[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

My iPhone 6s got stolen, and I bought an old Sony Xperia Z3 Compact

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

File: download.jpg (8KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
8KB, 225x225px
My iPhone 6s got stolen, and I bought an old Sony Xperia Z3 Compact in pretty much new condition off a friend.
I've never had an android, is this phone a piece of shit, or is it decent?
The camera seems to suck, but I've heard it has good battery life at least.
What's something useful android can do that ios couldn't?
>>
>>59143081
>iPhone
Found your problem.
>>
>What's something useful android can do that ios couldn't?
You can flash 50 different pajeet roms
>>
>>59143081
>Android can do that ios couldn't.
Root, more control, more free apps, decent adblocker (when root) which can block ads in apps, wifi password recovery (when root), app cloning (when root), custom 'action center' or power toggles, widgets on homescreen, better notification center (since Lollipop).
>>
>>59143081
Enjoy your malfunctioning touchscreen 1 year from now
>>
>>59143178
This and a broken charging port.
>>
I had one for a bit and it was neat. Battery life was great, and it was shockingly fast even with all the stock bloat - with a slimmed down ROM it would've been absurd.

"Would've" is the operative word there because the fucking thing broke. Build quality is one of the biggest issues with the phone. I got mine new and the screen shattered to bits because I bumped into the edge of a door as someone was coming through. That had to be a defect but, still - get a fucking case on that phone if you're gonna use it.
>>
>>59143169
Good goy
>>
>>59143117
wtf i love anime now
>>
>>59143178
>>59143197
mine's still perfectly fine, and I bought it in the first month since release
>>
>>59143081
>Z3 series camera is worse than any Iphone
Lol
>>
I want to get a semi-cheap smart phone pretty much for wifi browsing and some other stuff, but no phone. Let's say $200 dollar absolute cap.

What is the best phone I can get for that? Willing to get used, but prefer new or factory refurbished.
>>
>>59143081
I've got mine for 1.5 years, and it's an amazing phone. Great battery life, to this day I still get consistent 5-6 hours of SoT, even without Greenify and Amplify. The camera is indeed not great though, especially on low-light conditions, and rooting is a pain in the ass, but it can be done.
>>
>>59143545
Maybe some xiaomi. Just don't use it at all until you flash a different rom.
>>
Rooting Sony phones will nuke the camera drm keys.
>>
>>59143081
>What's something useful android can do that ios couldn't?
There's emulation so you can play old snes, Sega, psp and so on games but everything that requires decent controls will frustrate you a lot. 4chan apps are also a thing on Android. There are probably others but that's what made the difference for me at least.
>>
>>59143178
>>59143197
Dude what mine is still fine but the actual glue holding the screen has failed and my z3 screen completely came off and on my z3 compact the top now comes off
>>
>>59144764
You can actually root without unlocking the bootloader, if you downgrade to 4.4 and use a exploit, then flash a modified ROM.
>>
every sony xperia i've ever seen is an absolutely piece of trash, both on hardware and software and will start to fall apart within a month

there are good android tho
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.