[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://www.express.co.uk/life-style /science-technology/7727

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 214
Thread images: 18

File: terrygod.jpg (25KB, 590x350px) Image search: [Google]
terrygod.jpg
25KB, 590x350px
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/772735/windows-10-download-creators-update-security-apps-download

Also known as: "How to strangle yourself to death".
>>
>The feature is disabled by default
>>
>>59149291
..and there's a install anyway button available.
>>
>>59149316
>the feature will be enabled by clueless people
>the feature will stop them installing chrome
>"wtf this OS is shit"
>>
I smell another lawsuit
>>
>>59149291
i am just amazed that almost all people let themselves get cucked, complain about it to no end BUT don't actually fix the problem
>>
Windows 10 home will be replaced by "Cloud" in april this year, and this will be marketed as an """upgrade""" to make computers more secure by only allowing installation of store apps. All customers will get the upgrade because they can't turn off automatic updates. If they want to tun normal third-party windows programs, they will conveniently have the option to buy Windows 10 pro for only $200.
And since most users won't because they can barely use a computer, MS will finally start making money with their shitty store.

Mark my fucking words.
>>
>>59149514

I honestly thought you'd copied that from the article it sounds so plausible.
>>
>>59149291
>>59149735
I didn't even read the article until now, and HOLY SHIT
You literally can't make this shit up. I'm not even sure how to prepare for the massive shitstorm of retards
>>
>>59149514
>MS will finally start making money with their shitty store

there goes my steam game library
>>
File: 1457996393142.png (281KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1457996393142.png
281KB, 512x512px
>>59149857
>>
File: Capture.png (101KB, 1573x452px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
101KB, 1573x452px
>store must be safer than web download

microsoft is huffing poo to the point of retardation
>>
>>59149316
Boiling that frog.
>>
>>59149415
Are you retarded? What would someone sue for?
>>
>>59149857
I actually hope this'll cause them to revamp the Store.

Gesrs 4 is apparently an incredible PC port but I had trouble downloading big stuff from there.
>>
>>59149903
anti competitive practices

making people have to use windows store is illegal
>>
File: why.png (249KB, 419x640px) Image search: [Google]
why.png
249KB, 419x640px
>not using a custom version of TempleOS to browse the web
>>
>>59149915
>making people have to use windows store is illegal
>The feature is disabled by default
Retard
>>
>>59149923
>he thinks it will stay disabled by default

idiot naive child
>>
>>59149915
Because that works so well on smartphones.
>>
>>59149934
Even if it's not disabled by default, you can still disable it. No one is getting sued
>>
>>59149953
they sue for bundling IE with windows this is 5 times worse. Can't wait until Trump takes yall out back and puts a bullet in MS
>>
>>59149291
This is disabled by default, you mouth-breathing mongoloids.
>>
>>59149982
>he thinks Trump is pro consumer
LMAO
>>
>>59149291
>>59149843
This article made me more angry than it should.
Best example for alternative facts. (I hate this phrase, but it seems suitable here)
>>
>>59149987
hes pro business and Microsoft is an american embarrassment now. Want to see how to do everything wrong just look at MS
>>
"disabled by default but encouraged"

translation: huge popup where you are basically forced to do it if you don't search for the small decline button that is just text and doesn't look like a button
>>
There's so much wrong wit this article it's unbelievable
>>
>>59149887
>falling for the marketing bull^shit
They want to force everyone to move to their walled garden with money printing ability. Nothing more.

They could even start asking money for apps that are free, after all they have to host them.
>>
What's the big deal? This is already how Android works. In fact, Android is worse since it's an opt-out feature while Microsoft is launching it as an opt-in feature. The thing, though, is that the people who would need it won't have it enabled so it's an almost completely useless feature.
>>
>>59149316
Problem is that they always start "disabled by default" and then move to "enabled by default" and eventually to "removed opt-out setting/registry key".

Microsoft wants to get everything on the Windows Store because their current offer of software is fucking shit.
>>
>>59150124
Oh look, the shills arrived. I don't want to start a discussion with you like the one we had yesterday
>>
>>59149291
lol who cares
one word

video games
>>
>>59150151
I'm not shilling, just stating the facts. I use GNU/Linux so I really don't care how badly Microsoft fucks up their operating system.
>>
>>59150362
see
>>59149514
You wont be able to play your steam games unless you repurchase them from the microsoft store
>>
>>59150380
who cares
old games are for linux users
you'll have to buy new games anyway
>>
>>59150399
Are you extremely stupid or just trying to derail the thread
>>
>>59150422
video games fgt
>>
File: file.png (111KB, 215x234px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
111KB, 215x234px
>>59150430
>>
>>59150093
Nice job on that.
>>
>>59150124
People use their phones differently and expect different things from them compared to their computer.
>>
>>59150362
>>59150399
>>59150430
>these are the type of retard we discuss shit with
>>
>>59151921
>Replying to obvious shilling
He's trying to derail the thread, just hide and report him.
>>
OK, someone reported my posts. Are you desperate, Parheeeet?
>>
>2017
>Using Wangblows 10
>>
>>59149291

I really hate where technology has gone.

Because of the combination of stupid people and evil people, there's no future to the customizable desktop and independent software creators.

It's already hard to get your software out into the world, what with "SmartScreen" scaring the shit out of people who might otherwise download and install your software. Now they're going to push hard to make everything install via their shitty store, and no doubt add more and more restrictions (e.g. running under a VM) over time.
>>
>>59149291
What the fuck
>>
http://www.express.co.uk/life-style/science-technology/772735/windows-10-download-creators-update-security-apps-download

Crooked, dumb, mobile scum.
>>
This is microsoft's strategy:
- make tons of news which only show "positive" aspects of a new feature, also highlight a few times that it's optional/temporary in the beta
Most users buy it and think it's ok or they plan to just disable it
- a few months later, days before the introduction of said feature, make a small announcement where Microsoft states that it's going to be forced after all. No major news site will write an article about it.
- Some users realize that the "feature" does not work as expected, but are shown the small announcement and accept yet another inconvenience.

Examples where microsoft has already played this strategy:
- Telemetry
- Forced updates
>>
>>59152149
How do you know?
>>
MS is transitioning WIN10 to a multi-devices OS, away from the INTEL X86 architecture. The store ensure that apps are compatible with both X86 and ARM. Apple is also in the process of transitionning to ARM.

It's all about leaving Intel behind and we are the victims. regardless, linux is the future.
>>
>>59152824
All my posts which were bumps have been deleted. This usually means someone reported my posts and a janitor saw through all of them and deleted the "useless" ones, but of course not the ones with actual content.

In other threads janitors don't really care about "useless" posts.
>>
>>59149291
WINCUCC REKT
>>
>>59152968
>tfw normalfags are now forced to leave the traditional open ecosystem of desktops and will be forced into another walled garden
Predictions:
- hardware prices will go up because there's less demand
- CPU speed increases will be marginal (already happening) because normalfags only surf the internet
- The end of traditional desktop PCs, now not a meme
- the end of standard CPU architectures
>>
>>59149291
>it's another /g/ gets stumped by a setting that is disabled by default episode

I wonder how many people on this board actually know how to use Linux. If they don't know how to do basic things in Windows, how would they ever manage to use a Linux distro? Do they just boot up live cds and shitpost with firefox all day?
>>
>>59153074
>- hardware prices will go up because there's less demand
Doubtful. Hardware has been selling more and more as time goes on.

>- CPU speed increases will be marginal (already happening) because normalfags only surf the internet
This is what they've always done. Marginal increases are more likely due to lack of competition in recent years and/or the departure of moore's law.

>- The end of traditional desktop PCs, now not a meme
Why?

>- the end of standard CPU architectures
Perhaps better CPU architectures
>>
>>59153083
I understand your point, but distros like Ubuntu are damn near idiot-proof nowadays.
>>
>>59153129
>Doubtful. Hardware has been selling more and more as time goes on.
Sure, but now the normalfags will be switched to ARM trash. I was thinking about traditional PC hardware.

>- The end of traditional desktop PCs, now not a meme
Why?
Same reason as above: The users will only buy a small ARM box or all in one, PC power users are fucked this way.

>Perhaps better CPU architectures
ARM is missing many standards which made the PC so popular. Every ARM SoC has a different way of booting the system and other components aren't standardized like traditional PC hardware
The future will be similar to the home computers of the 1980s: All could run basic, but their CPUs were drastically different and there were always incompatibilities
>>
>>59149291
Also known as: Yet another setting the Enterprise can enable with GPO to only deliver updates and software installations through their private Windows Store.
>>
>>59153214
What if they remove it from future Enterprise versions, too? What if they make you require to buy "special" hardware for he enterprise version?
>>
>>59153083
It's not just about you, but about the billions of users microsoft is fucking over right now
>>
Where's pajeet when we need him?
>>
>>59149887
Holy shit, is that for real?
MS is truly lost
>>
>>
>>59153908
WTF? Is this an artistic vision of the future or has that actually happened?
>>
>>59153908
Give me source on this right now
>>
>>59153949
This is from a leaked version of "Windows 10 Cloud". The purpose of the "Cloud" edition is currently unknown. it#s completel identical to normal windows, the only difference is that it can't run any third party exe files. CMD, powershell and regedit are also blocked.
>>59153976
http://www.theverge.com/2017/2/3/14502748/windows-10-cloud-leaked-screenshots

The media believes that it will be a chromebook competitor, but I think that's bullshit. Microsoft has made no official statement about it. You can download the leaked ISO and try it for yourself
>>
>>59154009
This CAN'T be real. Holy shit what are they doing
>>
What's stopping anyone from pirating Windows 7 Ultimate and upgrade to Windows 10 Pro?
>>
>>59154041
Read the thread we had about it some weeks ago
https://archive.rebeccablacktech.com/g/thread/58796102
There are a few other webms there
And yes, it's fucking real
>>
>>59154041
Here's the ISO file
http://pastebin.com/XkuEbECf
>>
>>59154009
so it's windows rt all over again
>>
>>59154123
But now it's automaticaly installed on EVERY windows 10 home PC
You will have to pay $200 to run normal applications again (by buying the pro version)

Later they could block programs there, too
>>
>>59150128
They'll never do this because it would give literally every single business & government a good reason to ditch Windows for Linux or even macOS.
It's just as stupid as the "Microsoft is going to sabotage win32 so they can destroy Steam!" conspiracy some game developer keeps talking about.

If it actually happened it would destroy Microsoft overnight.
>>
>>59154153
Businesses are using the pro version, they won't be affected (for now)
>>
>>59152623
>Forced updates

But that was a good thing, too many fucking retards turned off Windows updates leaving their systems vulnerable to things that shouldn't be an issue.
>>
>>59154165
>still believing that marketing crap
They implemented automatic updates only to force users to upgrade even if they don't want to
Now they have the power to literally brick your computer, and they will do it just because they can
>>
>>59154153
Enterprise SKU is usually exempt from this kind of shit. It didn't have the upgrade nags, either.
>>
Good thing I use Windows Embedded. Thanks /poz/ anon
>>
>>59149915
Apple has been doing the same stuff for years and nobody has given a shit
>>
>>59154225
They don't force anyone through their ecosystem. They only implemented an extra message which is like the UAC in windows
>>
>>59154165
No it fucking wasn't a good thing
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbEPCC_Z_Ig
>>
>>59154252
That video is a good example of a normie: He doesn't understand how to configure shit
People like that will fall for this bullshit
>>
>>59154123
>>59154141
It's Microsofts answer to the Chromebook, not a Win10 Home replacement. It's good to be paranoid around Microsoft, but what you're implying is Microsoft doing the equivalent of shooting themselves in the foot with a shotgun.
I'm guessing they'll offer it as a new "free" version of Win10, and prompting you to upgrade to Home or Pro.
>>
>>59154265
>you have to CONFIGURE SHIT because somehow the way windows 7 did it was totally horrible and now you need to configure tons of shit just to get it to NOT update without your permission
>>
>>59149316
fpbp
lincucks making a big deal out of nothing again
>>
>>59154252
You just highlighted my point. People are too fucking stupid to just apply updates to their system.
At any point when that box first popped up, he could have installed & restarted his machine when he wasn't doing something important.
Or even do it as he's leaving his fucking PC.

He brought that upon himself for being the very thing that caused that in the first place.
>>
>>59154285
>seriously being this naive
They have the power to do it. Why would they not?
>>59154315
Microsoft doesn't care about any "bad reputation" from malware. They are a fucking monopoly anyway.
>>
>>59154315
You know, this wasn't a problem with Windows 7. You just installed the updates and that was it.
>>
>>59153129

>Perhaps better CPU architectures

More like phone SoCs. If the PCs unwalled frontier turns into that of a walled garden there will be no need for any more than 3 configurations.

-Poorfag
-Average
-Enthusiast
>>
>>59154342
>Being this irrational

Why would they not? Oh, maybe because it would destroy their general-consumer market, giving even more people an incentive to migrate to macOS (alt. Linux for the more technically minded).
Not to mention it would also fuck up their corporate image with businesses.

>Microsoft doesn't care about any "bad reputation" from malware. They are a fucking monopoly anyway.

Nadella's Microsoft isn't the Microsoft of Ballmer, they still deserve to be treated with suspicion, but they're not going to do something so outrageously malicious which gives them no benefit whatsoever.
They're no longer a monopoly either, Apple has been steadily increasing in usershare and Linux is more popular than ever.
>>
>>59154426
>which gives them no benefit whatsoever.
They probably know that they can benefit more if people are forced to use their store
They get 30% from every sale
>>
>>59149353

for now
>>
>>59154451
>They get 30% from every sale

Meanwhile, their consumer OS share has plummeted from a little over 50% to <20% overyear, leading to massive losses, consumer backlash, and gains for their competitors (most notably Apple).
You have to be a special kind of retard to believe that they would do something so incredibly self-destructive, or you're somehow stuck perpetually in 1999 thinking Microsoft is still a PC monopoly.

Like people said before, the REAL reason is pretty clear: They're going after the Chromebooks which have surged in popularity, replacing traditional PCs in many areas.
It's basically Windows RT all over again, but this time it actually has a chance of working. And if you thought WinRT was going to replace Home versions of 8, congrats, you were just as retarded in 2012 as you are in 2017.
>>
>>59150004
Pretty sure the government is the American embarrassment

Also
>pro business
>literally the entire last year

Kill yourself, it's people like you who lead us to this cancer of computers
>>
Mac OS already does this but it's opt out
>>
>>59154545

>but this time it actually has a chance of working

See >>59149887.
>>
>>59154545
media announced an unnamed version of Windows which has the option to allow or block third party programs, for now
Meanwhile Windows cloud was leaked and there has been no statement about it's purpose yet. Windows Cloud is incredibly locked down.

Now what if they just used this tactic
>>59152623
and announce days before launch that it won't be optional?
>>
>>59154593
>Windows Cloud is incredibly locked down.

So is a Chromebook, but you don't bitch about that do you?
>>
>>59154315
You're fucking retarded if you think updates without your permission is OK. this is complete bullshit I shouldn't have to restart my computer in the middle of work

>just do it when you're not doing anything important
fuck you everything I do on my computer is important. Updates should always happen when I shut off my computer not in the middle of work. Fuck off bootlicker
>>
>>59154048

nothing. Once you have activated win7 ultimate, get the accesibility compatibility tool and let it upgeade for you. Your win10 lisence is now tied to your machine.
>>
>>59154593
Really, what's more likely?

>Microsoft turns every Windows 10 Home user into a Windows Cloud user, locking them down severely and preventing them of using their previously-installed apps, pushing them to spend $200 for Windows 10 Pro, causing the largest consumer shitstorm in IT history
vs
>Microsoft releases a freeware version of Windows 10 that's primarily designed to be a Chromebook competitor, which until now has had virtually no competition in its market segment
>>
File: AMD-RYZEN-ZEN-windows-7.jpg (44KB, 1012x383px) Image search: [Google]
AMD-RYZEN-ZEN-windows-7.jpg
44KB, 1012x383px
Just a reminder.

Ryzen will support Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. Skylake and all newer Intel CPUs require Windows 10.

Windows 7 security updates end in January 2020 (possible extension). Windows 8.1 security updates end in January 2023.
>>
>>59154731
Then why are they already shilling this feature as one of the innovative additions in the next build? That would make no sense.
>>
>>59154680
>Updates should always happen when I shut off my computer not in the middle of work.

Except that's EXACTLY WHAT YOU CAN DO YOU DUMBASS DOUBLE NIGGER. THERE'S A FUCKING SHUTDOWN OPTION THAT SAYS "INSTALL UPDATES & SHUT DOWN".
>>
>>59154747
>Ryzen will support Windows 7
no it wont

http://www.pcgamer.com/amd-confirms-there-will-be-no-ryzen-drivers-for-windows-7/
>>
>>59154764
No it clearly updates in the middle of doing something

I shouldn't have to update in the middle of work updates should happen when I SAY THEY HAPPEN

never any other time, not in the middle of work, not until I SAY SO

There is literally nothing wrong with how Windows 7 and 8 did their updates
>>
>>59154786
>No it clearly updates in the middle of doing something

No it doesn't, it will perform a hard "fuck you I'm updating" if you've put the notification off & didn't update when shutting down.
Windows 7/8 updates happened the same way, the only difference now is that they make sure your dumb ass doesn't perpetually put off updates, forever leaving your system vulnerable.

Is it so fucking hard to click "later" once, then once you're finished, select "Update & Shut Down" when you shut down your system?
No, it isn't, unless you're an autistic sperg. In which case, why aren't you running Linux you fucking faggot?
>>
>>59154893
>forever leaving your system vulnerable.
Nice meme. But MS doesn't care about that.
>>
>>59154893
>No it doesn't, it will perform a hard "fuck you I'm updating" if you've put the notification off & didn't update when shutting down.
IT SHOULD NEVER SAY "fuck you I'm updating"

You missed the entire point of the video. Its the fact that I ALWAYS do something important on my computer. fuck your forced updates bullshit, they're fucking superfulous half the time and they're forced no matter what you do. They should never force me to shut down and install when I'm doing something I should be able to turn it off like in windows 7
>>
>>59154973
Congratulations, you're the reason why the forced-updates exist! Because retards like you never updated their systems, leaving them open to security vulnerabilities that are a better part of a decade old.

Fuck you, if you can find 5 minutes to shitpost on /g/, you can spend 5 minutes making sure you update your system when you shut down.
Which, by the way, is the DEFAULT FUCKING OPTION when you go to shut down your system.

And if you *don't* want forced updates, leaving your dumbass open to security vulnerabilities, you could just get the Pro version (which, if your work is *so* important, you should already have).
>>
>>59154775

AMD will provide drivers, the problem is MICROSOFT will not patch the OS for compatibility with advanced cpu features.
Microshit is the bad guy here, want to pust people toward latest win10.

MS actually claimed, recently, that cpu suport will not be backported to older win10 releases. that means when intel release a new cpu platform, you will have to upgrade to "curent" win10 build, can't stay on "original" win10.

That news angered enterprises that were banking on LTSB for stable platform.

http://www.reseller.co.nz/article/614845/microsoft-support-rules-windows-10-ltsb-void-allure-enterprise-customers/

http://digiworthy.com/2016/10/07/no-support-intel-cannonlake-coffee-lake-cpus-windows-10-ltsb/

Upgrade cpu and OS every year OR ELSE !!!!!!
>>
>>59149361
>>the feature will be enabled by clueless people
>Clueless people will dig through a menu, find one setting out of dozens of settings, most of which can cripple their system
>They partially and reversibly cripple their system
Yeah, Linux and OS X protect their users from that.
>>
>>59155050
>implying MS cares about your system's security

>having to pay more money just for a feature when they could just implement it on home on an optout basis
>>
>>59155059
Guys, get your backup plans ready and abandon PC. It's going to get extremly ugly.
>>
>>59155059
What
the
fuck
>>
>>59155204

Enterprise has always been the bulk of Microshit's cash flow. Now they'll be exploited to make up for all the normal consumers who are slowly but surely abandoning Windows for other platforms like Chrome OS and iOS.
>>
>>59155059
>AMD will provide drivers, the problem is MICROSOFT will not patch the OS for compatibility with advanced cpu features.
it is not Microsofts job to patch its OS to make sure it works with other peoples shit.
Are you going to cry that ryzen doesn't have older PCI either or has an ISA slot ?

Jesus people, sometimes its better to start fresh rather then just keep patching shit up constantly like how we kept patching up BIOS everytime we ran into some limitation.
>>
>>59155417
>what are CPU microcode updates
They are delivered via windows update. MS can just refuse to deliver them to LTSB users
>>
>>59155417

Lol, no, for most people it dosen't really matter, it's an enteprise problem. People have a stable software platform with custom softwares all imbriqued together. when they buy new machines, they want to keep the platform because they payed a lot of money for it.
>>
>marketshare collision
>>
>>59155754
How much of this is due to people ditching windows compared to the popularity of phones though?
>>
>>59156002
This. The diagram does not show the total users, only relatives
>>
>>59149316

Apple did the same thing and it started out as optional but disable, then because optional but defaulted to on, now they've made it so you need to Google a shell command to activate the option in the control which you can then switch off. So the slippery slope does and WILL happen, and MS will probably go even further and not allow you to install non-store apps at all soon.
>>
>>59156134
Chrome and firefox did the same with signed extensions
>>
>>59149291
Looks like I'll be using Windows 7 forever.
>>
>>59156746
Even when everyone stops making updates for your software, like your browser?
2 more years of security updates and it's over
>>
>>59156816
I used Windows 2000 until 2012, I know what it's like and I'd do it again.

Or I'll just dual boot with Linux like a sane person.
>>
>>59156187
No they didn't, their warning was merely "this extension isn't signed, continue anyway?"
>>
Bet people won't switch to Linux though

I wish they would, cross-platform development is a fucking nightmare because Windows decided to be a special snowflake OS

Fuck you all
>>
>>59149291

>by michael moore

Why is this name always attached to retards with a severe case of lead poisoning?

Is it some kind of law?
>>
>>59157124
i'll switch to linux

what distro do i pick
>>
>>59157329

Ubuntu, the LTS branch.
>>
>>59149514
You can already unmark your words.

A desktop OS which forces you to install software only from a proprietary store would be banned in the EU. Microsoft would be forced to backpedal or pay a hefty fine.
>>
>>59157638
this is the one and ONLY correct response
>>
>>59157638
>>59157713
funnily enough i actually just tried out ubuntu and it was shit

no option to disable mouse acceleration in the settings, no option for 144hz, no option to move the launcher to the bottom where docks are supposed to be
>>
>>59157770

You are mistaking desktop gui with actual OS.

You can use different desktop in Ubuntu.
>>
>>59155417
Fun enough, Ryzen do have older PCI support, see the B350 motherboards with PCI slots, and i'm pretty sure there would be one with ISA ports, just that it will be some custom made board for a certain machinery (and expensive as fuck).
>>
>>59156134

It always defaulted to signed applications and store apps you retard.

The only thing that changed was that completely disabling it requires the terminal so that retard users don't hang themselves.
>>
>>59157770
Just install openSUSE + KDE if you want to configure everything with a GUI
>>
>>59155059

>AMD will provide drivers, the problem is MICROSOFT will not patch the OS for compatibility with advanced cpu features.

So exactly the same as what Intel is doing? Shitpost with something else.
>>
>>59154292
yes, retard. It was.

Any normal person can mantain his Windows updated with no problems. Normies don't update their OS, and then fucking complain when Microsoft tries to fix that for them.
>>
>>59154786
>No it clearly updates in the middle of doing something

It doesn't update during Active Hours. Fuck off, retard.
>>
>keep windows 7 partition to play games
>boot into arch for everything else

explain to me how this won't work
>>
>>59158633
>when Microsoft tries to fix that for them.
Either you are really dumb because you fell for a marketing stunt
Or you're a pajeeeeet

>>59158650
"Active hours" is fucking bullshit for basement dwellers, we are always awake at completely random times during the day
>>
Send back your paid shills microsoft. Disabled by default is going to lead to forced enabled. I bet you that by the end of the year it'll be opt in or worse.
>>
>>59154048
logic
people are watching other people trying to break Win 10 Cloud and they can't, so they're just posting results
>>
>>59149887
"was $20, now $2."

Uhh. Sure.
>>
>>59154048
If your computer is forcefully "upgraded" to windows cloud, you won't even be able to run an USB creator like rufus
>>
>>59149887

>8-Zip

I uninstall all Universall apps (including store) on every win10 PC I touch. That store is just a cesspool of fake botnet apps.
>>
So what now? What linux is good enough for a windows user?
>>
>>59149291

> He actually installed Windows 10

> #Win7MR
>>
File: 2017-02-28 07_21_36-System.png (51KB, 710x384px) Image search: [Google]
2017-02-28 07_21_36-System.png
51KB, 710x384px
>>59159561
OP here.
I use Windows 7.
>>
>>59150124
Do you seriously want computers to go down the shit road that Android went?
Enjoy not pooing in the loo I guess
>>
>First it will be disabled by default and optional
>Next it will be enabled by default and optional
>Next it will be enabled by default and not optional and require a cloud login or Win10 stops working altogether
>>
>>59154048
If you can do that then you can avoid getting cucked and just run any GNU/Linux distro, and pirate Win10Pro in a VM or passthrough
>>
File: JUST.png (43KB, 224x225px) Image search: [Google]
JUST.png
43KB, 224x225px
>All the GOG installers I downloaded will be worthless cause ranjeet thinks xbox eco system is better.
>>
File: joyingly shitposts.gif (799KB, 500x374px) Image search: [Google]
joyingly shitposts.gif
799KB, 500x374px
Windows 7 literally doesn't have this problem
>>
>>59160313
>wine is better for windows programs than windows
>>
>>59154240
They do force you on iOS.
>>
Remember to make new threads about this
Pajeet is fucking real, I spotted a Vietnamese microsoft shill in a similar thread on /v/ earlier
>>
>>59150028
sadly this, knowing microsoft
well, it's about I abandoned Win10 ship and moved back to 7
>>
If worst comes to worst I will just reinstall Win7.
>>
>>59149316
Free Windows 10 update was also optional.

then you had to click this tiny text to decline
then you had to click this tiny text to decline FOR NOW and closing the window meant accepting the update
then you had to click this tiny text to SCHEDULE AN UPDATE to a later time
in the end there was no escape unless you messed with registry and/or 3rd party software

won't be long till the same happens with Windows Store lock
>>
>tfw microsoft now even delivers bios updates over windows update, automatically
I'm serious
>>
>>59149514
April the 1st, maybe?
>>
>>59159330
As someone who's only started using Linux last October for school reasons, yes ubuntu 16.04 LTS. You will need to learn some things about the terminal if you want to actually use it but thanks to Google anyone who's ever hit compile on anything should be able to work with it.

True story: yesterday I spent 5 hours installing Slade3 because it uses many outdated packages that are not available on yakkety anymore. Tried wine, tried compiling from source, in the end I had to install libpng12-0 from the Debian repository and that was it. I'm just saying, this is what you're getting into if you're going to be installing even ubuntu. Now someone is certainly going to reply with "well you shouldn't have been a retard and x" where x is a bash command, likely apt-get add deb debianrepositories.org to which I say... Yeah i Should have, but I didn't know that at the time so fuck you.

Anyway the bottom line is ubuntu will also discourage you from installing anything that's not available on the Ubuntu software store but it's actually kinda endearing "THIS SOFTWARE IS 3RD PARTY IT MAY NOT BE FREE REEEEE"
>>
>>59160753
Is it? Idk I really only tried it on R63 and it couldn't even get the menu working at more than 0.3 fps.
I'll admit that using wine really is totally idiotproof
>>
>>59161166
Thanks fampai
>>
Bird:
>>59161166

>No official downloads for SLADE on linux are currently offered, however if you are using a debian based distribution

App developer has plenty of choices to either provide universal distro-indiffrent appimage or flatpack, deb & rpm installable, package the app for official ubuntu respository (and or other distros) etc.

It doesn't make end user experience any different but what you are saying is: be prepared for less developer support for your platform. Because it's not some inherent issue that makes installing it painful process. There is plenty of options to distribute apps outside of official store.
>>
>>59149291
Add that to the list of reasons to avoid Windows 10.
>>
File: boi.png (366KB, 671x522px) Image search: [Google]
boi.png
366KB, 671x522px
>>59149291
Are you linuxfags done or is there something else you gotta complain about.

You shits dont't even use the OS godamnit
>>
>>59161326
>no argument
>>
>>59161290
Yes I added the drdteam repository to apt and tried apt-get install slade but it had a considerable number of dependencies on packages like the aforementioned libpng which had to be installed manually since they're not available on 16.10's ubuntu repository.

Basically what's I'm saying is "debian's default package management is Exhibit A in a long list of reasons to avoid walled gardens"

If you had the same problem on windows you'd download a .dll and plop it in somewhere and you can do the same thing with .deb but since I've done everything with apt-get up to that point I had to relearn that shit.

Ironic, isn't it? I managed to get complacent in how easy apt and synaptic are to use and forgot that you could do the same thing I've always done in windows since the dawn of time
>>
>>59161326
But I do use both Linux and Windows
>>
At this rate they'll sell windows 10 free of charge and focus on selling software for it.
>>
>>59162399
They are already doing that. You can still upgrade for free from win7 or 8.
>>
>>59162488
If you have a license for those which you must have paid, so it's not free, raj. It never was free.
>>
>>59149316
Because if it were forced on you fucks would have more to complain about.
>>
>>59162488
I mean the OS itself being completely free of charge to install. With the rate it's going, it'll be able to support itself entirely through ads rather than windows licenses.
>>
>>59149514

Windows 10 Cloud will replace Windows 10 RT NOT Home.
>>
>>59162674
"Windows 10 RT" doesn't even exist. What the fuck are you talking about?
>>
>>59162674
Microsoft wants a universal windows where they get full control. They want a windows without unauthorized third party apps from their store.
>>
>>59162731

What i'm trying to say is, that they will not replace Windows 10 Home with Windows 10 Cloud.
This Cloud Thing is somthing like Windows RT.
They will NOT replace Home, Pro etc.

>>59162763
Oh you're quiet Paranoid, i'll give you that. But this conspiracy theory isn't going to happen. Get real und think about it. WHY should Microsoft do this?
>They want a windows without unauthorized third party apps from their store
What?
>>
>>59162859
Microsoft wants to only allow authorized apps on their OS. That means if the walled garden doesn't approve of your program, you're fucked.
>>
>>59162859
>They will NOT replace Home, Pro etc.
>not realizing that they could do it and it would be basically their next logical step
>>
>>59162886
Yeah, but again: They will NOT replace Windows 10 Cloud with Windows 10 Home

>>59162911
Yes they could, but that doesn't mean they would do it!
>next logical step
What next logical step?

Again, even more conspiracy theories. That's why /g/ sucks. Get real and start comming up with some real Arguments instead of this "they could do it means they will do it!!1111!!"

So, my question (again) is: Why SHOULD they do it?
>>
>>59162969
It's just a prediction
We will know more in 1-2 months

I'm just preparing you for the possibility that they COULD get away with it and that the marketing bullshit has already started, just not for the most extreme version which only allows store apps.
>>
>>59162985

No they could not get away with it.
Just >>59157685
>>
>>59149291
So they basically brought some gpo functuonality to plebs?
>>
>>59157685
Windows RT. Mac OS.
>>
>>59163058
Of course they could and we already know their motive for doing so
>>59163213
Mac OS only has developer certificates, they don't require you to use their store
Windows RT was the first attempt at this and failed. But now the users have no choice since MS will just install the "upgrade" even if they don't want it.
>>
>>59154157
Win32 module for $999.95/year, available only for Windows Enterprise.
>>
>>59155050
I don't update because don't trust corporations. 3rd party kgb sponsored wirewall rules tho.
>>
>>59167694
>>
>>59149291
>windows
Found your problem
>>
>>59162674
only affects ARM

holy shit, who cares.
>>
So, whats the proper way to use Win10?. I found this around the other day, but i don't know which tool to use:

http://www.ghacks.net/2015/08/14/comparison-of-windows-10-privacy-tools/

I just want it for games since i already use Debian for important stuff.
>>
>>59170245
Use a Wifi connection and set it as metered. That prevents all updates and "app offers" or whatever from downloading. Sure, you miss out on security updates, but if you're doing nothing but gaming, that shouldn't really matter.
I haven't updated in months. Feels great.
>>
>>59156892
>No they didn't, their warning was merely "this extension isn't signed, continue anyway?"
And now you can't install unsigned extensions on Firefox stable period.
>>
>>59153083
dude, fucking us an os you have never touched, tell us all these stories about how you know where everything is and how everything works.
>>
>>59156867
>>59156816
xp still gets software updates.
>>
>>59160918
have not updated windows sense before that bullshit went down... god I would have fucking hated that so much.
>>
>>59154731
>We gave you the os for free, now we update you to something that pays us back for that free os.
>>
>>59154775
drivers for ryzen on 7 are already out.
>>
File: WANDOWS.png (39KB, 929x1081px) Image search: [Google]
WANDOWS.png
39KB, 929x1081px
Wish me luck /g/uys!
>>
>>59171597
Wow, there's at least one person on /g/ that knows how to Google. Holy shit - I'm impressed.
>>
>>59172886
I want this shit, but I have to buy my copy of Win10 first and I'm poor.
It has some nice new features for Bash.
>>
>>59172909
Read this:
https://forums.mydigitallife.info/threads/64770-How-to-upgrade-from-W7-8-1-without-going-through-the-complete-upgrade-process
>>
>>59149514
Who even uses home edition??
>>
>>59154315
>People are too fucking stupid to just apply updates to their system
On the flip side Windows is too fucking stupid to consistently release stable updates. When an update; breaks group policy, SMB shares, or shoves out adware in a security patch then the update service becomes untrustworthy.
>>
>>59149291
>MS actually claimed, recently, that cpu suport will not be backported to older win10 releases. that means when intel release a new cpu platform, you will have to upgrade to "curent" win10 build, can't stay on "original" win10.
>That news angered enterprises that were banking on LTSB for stable platform.

fuck. I genuinely hope a shit ton of enterprise users jump ship and use a different OS like an enterprise implementation of Linux or some shit just so Microsoft will have to stop this kiking to remain relevant because the desktop market is dying
>>
File: hurr_durr.jpg (98KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
hurr_durr.jpg
98KB, 600x450px
>>59154775
>CPU drivers
>>
File: 1486831477043.jpg (18KB, 600x238px) Image search: [Google]
1486831477043.jpg
18KB, 600x238px
Should I actually worry about running windows 7 when the security updates are abandoned?

Shouldn't I be fine if I use common sense and an antivirus?

Or am I just making myself vulnerable to some retards infected computer that shares my network?

Not sure if this is a valid worry or not.
Thread posts: 214
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.