively the same as a reformat right? like i can just take that out and drop it off in the recycle bin and not worry about stolen data or anything. its pretty much wipe clean otherwise
>>
>>59160492
tut tut tyrone
>>
>>59160498
>niggers recycling
pls ive been putting this off forever and now its broken to the point that the screen doesnt work
>>
>>59160510
To answer your dumb question, no. But nobody is going to read your data unless they have an electron microscope and a lot of time on their hands. Although actually I believe the latest iPhones automatically encrypt everything so even with an electron microscope, nobody is going to be reading your data.
>>
Can you get traced through a phone's mobile data
>>
>>59160518
huh okay. thanks
>>
Welp. My anti virus has expired now. What's a good free, or not so free, anti virus to use?

I was using Bullguard for years when parents got is as a family thing and now the sub is over.
>>
File: Untitled.png (40KB, 878x584px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
40KB, 878x584px
I've tried four sticks, and none of them work. My new build won't have an optical drive, so an ISO is out of the question.

What the fuck Microsoft?
>>
>>59160476
But that's not really random...
>>
How come when I get a cup of coffee at a coffee shop it tastes different from what I make at home? (Even if I use the same beans they do.)
>>
>>59160622
Download iso and use rufus to convert that iso into a bootable usb drive.

>>59160839
There might be some differences in water temperature and hardness which affect the taste. Also could be that their coffee maker is not as clean as yours (or vice versa) or their coffee has been standing still in the pot for too long.
>>
File: fgt.png (106KB, 266x258px) Image search: [Google]
fgt.png
106KB, 266x258px
>>59160901
>Download iso and use rufus to convert that iso into a bootable usb drive.

wait does that actually work?

the fuck
>>
>>59159990
>Should I be concerned?
>cpu is almost boiling

i dunno anon what do you think

>I'm thinking about changing the thermal paste next weekend. Should I do it today instead?
You should've cleaned it at least annually. But, doing it now is the second-best time.

OEM TIM is usually only good for 3-5 years, so you should replace that as well.

>Can these temperatures actually damage my computer?
Yes

>Or could this simply be a damaged sensor reporting false data?
Is the underside really fucking hot? Sure sounds like it.
>>
>>59161056
as long as you bios support the option to boot from usb then you can
>>
Is it better to have the psu at the top or bottom of the case, or does it matter?
>>
>>59161202
does not matter
>>
>>59159810
If you make under ~45k, go to the IRS website and you'll see a bunch of free offers for W2/1099 processing.

If you're not playing in the stock market, you didn't win a bunch of shit through gambling, or you didn't inherit anything during the 2016 tax season, it is extremely simple to do it yourself.

And, protip: People at H&R block/etc. are temps who are hired for the season. They don't know more than you do, other than a brief introductory lesson they get. People with real money have real accountants deal with their taxes.
>>
Is haveibeenpwned accurate or a meme? It told me I've been "pwned" in two Vidya related websites I've never heard of
>>
>>59161236
>>And, protip: People at H&R block/etc. are temps who are hired for the season. They don't know more than you do,

Isn't the benefit of using a firm like this that if there's a problem, they can come back and help you deal with it? Like if you get audited or something.
>>
>>59161289
https://www.hrblock.com/taxes/doing_my_taxes/products/popup/pom_terms.html

>If you're audited, we can send an employee to help you, but we won't send an attorney.

>If we fuck things up, we will give you up to $5500

I would say no. I don't value that very highly.
>>
i download my music from youtube, the problem is that the volume of all tracks isn't at the same level

any way to fix? will it fuck up the ""quality""?
>>
>>59161373
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ReplayGain
>>
>tfw a macfag is selling a Macbook Pro Early 2008 17" with a WUXGA screen
>tfw is a auction and the last price was set in 96 usd
>it needs a new keyboard because it suffered a spill of nectar
>also needs a new battery
>the machine works aside of the keyboard, but the seller says that the trackpad it's jerky, moves by itself, requiring cleaning too
I'm not sure if I should make a bid in this machine. Even old macbooks like this are sold in big prices in Chile (I saw a similar model with less screen resolution selling for 385 usd dollars) and I'm thinking in cleaning a la 8-bit guy, put a new keyboard on it and make some nice profit on macfag's gullibility. But I also suspect that probably the motherboard is failing, or at least the trackpad micro controller is fucked.
Should I try to outbid the guy who wants this machine and try to play happy merchant with it?
>>
>>59159456
To anyone who cares: through a lot of googling I've worked out that yes the Asus Z170 Pro Gaming Aura does support NVMe1.1 over M-key M.2Gen3-PCIe3.0x4

http://hexus.net/tech/reviews/mainboard/96166-asus-z170-pro-gamingaura/?page=5
http://www.userbenchmark.com/System/Asus-Z170-PRO-GAMING-AURA/40284
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/support/solid-state-drives/consumer-ssds/000022677.html
>>
It feels to me that we hit a plateau when it comes to CPU single-thread performance since about sandy vagina.
Is it true or am I crazy?
>>
Can I use DDR3 Ram on DDR4 motherboard? Is it possible? I just want to use my old DDR3 RAM instead of buying DDR4
>>
>>59159732
This. Asking a question about it when you know he's made a mistake is a douchey move and nothing good can come out of it. Either he will flat out deny that he's wrong and spread more misinformation, or he'll say that you're right and look like a fool in front of everyone (and you'll look like a smartass, no less).

Have some decency and politely call him out in private later, and hope that he still cares enough to correct himself in future lectures. That's all you can do, don't go full autismo.
>>
>>59161623
AMD doesn't have the money to innovate and their single thread is always shit. Intel doesn't need to do anything beyond "muh 15%"
So yeah you're right. No point upgrading.
>>
>>59161691
>t. inteldrone on suicide watch
>>
What program do you use to listen to music? I know google exists, I just want more opinions.
>>
>>59157468
Why does K9 mail need me to create an acc
>>
>>59161656
No. They work differently. If you bothered to look, you'd also see they are physically keyed differently and will not fit.
>>
>>59161572
pls respond
>>
How does this guy take over my browser with his add-on?

>go to add on manager
>disable updates for this
>read manual on add on website
>no mention of an rss feed or something that would let him do this, or way to disable this
>no preferences or settings whatsoever

>look at link in address URL
>not a website, but somehow sending this to me via the add on

can anyone throw ideas at me? should I just get rid of this?
>>
>>59161929
>can anyone throw ideas at me

Probably:
>There is an external feed URL which is checked on plugin startup
>If it doesn't match, show new "what's new" page

or

>The "internal" window is actually an iframe and references the external internet

I have no plugin dev experience though.

>should I just get rid of this?

If you can't disable networking for an individual plugin, I guess. I don't think it's A Big Deal™ though.
>>
>>59161701
Gonna have to be a bit more specific. Platform? OS?
>>
>>59158307
Thanks for the info. In practice, these do roughly the same thing for a programmer, right? At least in terms of function. I'm a beginner and I'm still struggling to wrap my head around the basics.
>>
>>59161701
There are better music programs than google.
>>
>>59160112
Is this java? Lmao I was just looking at this for my home work. Here's what I did:

Random rand = new Random();

int y = //your chosen number

int randomNumberInterval = rand.nextInt(y);

This will generate a random number between 0 to your chosen y.
>>
>>59161056
Literally someone is told to do it at least twice a day on this thread
>>
Is there a desktop enviroment/window manager that allows me to remove the task bar?
I don't mean just remove. I mean being able to do the same stuff (keeping track of what windows you have open, some kind of notification system +, etc, and the same time, having more free space because the ugly task bar isn't there to waste space
>>
>>59161056
>wait does that actually work?
Yes
>>
>>59162570
enjoy my window closing in 3 seconds
>>
>>59162570
Go finish school after you earn your ban, kid.
>>
>>59162552
You can run XFCE or Budgie with nothing but a dock. Not sure about the notifications, but you can also just auto-hide the task bar in almost every DE.
>>
>>59162570
>you must be 18+ to post on 4chan

Just lie about your age you dumbo
>>
>>59158712
IPC means total IPC not single core/thread dipshit
>>
>>59162570
You should have said 18—you're gonna get banned for being underage.

Being real for a sec: Do you want a job or do you want to spend $50k and get a degree for people who aren't smart enough to get a math degree? I'd say about 90% of CS majors belong in code bootcamps instead of uni. If you are that 10%, get the degree. If mommy and daddy are paying for school or you did well in HS and can go without taking out over $10k in loans, get the degree. If not, learn to code and get a job, and then you can pay for the degree later if you need it for advancement.
>>
I assume switching to a new OS will dump everything from my old OS (looking at Ubuntu), can anyone confirm?
>>
>>59162638
Not really what I'm looking for. With a dock, you still waste space, and by autohiding, you still need to go there with the mouse to launch applications or switching windows.
What I'm looking for is actually some alternative method or something.
>>
>>59162726
Standalone Openbox is probably what you want then. No task bar, and applications are launched from the right-click menu.
>>
>>59162697
Not the person you replied to, but do you know enough about coding bootcamps to make a reccomendation, or are you just giving info?
>>
>>59162777
>Not the person you replied to, but do you know enough about coding bootcamps to make a reccomendation, or are you just giving info?
I can't give you any more info than you could get by reading old Reddit threads on the topic, I'm just giving general info for that youngfag. My experience is that in any given team,
>50% of the developers have an unrelated degree and nothing else
>around 40% have a minor or did some professional development type stuff after either dropping out or graduating with an unrelated degree, some of them went to no-name bootcamps rather than those in NY or similar
>5-10% are self-taught with no relevant education
honestly you don't really need a CS degree unless you're truly gifted and are sure your place of employment requires it for whatever reason
>>
File: 1223.png (232KB, 547x1198px) Image search: [Google]
1223.png
232KB, 547x1198px
>>59162766
I've been banned for joking for larping as underage, so yeah. Janitors do care about age of the posters
>>
>>59162816
forgot to mention
>CS grads aside
it depends on where you work, at my previous job about half of the office had either a CS degree or some kind of community college associates in programming

but the remainder are as I said in this the quoted post
>>
File: thumbs up cat.jpg (6KB, 240x240px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up cat.jpg
6KB, 240x240px
>>59162824
>>
What is C# good for?
>>
>>59162750
It looks like it might be. But how does it handle switching/keeping track of windows? According to google, it comes without a taskbar, but then people do install one.
>>
>>59162882
>But how does it handle switching/keeping track of windows?

It is a window manager. That is its only job.

Modern desktop environments are comprised of a display server (X/Wayland), a WM, and a DE. It looks like you want to omit the DE part of the equation.
>>
>>59162924
No I want to omit the taskbar part of the equation, and you suggested openbox.
>>
>>59162552
openbox does this and i think most window managers do just read the man pages. most of the time it is not called a task bar but a bar
>>
good drawing programs on linux?
>>
>>59163057
>shilling X.org shit
>>
>>59163082
Krita
>>
>>59163122
its kinda buggy
>>
I'm going through a bunch of terrible tumblrs looking for certain content, I want to remove the big retarded searchbar that half of all of these shitholes seem to include, is there something I can do this with? Googling just lead to a million retards talking about how to do it in your own tumblr, not to others.

I can just right click / block element and remove it that way but thats not a permanent solution
>>
Are there any Firefox extensions that disable anti-adblock blockers on websites? Sites are catching onto uBlock.
>>
>>59163148
Get the latest from https://krita.org/en/download/krita-desktop/

If you still have troubles, maybe GIMP. But there's a reason Google paid Winehq to make Photoshop work on Wine, after all
>>
>>59163185
>>59163185
actually nvm it was not a bug but me drwaing with a white brush
>>
"FS Tab" or "F-Stab"?
>>
>>59161056

yes - it just turns your USB into a CD sorta and every modern mobo supports the method because it's just booting from the USB as if it were just doing it from a CD
>>
what programming lang should I learn first?

PHP, SQL,Java ,C# or it doesn't matter?
>>
File: server_tcp_connections.png (286KB, 1312x806px) Image search: [Google]
server_tcp_connections.png
286KB, 1312x806px
I wrote a simple client and server in Java using TCP sockets.

When I run the client and server on the localhost, I am not seeing any activity for the server's port when listening on WireShark. Is this normal? Or am I missing something in WireShark? I'm just learning the software so it's all new to me.
>>
File: IMG_0008.png (189KB, 294x282px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0008.png
189KB, 294x282px
My PC froze when I launched a number of applications, but when I restarted it, it kept running only for a minute or two, and then shutting down. After I turned off and on the power supply, I get the message that the BIOS is corrupted and there needs to be a restore from backup, but it doesn't reach the 100% before freezing. What should I do?
>>
Hey guys, I'm currently running my pc on Win10 Enterprise 64-bit and I've been thinking about going back to Win7. What's the easiest way for me to do this? I have an SSD that I use for my OS and then a regular HDD for files n shit. Is there any reason why I shouldn't go back to 7? I've found that 10 is very picky when it comes to certain games and DAW plugins.
>>
File: IMG_0627.png (343KB, 843x446px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0627.png
343KB, 843x446px
Is computer science a meme degree? Is it worth anything?
>>
>>59163108
what do you suggest on wayland then
>>
>>59163244
deamon or daemon
>>
>>59163336
You didn't attach to the loopback adapter. You need to "install" it via the Install New Hardware Wizard

>hdwwize.exe as Administrator
>Install manual hardware (Advanced)
>Network adapters
>(Microsoft) Microsoft Loopback Adapter
>>
>>59163371
doesn't answer my question bro
>>
>>59157468
What happens when you deactivate your FB Advertisement ID??? I wanna deactivate mine but idk what'll happen if I do
It's not like your earning revenue on goybook anyway
Don't want the ZukkerJew to keep collecting info on me even if I barely use it
>>
File: 467769.png (76KB, 776x638px) Image search: [Google]
467769.png
76KB, 776x638px
Will a 1060 bottleneck my processor, or should I just buy a new CPU cooler and overclock until the next series comes out?

I don't plan on going above 1080p for a long time, but I want to run all games as close to max settings as I can with no framerate drops.
>>
Real dumb, but it is SQT.

My Samsung gS7 just got Android 7.0

Suddenly my Moto 360(2) would t display Facebook messenger messages.

It gets the notifications. But I can't read them anymore.

Anyone know ow a setting to fix it?
>>
Every google search gives me results from 2010.

Can iOS apps be written in java?
>>
So I'm getting an X260 today.
Why wouldn't I be able to remove the WWAN to install an egpu?
>>
Incredibly stupid here but can't find a solution. Can you filter posts by ID here so it ONLY shows someone's posts? Every options I saw only gave an option to hide the ID, not to filter out the rest.
>>
>>59163358
Sway.
Waybox.
Openway.
>>
installing windows 10 and I accidentally clicked Express instead of custom

I know there's a bunch of shit about choosing what you want winX to track

can I play around with these after the install in like control panel or some shit?
>>
A
>>
>>59163856
yeah
>>
>>59163874

oh thank christ

I was a little worried

was overwhelmed by the bios

my old PC is from 2010 and still has that old as fuck bios system that doesn't even have mouse support
>>
File: Bios.jpg (44KB, 663x342px) Image search: [Google]
Bios.jpg
44KB, 663x342px
>>59163918
graphical, mouse-driven firmware isn't exclusive to UEFI
>>
Where are game saves stored on Android (Nougat 7.1.1)?

I want to back-up some game saves before installing LineageOS (because fuck the bloated manufacturer ROM) but I'm not sure which folders to back-up.
>>
File: Zara Due.png (662KB, 1294x803px) Image search: [Google]
Zara Due.png
662KB, 1294x803px
Newbie to FFMPEG here, trying to encode a video(mp4, MPEG-4) to SWF for /f/ posting.

Tried
 ffmpeg -i test.mp4 test.swf 

and while it worked, the resulting video was sped up by 4x while audio remained at normal speed. Searched on google for awhile and someone suggested converting to .flv first before copying the video and audio stream to .swf with
 ffmpeg -i test.flv -acodec copy -vcodec copy test.swf 

but I got the same results, anyone know how to fix this?

Also, anyone know if there's a "compression parameter" in ffmpeg so I can get it to fit under 10MB?
>>
Need to do a pixel scrape + stereo mix recording. What's the best program to use?
>>
>>59163450
Thanks bruh
>>
>>59164190
Just use Titanium Backup, save yourself the troubles.
>>
im looking to chose a phone plan

theres two main options

>Up to 60Mbps data speed

or

>Enjoy our fastest 4G speeds

which is best?
>>
whats a good program that can emulate mac os on a pc, preferably one that can access the app store?
>>
>>59164467
>"""""Up to"""""

Don't fall for that meme. You should choose the latest standard, in this case being 4G.
>>
File: 214 (3).jpg (45KB, 468x468px) Image search: [Google]
214 (3).jpg
45KB, 468x468px
How do i get a stream url off Mixlr so that i can paste and listen via VLC?

It's easy as fuck with tunein but mixlr seems to have made it impossible to get the URL for some reason
>>
File: 1488198327840.png (37KB, 667x688px) Image search: [Google]
1488198327840.png
37KB, 667x688px
>>59157468
picture related, how do I change temporarily to bash without each time removing those lines from .bashrc? just typing bash takes me back to zsh and "bash |" works and then bugs out.
>>
So I just received an old office PC with the following specs for free:

Intel Pentium E5800, 2x 3.20GHz
2GB DDR3 (1x 2GB)

Is it worth it to invest ~100€ in an HDD + graphics card to revive this machine? My main machine is a 2010 Macbook Pro so I don't really have a use for this PC. Maybe make a comfy linux setup? Any ideas?
>>
>>59163178
You can add anti-adblock filters to uBlock Origin in the configuration menu.
>>
>>59164697
You can not do a lot with an LGA775 dual-core and 2G of RAM. I would try to pick up:

>Q8200, $15
>2G RAM ~$20
>75-120G SSD ~$40
>If onboard is fried, extremely cheap video card (GT 610 or alike) ~$30
>>
Been looking into buying a MacBook refurbished. Why do Macs have such low processor speed relative to their PC brethren? My shitty old Dell laptop has a 2.0Ghz but these 2015 MacBooks are at like 1.2. what gives?
>>
So I built my PC about 3 months ago, ran smooth af until today. I get black screen flickering, boot time has tripled, everything is laggy and stops responding (even just file explorer), games open as a background process and never actually open, what could be the problem here? It was literally running fine yesterday
>>
>>59164836
They use very low TDP chips which have lower base clocks, but will Turbo up to 2x (2.4GHz in that particular model)
>>
File: 59.jpg (265KB, 716x2500px) Image search: [Google]
59.jpg
265KB, 716x2500px
So I'm picking up a GTX 1070 tomorrow, and I heard that playing games at 150+ FPS at 1080p with a 144hz monitor wears the video card out more than playing 1440p@60Hz.

Is this true at all?
>>
File: Untitled.png (20KB, 576x392px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
20KB, 576x392px
help
>>
>>59164959
>1920*1080*144
298598400 pixels per second
vs
>2560*144*60
221184000 pixels per second

So, 144hz puts more load under the card. That's not to say it "wears out the video card faster", it just has to work harder.
>>
File: 1480803473607.jpg (71KB, 620x390px) Image search: [Google]
1480803473607.jpg
71KB, 620x390px
>use ddg for recipe's
>yummly is actually cancer

is there a way to turn it off or should I switch to startpage.
>>
Whats the best free video editing program for windows 10? I just need basic shit like cropping videos and editing time.
>>
I saw a laptop today that I kinda liked but not sure what it was.

Dell, i7 sticker and the front camera was actually center bottom instead of usual top.

Anyone know what this is?
>>
File: 1484205636367.jpg (587KB, 700x968px) Image search: [Google]
1484205636367.jpg
587KB, 700x968px
I need to convert a few simple HTML pages to PDF, is there any free software I can use to do this?
>>
>>59165125
Bullzip pdf
>>
>>59165005

ahh yeah I've been hearing about coil whine and shit

I think I'll stick to 1440p

I hear good things about this monitor

any opinions?

http://pcpartpicker.com/product/T8dFf7/dell-monitor-u2515h
>>
>>59164861
>check TCP/IP settings
>enable cookies
>delete system32
>>
will buying a better modem actually improve my ping?

I know this sounds extremely stupid, but I've always stuck with the base modems ISPs have provided me.
>>
>>59165186
Little on the small side for me. I'd prefer a 27" for 1440p.

Looks fine for what it is though
>>
>>59165285
Unless you believe your modem is faulty or it's not maintaining a good connection to your ISP (you can check via the modem diagnostic page if it provides one), no. Congestion is handled by your router.
>>
>>59164460
Thanks bro, this works. I had never heard of Titanium Backup, seems pretty solid.
>>
>>59165296

I'm going with it because it's cheap and my setup at the moment has me sitting close to the table so I think 27" would blind me
>>
>looking to buy a new GPU
>GTX 50/60/70/80
>There all the same
>expect for small differences in clock speed

which one should i get?
>>
File: Meth Man.png (215KB, 501x516px) Image search: [Google]
Meth Man.png
215KB, 501x516px
is there another tumblr batch downloader i can use?

this is this one i'm using:
https://sourceforge.net/projects/tumblrimagedown/

trying to batch-collect a shit ton of images from a japanese artist's uncensored tumblr but the https is blocking it
>>
>>59165510
Well Anon, there's a pretty big difference between a GTX 970 and a GTX 1070, so why don't you let us know what generation you're looking at?
>>
Just got a nvdia GPU.All is well but it wont do latest updates. says failed. Is this common when new or what?
>>
How do I convert twitter "gifs" to actual gifs
>>
I've learning networking stuff for the past month and i get most of what im learning and also looking into different sources of information

But i cant get this feeling out of my chest that no matter how much i feel i understand things i gonna be choking the day i get a job and i have to face a real life issue

Is this normal or im just autistic? and how you overcome this?
>>
>>59165510
>>There all the same
>>expect for small differences in clock speed
That's really not how it works
http://gpuboss.com/gpus/GeForce-GTX-1080-vs-GeForce-GTX-1050
There are a lot more difference than just clock speed

You should get the one that does what you need at the price you're willing to pay
>>
>>59165681
http://lmgtfy.com/?q=twitter+gif+download
>>
Anyone know of a trustworthy Android app to block no-id calls
>>
How reliable can a WD Blue 1 TB be. I need to replace my dying Toshiba but I don't have a big budget
>>
>>59165781
Sounds like standard nerves desu

You'll get more confident as you get more real-world experience. Nothing substitutes for it, which is why employers treat experience as king.

Make no mistake though: You will fuck up. You will probably do it a lot. But if you learn, and you don't break literally everything, you'll be fine.
>>
>>59165866
WD is a respectable brand and their 1TB drives are common in OEM builds. The only brand more reliable is HGST.
>>
>>59165918
Good to hear

I was looking at HGST drives but of the options I found on Amazon with prices similar to WD none ship to my country and I can't find any in online stores here

Also PSA 1TB Toshiba drives ar apparently garbo, [spoiler]even though I was told by people here they were some of the most reliable[/spoiler]
>>
>>59157468
depend on you're version.
github supports multiple image backends now. There's a link to neofetch wiki on the github page.
also neofetch --clean because there's a cache.
>>
>>59165987
*neofetch supports multiple image backends*
>>
>>59165972
Toshiba's a bit of a crap shoot. Most HDD manufacturers are, actually.

Notably, Seagate had a horrible series of drives around 2010 which they still haven't broken brand negativity over. Something like 15-20% failure rate. It was ridiculous.

Backblaze does a good job documenting their failure rates for HDDs though. You can see their stats @ https://www.backblaze.com/blog/hard-drive-reliability-stats-q1-2016/ and they'll give a better idea of reliability than any one person's advice.
>>
>>59166065
I can't wait for 1TB+ SSDs to become real cheap

hard drives can go fuck themselves
>>
How did /r9k/ become what it is? With no set topic, why is every post about not having a gf?
>>
I dropped my external HDD and it started making clicking noises when I plugged it back in, how fucked am I? Is it possible to get my data back?
>>
>>59166282
If your PC still detects it, start backing your shit up right now.
>>
>>59166372
It didnt pick it up so I disconnected it immediately.
>>
File: 1479459239611.jpg (60KB, 535x320px) Image search: [Google]
1479459239611.jpg
60KB, 535x320px
>>59157468
What is a good font for comfy web browsing?
>>
i need to use OpenCV 2.4.13 with Xcode.
how do I make this happen. the tutorials i have found have not worked and require a file 'make_framework.sh' to run in the terminal but I don't have that file.
>>
File: 0521_day_photos015--500x380.jpg (67KB, 500x380px) Image search: [Google]
0521_day_photos015--500x380.jpg
67KB, 500x380px
>>59166576
>>
>>59166576
terrible font
>>
>>59166985
I wasn't suggesting it was good, just a random pic from google.
What is a good font, faggot?
>>
>>59167003
futura, ariel, any sans font is generally comfy.
also, why post a font you arn't considering...
>>
>>59167030
>why post a font you arn't considering...
I thought a picture might make my question attract more attention and thus timelier responses. Not very bright are you?
>>
While playing games my gpu (rx480) reaches 57 celsius max. isnt that bit low?
is the sensor faulty or what? I read that people usually reach 70 as best
>>
What was the most powerful Nokia S40 feature phone?
>>
>>59167069
>being this rude
grow up neet
>>
>>59167151
Tbh kind of offended you thought I was considering blackjack a reasonable font
>>
How do I add an HDMI-In to my PC

I just need to connect something to my PC that way
>>
>>59167075
AMD hardware has its own special temperature scale.
>>
File: 1487692605456.jpg (145KB, 2048x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1487692605456.jpg
145KB, 2048x1446px
how do you guys understand "data supply" in the context of ip addressing ?
>>
>>59167356
k
>>
>>59167075
Well it depends on the game, not all games will push the GPU to use 100% of its power which is what makes it get super hot. My 380X easily hits 80C when playing intensive games but on some other games it stays at a comfy 60C

But a faulty temp sensor is definitely a possibility too, yeah
>>
>>59167528
well I had the fps capped at 60 so it seems thats why
>>
>>59167356
I never got this done when I had it as homework. Anyone?
>>
>>59157468
I vaugley remember a vpn client that cost money and worked off openvpn anyone know it?
>>
>>59167550
Then it means your card doesn't need to work very hard to hit 60 fps in that game

My card used to get hot as fuck playing War Thunder until I enabled Vsync, and since that day it rarely gets hotter than 65C because it's not overworking itself rendering extra frames that my monitor can't handle
>>
Please help
>>59165519
>>59165519
>>59165519
>>
What's the way to go database management software on windows?

I need something easy enough to learn by myself and get used by my tech retarded coworkers.
>>
>>59167270
You need a TV tuner or a capture card.
>>
>>59167884
sql server management studio if you have sql servers
dbeaver for others
>>
>>59167886
Will an Elgato Game Capture HD60 Pro work?

I just need to watch the HDMI stuff on my PC, so anything cheaper than this will do.

Why is this shit so expensive anyways? I would have thought that if I can buy $125 monitors, an HDMI input would be a lot cheaper
>>
>>59167940
what are you trying to do? if you just want to watch something, why not plug it into a monitor?
>>
>>59167978
If I wanted to do that I would
>>
File: motorola_new_moto_x_3.jpg (25KB, 172x331px) Image search: [Google]
motorola_new_moto_x_3.jpg
25KB, 172x331px
How to FRP bypass a Moto XT 1093?
>>
How can I use a script to download the pictures here http://www2.sat24.com/history.aspx?culture=en ?

If I right click on the image and I select "view image" I'm taken to a bigger version of it (which ideally is what I want), but if I change the url to, say, the next image by changing the date and hour I get just a blank screen, so using wget is out of the question since it won't work. How can I find a workaround? Will I need to use some javascript or something like that?
>>
Are (can) Mac programs written in Swift, or is it still mostly objective-C?
>>
File: question.png (260KB, 803x790px) Image search: [Google]
question.png
260KB, 803x790px
Alright, so right now I can either buy a
>used i7-6700k for ~250€
>new i7-7700k for ~ 350€
>new R7 1700x for ~430€
My old i5-4460 is starting to bottleneck me pretty hard. What would be the smartest move here? I mainly want the new processor for gayming and some normal desktop stuff.
>>
>>59168623
for games you want to wait for the 1600.
>>
>>59168623
>>new i7-7700k for ~ 350€
>>
>>59168695
What's wrong about that? Are they cheaper in your region?
>>
How come my cmus isnt able to 'see' the mp3 files in my library? To the program they just dont exist
>>
Git question:

I have changed something in my repo. Pushed it to remote master. Because I didn't have some permissions it won't be merged.

Now I need to push the same commit to to remote master. How do I add something for commit if it is now unchanged? ( I can't change file in anyway )
>>
>>59168963
git push origin local-name:remote-name
>>
What's the best tool/method to use for downloading all my code from a server?
Github?
>>
Are there any real advantages that Windows 7 has over windows 10? I'm thinking about switching to it.
>>
File: am4_06.png (104KB, 1470x824px) Image search: [Google]
am4_06.png
104KB, 1470x824px
How do AMDs Ryzen chipsets work?
Some have 2/4 SATA connectors, but the boards themselves have up to 6 internal ones.
Are the extra ones 3rd party?

What are the PCIe lanes?
Would 6 bottleneck a 980ti?

What about dual PCIe slots, does that mean I can't use two PCIe cards at the same time?
Does that even make sense?
>>
>>59169038
what kind of server? how is it hosted?

Github is an online git repository service, not a download tool.
>>
>>59169085
I don't know, I've been using Google Drive to this point but I always forget to upload the finished work.
I'm just doing relatively small projects.
>>
>>59168623
i7-6700
Kaby was an unusually small upgrade, and if you can find a better deal by skipping the "k", might as well just OC it manually.
>>
>>59169085
also doesn't github tos give them the authority/power to demand you change certain terminology or be locked out of your own repo?
>>
>>59168054
https://forum.xda-developers.com/moto-x-2014/general/guide-xt1097-to-xt1095-nextel-t2972693
>>
>>59169110
so you're looking for a source control solution that can be hosted online.
Git for source control and github for hosting seems to be the most popular choice.
Though private repositories cost money.

You can have a look at gitlab too, you can even run your own instance of it.

The first thing you want to do though is make yourself familiar with git and ignore all those hosters at first.

>>59169113
>GitHub, in its sole discretion, has the right to suspend or terminate your account and refuse any and all current or future use of the Service, or any other GitHub service, for any reason at any time. Such termination of the Service will result in the deactivation or deletion of your Account or your access to your Account, and the forfeiture and relinquishment of all Content in your Account. GitHub reserves the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason at any time.
>>
>>59159581
If you wanna go full retard you can get some screen recording software and record yourself watching the movie.
>>
File: drives.png (6KB, 228x336px) Image search: [Google]
drives.png
6KB, 228x336px
When I first installed my SSD as a boot drive, I copied the boot partition onto it. But then when I turned it on for the first time, I accidentally had my boot USB on it too, and now I have two boot drives which take up 30gb more than I need.

But when I go to format the D: drive, it won't allow me because it has the same important files as my real boot drive does. Is there any way to get around this?
>>
File: 1485873699067.jpg (35KB, 329x379px) Image search: [Google]
1485873699067.jpg
35KB, 329x379px
why is my synology disk station so fucking slow and doesnt get over 10mb/s?
>cat 6 1gb cables all the way
>fritzbox on 1 gb
>disk station says: full duplex 1 gb/s
but
samba: 10mb/s
ftp: 10mb/s

reeeeee
>>
Does anyone else use offset voltage mode for overclocking. I am overclocking my 3770K for the first time. It blue screened at 4.5 ghz with +0.005 offset. I then lowered it to 4.2 ghz and it now runs prime95. Should I just keep increasing the frequency until it can't take it anymore? Mind you I set the load line calibration to auto. Should this be set to something else such as extreme?
>>
>>59169562
My 3570k is overclocked with offset voltage.
Use fixed first and see how far you can get in terms of clock/voltage/temperature, then try to get the same values using offset.
>>
>>59169606
Is offset better than fixed? I did get 79 degrees on prime and cpu z reported my vcore as 1.200 volts which I find highly unlikely.
>>
>>59157468
Is there any "Youtube player" that doesn't require a browser open 24/7 to play music? I usually get my music from Youtube, mostly videogame OSTs, so basically I need something that allows me to search through command line or a very simple interface, and automatically downloads the song to mp3 and plays it, but not saving it, just streaming that shit.

I think with enough time I could make something like this using bash, but I'm on Windows right now and maybe there's something that does this already

Any ideas?
>>
>>59169350
Just use Gparted from a linux live
>>
>>59169788
https://github.com/mps-youtube/mps-youtube
>>
I'm sure you guys have experience with UPS so let me give you my situation and question:

I bought a 1000$ item that was to be shipped by UPS. UPS lost the package. Shop(Seller) opened a claim. 8 days later, UPS says item is lost for real. Shop told me they would send me a replacement once they talk to UPS about their refund of the lost item. Just today, original item has arrived. Both original lost item and replacement used the same UPS tracking number. Nothing shows on the tracking about the original package being delivered today.

What do I do? Who will be on my ass for this item? I'm assuming the shop got their refund so UPS is losing here, will they chase me over it?
>>
Is there any way, on Android, to have fingerprints recognized, but to only allow password lock? For fingerprints to be used only for other stuff, ie app locks, password managers, etc.
>>
Which has power processing power: an iphone 7 or a thinkpad x201 with a first generation i5 CPU?
>>
My PIN for a certain website is apparently the mmddyy format of my birth date.

My birth date is June 4th, 1998

So wouldn't my PIN be 060498?
>>
>>59169683
it's just so speedstepping/C1E works.
I wanted the CPU to downclock/volt when not needed.
>>
What's the best/recommended technique for IO in Java?
There are so many classes for it.
>>
If I get uBlock and Adblock+, will they fuck with each other like how having more than 1 anti-virus does?
>>
File: 66.png (110KB, 400x500px) Image search: [Google]
66.png
110KB, 400x500px
What does that little red button in the middle of a ThinkPad keyboard do?
>>
>>59170502
Releases mustard gas
Don't press it
>>
>>59170469
yes, why would you do that.
>>
>>59170502
It moves the mouse. It's called a pointing stick (aka clit)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pointing_stick
>>
>>59170535
just wondering. I haven't done it but had a feeling it did
>>
>>59170428
Not if it omits the leading 0s.
>>
>>59170502
You press that to remove detachable screen (tablet mode).
They tend to be sticky . Pull hard.
>>
>>59170545
ah thank you

>>59170529
._.
>>
>>59170653
ehh...
>>
I picked up an old Thinkpad and it seems to be dual booting has Windows 2000 and some command line version of Unix. Windows BSODs upon selecting it, and I tried booting/installing Xubuntu from a USB stick, and it always freezes on any selection I make and then after a few seconds scrambled colors appear in the top few rows of pixels. Is it salvageable? Not sure what the problem is, but I'm at least able to get it to boot from the USB stick; is there some diagnostic utility I can load on it?
>>
>>59170625
You mostly get a lot of lag from running everything through both filters. It's also very pointless considering thy basically use the same lists
>>
>>59170747
Sounds like a massive PITA, just change the hdd
>>
>>59170447
I see. I think I'd like the same, I don't mind it down clocking at idle. What do you set your load line calibration at when using offset ?
>>
>>59170824
OK. Why would it not be able to run Linux from USB though?
>>
File: 81jlMszrk2L._SL1500_.jpg (188KB, 1500x974px) Image search: [Google]
81jlMszrk2L._SL1500_.jpg
188KB, 1500x974px
Is the 1050 Ti stronger than the normal PS4 GPU?
>>
>>59170834
try to keep it low. if it keeps being unstable raise it a bit. it compensates voltage sagging but you don't want it to overshoot.

https://www.msi.com/blog/why-llc-is-your-friend-when-overclocking
>>
>>59170916
I think PS4 GPU equivalent is 660 Ti,

So yeah. Even a 1050 Ti is much beefier.
>>
>>59170126
The iphone
http://daringfireball.net/linked/2016/09/14/geekbench-android-a10
>>
I just lost yet another project to the fucking mess that is windows movie maker and its shitty project files that become corrupted.
I don't know why I'm so retarded that I continued using that garbage.

Can someone recommend me a good video editing software? I've tried sony vegas but I think its overkill. I just need to trim/split videos and add pictures and music.
>>
>>59170916
Considerably. Even accounting for game optimization it's still a lot more powerful
>>
>>59171066
>movie maker in 2017

shotcut
>>
>>59171084
Thank you!
>>
Why can't the file be found here?
It's in the same folder as both the .java and .class files.
Have I done something wrong?
String[] temp = new String[10];
try {
BufferedReader loader = new BufferedReader(new FileReader("populations.txt"));
for(int i = 0; i < 10; i++) {
temp[i] = loader.readLine();
}
loader.close();
out.println(temp[3]);
}
catch(IOException e) {
out.println(e.getClass().getName());
}

It throws FileNotFoundException.
>>
>>59170954
Got it, thanks. Sorry for asking so many questions. This will be the last: did you set your offset to +0.005 too? Everywhere I look this seems to be the standard value. Should I not play around with that?
>>
>>59171102
depends on the working directory.
generally it's where the application gets executed, not where it's source or itself lies.
>>
I'm learning python, need some quick help with one-line for loops
I have a list [1,4,9,16,25,36,49,64,81,100] and want to print out a list of the even numbers, but I can only use one line.
My code:
a = [1, 4, 9, 16, 25, 36, 49, 64, 81, 100]
print (i for i in a if i//2==i/2)
gives me
<generator object <genexpr> at 0x105522678>
in console
why
>>
>>59171135
fuck I can't do formatting sorry
>>
>>59171106
Let me reboot and check, give me a few minutes.
>>
How do you uninstall an operating system without formatting the drive?
>>
>>59171121
There are two copies of the .txt file, one in the folder with the .java file and another in the .class folder.
Running Eclipse.
>>
>>59170502
it's a trackpoint pointer, it moves the cursor
it works kind of like a joystick, the cursor moves based on direction and pressure applied to the nub
>>
>>59171135
wopah figured it out, needed to surround the statement in [ ] as well dw
>>
>>59171106
My offset is set to +0.06, LLC on extreme and current capability on 140%.
Mind you my chip is terrible and won't go beyond 4.2GHz.

You need a lot of patience getting it correct, it took me 2 weeks tinkering with different values and testing overnights.
It's been sitting at that clock for 5 years stable though.
>>
>>59171180
Delete the system files
>>
>>59171180

You connect the disk to some other computer and delete everything I guess. But why would you want to do that?
>>
Ki
>>59171257
Thanks a lot for your help. I hope I can get it to 4.5GHz if I'm lucky with my chip.
>>
>>59171180
Delete the partition in a partition editor?
>>
What's the best way of extracting a specific part of a string in Java?
I have the string for example
ShopOne 500 USA
I need to extract the 500 and use it as an int.
How do?
>>
File: Untitled.png (9KB, 494x198px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
9KB, 494x198px
What should I expect?
>>
File: 1472599692065.jpg (80KB, 700x394px) Image search: [Google]
1472599692065.jpg
80KB, 700x394px
>>59171499
Tears
>>
My 780 just died, it's out of warranty by two months.

Could I buy a new one, switch the cards and return it saying it's broke and then sell the new one?

I probably won't do it but I just want to know if there's anything wrong with this devilish plan.
>>
If I have a 24 fps video and a 60 fps monitor it can be tricky to get the video to play back smoothly in a video player.

What if I just re-encode it to 60 fps with frame duplication and interpolation?
>>
>>59171580
I'd try taking a heat gun to it and hope the BGA fixes itself.
>>
What is best solution replacing CDs/CD player?
Is there a cheap way to have a computer storing ripped CDs then send that to receiver over LAN or something?
>>
>>59171053
Why aren't these being used in ultra-lightweight ARM laptops? Give me my fucking dual A10 Macbook Pro 2017 right fucking now Apple!
>>
What is the minimum monitor price that justifies buying a calibrator?
>>
>>59157468
Should I sell my gtx 1060 to buy a rx 480 with a freesync monitor, or keep my graphic card and just buy a gsync monitor ?
>>
2gb gtx 960 or a 2 gb 770 for $50 each or a 1050 ti for $100? all used btw
>>
What does it mean when a website doesn't return anything? Not even an error, the tab will load for like 1 or 2 minutes and then nothing changes, I'm still in the same page I was before. What gives?
>>
>>59171704
Your question was whether they're technically more powerful than a 7 year old dual core processor, not whether they're the best bang for your buck solution in a modern laptop.
>>
>>59171623
torrents
>>
File: dgk-dkkwaterproof-front-jpg.jpg (145KB, 1800x1378px) Image search: [Google]
dgk-dkkwaterproof-front-jpg.jpg
145KB, 1800x1378px
>>59171744
It's worth getting if you're paid to do graphics work. Otherwise I'd get one of these and do it manually. Why are they suddenly expensive though?
>>
Right now I'm deseralizing/serializing JSON in c#. I'm reading in json from multiple online sources, deseralizing it into a C# class, then serializing this new object into a json string which will be eventually written to a file on disk.

I came across an issue where the online source I was using had inconsistent json: sometimes an item would be an object in one doc, and then in the next it'd be an array.

I use this online guide to fix my issue, and used a jsonconverter for those problem items:
>http://michaelcummings.net/mathoms/using-a-custom-jsonconverter-to-fix-bad-json-results/

Now I can read the json just fine. However, he doesn't cover writing json in his guide. Can anyone tell me how I'd do the WriteJson portion of the converter? I can't seem to figure it out
>>
>>59171785
1050ti
>>
File: pepemosiac.jpg (4MB, 5760x5544px) Image search: [Google]
pepemosiac.jpg
4MB, 5760x5544px
How do I make a Windows batch file continue (not waiting for it to terminate) after launching an application using "START" or simply by file association such as:

@ECHO OFF
ECHO Type the name of the document you would like to access
SET DOC=
"%DOC%.docx"

It still waits for Word to close down before continuing. How do I disable that? Do I need to launch another prompt window with the /K then EXIT command?
>>
File: python3.png (6KB, 433x138px) Image search: [Google]
python3.png
6KB, 433x138px
Python3.*

Why doesn't the first one work? Doesn't really make sense.
>>
What would happen if you unplugged the SATA cable from a HDD/SSD while it was running?
>>
>>59170502
Autism joystick, a quick easy way to throttle your autism whenever its needed.
>>
File: 6044503[1].jpg (120KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
6044503[1].jpg
120KB, 1200x900px
Speaker question.

So I have a few of these active PA speakers lying around that I use for instrument amps, I like them very much for that purpose, they're a great value at $120 from monoprice.

Question is, is it going to damage the speaker if I power them off using the switch on a surge protector power strip? rather than the switch on the back of the amp (which would always be left on, and the volume knobs left in place permenantly)

I've turned one of them on and off this way for years and it's been great, It hardly makes any noticeable noise turning on or off. I just bought a second amp because I liked the first one so much, expecting to be able to cycle the power the same way, but the second amp makes an audible pop when I power it off. Its pretty loud but not any louder than the drivers put out while in use.

the reason I'm trying to use a power strip is because these amps are stashed way behind instruments and the back panels are impossible to get to without moving shit.
>>
>>59172498
If files were in the middle of being written they would get corrupted
>>
>>59172582
follow up
I just found out the speaker actually pops turning it off weather I use the switch on the back or not.

Should I be concerned? The first speaker of the same make and model doesn't make this sound at all. I don't expect them to be EXACTLY the same considering its monoprice and i bought them a year apart, but I just don't want it to not turn on for me one day.

If all i'm risking is a fuse I'm ok with that, they're pretty easy to replace and I already have extras
>>
How do I get Oneechan to load system fonts? I heard you need to force 4chan to use http to make it work but I don't know how to do that and the wiki said I need Flash enabled which I already do. It's just stuck on "loading..." forever when I try to load system fonts.
>>
Hey guys, I've got a Netgear dgnd3700 v2 and a Netgear n2200 v3 and I'd like to set up the second as a wireless repeater, is there a different firmware I should flash onto it to make it easier to do?
>>
What's the best word I can get? I got the latest one from school and it's the worst software I have ever used in my entire life, shit keeps getting fucked for no reason when spacing and tabbing and just simple typing shit , I can't even touch anything anymore because the images just keep going to random places, Spell checker also fucked too because it doesn't know when to use my main language and English, tried everything and it's forcing me to use English instead of Chinese. Word tries to be "Smart" but it keeps fucking me instead of helping
>>
>>59173209
You using a browser based version?
>>
>>59173226
nope, I am using the legit version installed on Windows 7
>>
File: ulrichcum.png (128KB, 221x317px) Image search: [Google]
ulrichcum.png
128KB, 221x317px
Why does windows not recognize all my ram, but it appears in my bios?

18 GB of DDR3 2666(2-4-2-4-2-4)
Windows 7 Home Premium

System information is showing 12 GB and 18 GB of VRAM. I know Windows 7 Home Premium only can use 16 GB of ram, but mine is still only showing up as 12. Any reason? Have used Windows Memory Diagnostics and used CPU-Z and Speccy to detect them(which it did). Tried reseating them, but to no avail. Any help is appreciated.
>>
>>59173288
Pull out a 2GB stick.
>>
>>59173252
Well you can try libreoffice if you want something different, but cross-format compatibility and formatting isn't amazing, so if you absolutely have to be certain that something will render the same in word, it's not ideal. I'd just suck it up if I were you
>>
File: colol.jpg (148KB, 953x953px) Image search: [Google]
colol.jpg
148KB, 953x953px
>>59157468
My 10 year old 250 gig hard drive is beginning to die. I want to replace it with a 250 gig SSD. I've already backed it up just in case it dies right now, but my stupid question is that if I clone my old hard drive onto the SSD can I just plug it back into my PC, and what software is there that will help me do it
>>
>>59173360
Just do a fresh install for various reasons
>>
>>59173397
okay, but is there software that would help me clone just the windows directory so I can boot back in
>>
>W10
>Reinstall 7 and use the keep old files option
>Having lots of problems because fuck GPT partitions
>Setup is normal till last step
>Computer reset
>CHKDSK out nowhere
>Last step has been stuck for 20 minutes now
Should i let it keep going or restart and attempt again?
>>
>>59173303
Now it just shows up as 10GB
>>
>>59173443
You will encounter performance issues if you just clone it over,ass hdd and sdd's have different partition sizes and schemes.Just do a fresh install and copy your user folder back over
>>
>>59173288
Install 7 Ultimate.
>>
>>59173360
Clonezilla.

Do a fresh install.
>>
File: 1422497590432.png (3KB, 147x130px) Image search: [Google]
1422497590432.png
3KB, 147x130px
What's the "best" video editing software out now?

or more specifically, the "best" one for making Youtube videos

Last time I made a video, I used Sony Vegas to make a (really shitty) RSMV back in high school
>>
>>59173360
>250gb

why

if you're changing to sdd might as well go 1tb or 500gb if you're really poorfag
>>
>>59173689
250GB is good enough for a OS drive.
>>
>>59171551
kek'd
>>
>>59173695
Sorry, I've never understood this OS Drive meme. What's the point of it? So if you somehow fuckup your OS all your animu and vidya are still safe?
>>
>>59173711
No, just a drive dedicated to your OS.

Its done for Performance and safety reasons.
Also its more easy to backup your OS than all your files on it.

If your OS die with all your stuff on it you can recover everything easy, the problem is when the drive dies.
>>
>>59173689
Okay I'll get a 500 gig one. The thing that concerns me the most is if I do do a fresh install it won't recognize the code in the bios and I'll have to pirate it
>>
>>59173784
There are no downsides of pirating it as long you do it safe.

>Clean ISO
>Daz Loader for 7
>MSToolkit for 8.1/10
>Everything downloaded from Mydigitallife Forums.

Instead of getting a 500GB one get a 250GB (850 EVO) and a 1TB WD Blue.
>>
>>59173711
Having the os on a separate DRIVE is usually about having an SSD plus an HDD, which is good for obvious reasons. A separate PARTITION is useful if you like to backup disk images or reinstall your OS a lot, but it's not worth the bother for most people because you have to worry about giving just the right amount of space to the OS or effectively wasting it
>>
>>59173784
Don't listen to him. 250 is great, provided you also have an HDD. And you can just extract your key's/tokens prior to the wipe and reactivate it. Also there really aren't major downsides to cloning to an ssd if you use a proper program like macrium to handle it, /g/ just likes to suggest that people reinstall windows periodically.
>>
>>59173838
Eh, the thing is, everyone fucks up or fucks around their computers and you end up with bloat, if you're building a new one and getting a new drive, might as well just go all the way and do a clean install of the OS.
>>
>>59173838
>And you can just extract your key's/tokens prior to the wipe and reactivate it
You can do that?
>>
>>59173659
If there was one best editor every professional would be using it
Take your pick between sony vegas, adobe premiere, avid media composer, final cut macfaggotry, etc
>>
>>59173898
That's why I used "quotes"

thanks
>>
>>59173857
Sure. You can backup the key

http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/product_cd_key_viewer.html

Extract the windows activation token

http://joshcellsoftwares.com/products/advancedtokensmanager/

or extract the bios code directly

https://www.raymond.cc/blog/backup-and-restore-vista-oem-activation-license/

Any one of the three should work on its own, and you're welcome to run a combo for extra reliability

>>59173854
This is true, but he's not building a new PC, so a reformat is nice but hardly critical here
>>
File: 1477427781109.jpg (89KB, 550x602px) Image search: [Google]
1477427781109.jpg
89KB, 550x602px
Hi /sqt/, i want you input on this:

I can buy a 250GB 750 EVO or a 120GB 850 EVO for almost the same price (750 is a bit more expensive)

Which one should i get, assuming i'll use it as an OS drive? is the performance difference noticeable?
>>
>>59173288
do you have a 4G graphics card?
>>
>>59174154
Get the 750. You'd probably never notice the speed difference, but you'll definitely wish you had the extra space
>>
File: 2.png (67KB, 790x578px) Image search: [Google]
2.png
67KB, 790x578px
Anyone knows what's that weird sign in my total commander instead of / ?
And how can I switch it back to / ?
>>
File: 1478044146225.jpg (333KB, 618x718px) Image search: [Google]
1478044146225.jpg
333KB, 618x718px
>>59174207
Ok thanks my dude
>>
>>59174223
the yen symbol (¥) is the path separator in japanese locale windows
not sure why
>>
is there a good website to listen to online FM radio? I don't want it for music, I'm learning a language and want to listen to people talking in that language
>>
Should I just get a single SSD for my PC build and and use a external hard-drive for everything that aren't program files?

I'm playing with different options before I build my new rig.
>>
>>59174154
250GB 850 EVO if you care about reliability at all.
750 if you cant afford a 250GB SSD.
Look for ADATA SU800.

Dont buy 120GB SSDs.
>>
>>59174312
Get a 250GB+ SSD and buy a internal later on.
>>
>>59174273
ooooh! shit. I switched my Windows' locale to Japan, when I tried out a game a month ago. I must've forgot to switch it back.

Thanks anon! <3
>>
>>59174352
Are 750's that unreliable?
>>
>>59174392
No, is just that the 850 EVOs are that reliable.

Also 750 uses 2D NAND instead 3D NAND.
>>
File: 1453320911099.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
1453320911099.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>>59174398
Oh OK. Thanks!
>>
Should I get a curved monitor or standard?
>>
>>59174492
Standard.
Thread posts: 372
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.