[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

point of sale software and hardware that work with Linux? With

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: the general store1.png (304KB, 735x466px) Image search: [Google]
the general store1.png
304KB, 735x466px
point of sale software and hardware that work with Linux?
With hardware I mean any: printers, scales, cash drawers, barcode scanners, card readers or all in one package as in the picture, that work with Linux.
>>
No because pos vendors are literally Jews
>>
>>59135467
Just get a cheap Win XP computer with no internet connection.
>>
>>59135467
Barcode scanners are just input devices.

Printers can be written to like a file, the cash draws usually plug into them so you trigger the release by character
>>
>>59135588
there's isn't any chink pos vendor supporting linux?
>>
>linux

lel
>>
>>59135467
Why are you interested in it?
>>
>>59135594
that's what we did, we have 5 computers with xp and 2 with linux, only the ones with linux have internet connection. But even with this security measures 3 windows computers got infected with a virus, it wasn't all that destructive, was kinda like the recycler virus. But still, nobody wants virus on the computers that pay your bills. We got rid of the virus but after that I wanted to base the business on linux only, as after 9 years it hasn't crash (well, only once because of a hard drive failure), or got with viruses.
>>
>>59135771
>>59135671
see >>59135916
>>
>>59135624
So far I've tested our usb barcode reader and it works just fine with ubuntu 16.04. Do you think the cash drawer and the printer will work too with any POS software for linux?
>>
>>59135594
>>59135916
Wasn't microsoft releasing a new lite version of XP which was built purely for PoS solutions?

I can't remember it for the life of me beyond possibly being called XP embedded or something.
>>
>>59135467
the majority of POS and other shit like this use Windows Embedded
>>
>>59136013
I've not used any POS software, but just dicking around sending bytes to the printer has worked fine so far so I'd assume so.
>>
>>59135947
Well I'm not sure for all the parts but for the printers if you know the protocol in which to communicate with it then I think you can use any thing (linux, windows, embedded system...).

Also I if you want to use ICC or Contactless cards you will need a POS terminal to read the cards in (I think there are no ICC readers bulid in a register). You might connect a ICC reader to a computer but I think every one would be scared to use his card if it dosen't look profesional.

Verifone is preparing to deploy linux based POS terminal like in
>>59135947
>>
>>59136396
sorry I mean this (Verifone is preparing to deploy linux based POS terminal like in):
>>59135771
>>
>>59136453
That's good to know, any release date?
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.