[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

If we ignore concerns about electricity consumption, which light

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: 52.jpg (32KB, 800x604px) Image search: [Google]
52.jpg
32KB, 800x604px
If we ignore concerns about electricity consumption, which light bulbs are the best for your health?

Studies show that LED bulbs damage your eyes
CFL's emit UV radiation and are terribly dim

Also the EU banned incandescent lights, it's like they want you to go blind and sunburnt.
>>
High Pressure Sodium

Everything is GOLD
>>
>>59155010
no light, go to bed at sundown like the middle ages.
>>
>>59155010
you know the answer already. now stock up on 100w bulbs from china.
>>
>>59155010
>Also the EU banned incandescent lights
Europoor here, you can still buy they, the only difference is they have to be labeled "heat bulbs" now instead of "light bulbs" like they used to (because in terms of energy efficiency they produce more heat than light).
>>
>>59155010
>LED bulbs damage your eyes
Is this with it without some kind of diffuser
>>
>The lightbulb in this room is less bright than a candle

Fuck the EU after brexit we better start making real lightbulbs again, my lightbulb dealer got arrested
>>
>>59155010
The kind with the carbon filament.
Soft light and doesn't fuck with your alpha waves.
>>
>>59155177
>my lightbulb dealer got arrested
>lightbulb dealer

This is what you get for dealing with illegal light bulbs. I bet he tried to sell them to minors too.

This shit is beyond absurd at this point.
>>
>>59155246
>I bet he tried to sell them to minors too.

That's how he got caught, some kid licked one from a lamp and got burnt and his teachers noticed and reported his family for illegal ownership of illegal illumination devices
His parents couldn't afford the license either so they went to prison and the kids are in care now
>>
>>59155300
So....kids are practically braindead now?
>>
>>59155123
the manufacturing doesn't change, they just rate the bulbs for 99W now
>>
>>59155396

He had never seen such a bright light before
>>
File: IKEA Rotera.png (2MB, 1296x972px) Image search: [Google]
IKEA Rotera.png
2MB, 1296x972px
>>59155177
>>59155246
>>59155300
Forget that, they are not coming back. But even if you don't want to go LED there's still other viable, eco-friendly alternatives. I already made my choice.
>>
File: maxresdefault[4].jpg (15KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[4].jpg
15KB, 1280x720px
>>59155424
>there's still other viable, eco-friendly alternatives.
>>
>>59155010
Studies show that the average /g/ poster is legally mentally retarded.
>>
>>59155511

Then how come I don`t get retard bux?
>>
>>59155473
>emits soot and carbon monoxide
>still legal somehow
>>
>>59155473
>CARBON EMISSIONS
>LITERALLY KILLING THE PLANET
>>
>>59155473
>burning something
>eco friendly
>>
>>59155511
http://www.news-medical.net/news/20170127/Light-emitted-from-digital-screens-can-cause-irreversible-damage-to-eyes-research-shows.aspx

http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1111/j.1751-1097.2012.01192.x/abstract;jsessionid=0A8E516BD2A210EED408062EDDC8D4A8.f04t03

Compact fluorescent light (CFL) bulbs can provide the same amount of lumens as incandescent light bulbs, using one quarter of the energy. Recently, CFL exposure was found to exacerbate existing skin conditions; however, the effects of CFL exposure on healthy skin tissue have not been thoroughly investigated.
In this study, we studied the effects of exposure to CFL illumination on healthy human skin tissue cells (fibroblasts and keratinocytes). Cells exposed to CFLs exhibited a decrease in the proliferation rate, a significant increase in the production of reactive oxygen species, and a decrease in their ability to contract collagen.

Measurements of UV emissions from these bulbs found significant levels of UVC and UVA (mercury [Hg] emission lines), which appeared to originate from cracks in the phosphor coatings, present in all bulbs studied. The response of the cells to the CFLs was consistent with damage from UV radiation, which was further enhanced when low dosages of TiO2 nanoparticles (NPs), normally used for UV absorption, were added prior to exposure. No effect on cells, with or without TiO2 NPs, was observed when they were exposed to incandescent light of the same intensity.
>>
>>59155010
>Studies show that LED bulbs damage your eyes
Studies show that LEDs damage the eyes of albino mice. The albino mice have no pigmentation in their eyes. You know, the stuff that's primary function is to prevent damage to the eyes.
FTFY
>>
>>59155568
>Recently, CFL exposure was found to exacerbate existing skin conditions; however
stop rubbing a lit bulb on your skin
>>
>>59155546
>>59155557
>>59155561

I could burn a 100 (hundred) candles and it would still be better for the polar bears than whatever plastic the chinks poorly manufactured and shipped here.
>>
File: image.jpg (65KB, 1278x799px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65KB, 1278x799px
>>59155590
>In this study, we studied the effects of exposure to CFL illumination on HEALTHY human skin tissue cells (fibroblasts and keratinocytes).
>Cells exposed to CFLs exhibited a decrease in the proliferation rate, a significant increase in the production of reactive oxygen species, and a decrease in their ability to contract collagen.
>The response of the cells to the CFLs was consistent with damage from UV radiation,

CFL's make you wrinkly and old, like somebody who's been sunbathing for too long. Using CFL's is like being in a Solarium 24/7.
>>
>>59155568
>http://www.news-medical.net/news/20170127/Light-emitted-from-digital-screens-can-cause-irreversible-damage-to-eyes-research-shows.aspx
>After disclosing these results, it concludes the importance of preventative measures that appropriate eye protectors already in the market can offer, such as Reticare’s products
>Reticare, for the past three years, has been an advocate for raising awareness of the need to use scientifically validated protection

Are you fucking joking? Do you know what a conflict of interest is? They even included that company's product in the study.

Moreover, the conditions of that study are retarded. It's the equivalent of replacing every wall in your office with LED screens displaying pure white at maximum brightness and standing in that office whenever you're awake for three months, Of course it's going to damage your eyes, you'd be an idiot to think it wouldn't. But nearly nobody gets that kind of exposure to bright light sources, and if they do, they're probably wearing some kind of eye protection anyway.

jesus fuck man, don't you think for yourself ever?
>>
>>59155714
that's not what they said. They said that your skin reacts to the UV light coming from a CFL the same way it reacts to UV light coming from the sun (surprise!). The difference is that a CFL is producing orders of magnitude less UV light than the sun, otherwise you'd get a sunburn from a CFL. Stop being retarded.

Buy whatever lights you want, it doesn't matter, now fuck off.
>>
>>59155010
>Studies show that LED bulbs damage your eyes
No, they don't.
>CFL's emit UV radiation and are terribly dim
*sigh*.

It's amazing modern humans can take a piss without hurting themselves.
"BUT I READ FLUSHING THE TOILET WILL KILL ALL THE PENGUINS"
>>
>>59155568
Single study with a conflict of interest and no duplication of results.
>>
>>59155010
Halogen
lamplets with less than 100 CRI do not need to apply
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.