[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

is there and OS that REALLY just werks? what's the best

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

is there and OS that REALLY just werks? what's the best route to go if you are willing to tweak a few things to get it to fit your needs but it won't constantly break like a piece of shit?
>>
manjaro (in theory)
nothing (in practice)
>>
>>59142516
Windows 7 master race and cuck here. Just use ubuntu and btfo.
>>
>>59142516
I mean honestly, windows.

If you really need linux compatibility, then mac.
>>
maybe I'm just lucky, but every OS I've ever used "just worked"
>>
File: 373483458.jpg (4KB, 263x44px) Image search: [Google]
373483458.jpg
4KB, 263x44px
>>59142906
>>
>>59142516
Windows 10

Lincucks get out, your OS cant run 90% of all software out there and for get everything to "werk" you need to mess with the terminal for atleast 1 hour to get anything to be decent.
>>
>>59142516
Ubuntu. They literally comb that motherfucker and make him wear a bow tie for you.
>>
>>59143623
+1. win 95, win 98, win xp, win 7, linux mint, macOS. every one of these just worled.
>>
>>59144055
Windows has no drivers or software installed.

>>59142516
Ubuntu
>>
>>59142516
Ubuntufags have no fucking clue. Shit tries to be all that, but it's not. You want something enterprise-grade in terms of stability & comes with all your usual standard programs, go for openSUSE Leap, or LMDE 2 if you wanna stick with deb packages.
>>
MacOS

Unless you're poor.
>>
Windows just werks if you're okay with being spied on
Ubuntu GNU/Linux just werks until an update breaks it
OSX just werks if you want a proprietary UNIX clone
iOS just werks if you're willing to pay more for less features
Android just werks until it doesn't... that's it really
Windows Phone just werks... pretty much always. Shame it's fucking dead.
>>
>>59142516

macOS
>>
>>59142516
For what purpose OP?

> Office machine that can deal with Outlook and MS Office
Windows 10 Professional is your best bet.
It's flawed but your best choice.

> Office machine that doesn't need to use MS stack
Mint or Ubuntu.

> Production machine
Ubuntu.
It even runs MS SQL Server now. And will get ASP.net, so you can run your MS-stack stuff on it.

> PaaS and other internal cloud stuff
Ubuntu. Seriusly, JuJu is 10/10 pretty good.

> Development machine
If you're developing for Windows, Windows 10. You don't get to complain about the botnet, because you literally asked for it.
Otherwise, Mint or Ubuntu.

> How do I choose between Mint and Ubuntu?
Use both for a week. You'll grow to prefer one.
>>
>>59142516
you ain't born just work, don't expect OSes will
>>
>>59146094
>JuJu is 10/10
But muh kube
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.