[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I left my usb in a pc at my uni and some fucker of my class took

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: memoria-usb.jpg (33KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
memoria-usb.jpg
33KB, 520x520px
I left my usb in a pc at my uni and some fucker of my class took it and didn't returned it. Fortunately the usb was encrypted, but is there any way to track down a lost usb?

I mean, that memory is lost, but can I prepare a new one for transmitting data every time is plugged in and there is internet access?
>>
>>59125261
No. No sane OS uses autoruns for flash drives nowadays.
>>
> pro tip you can't
most operating systems disable autoruns to prevent script kiddies from reaching havoc to public PC's (and for personal protection as well).
>>
>>59125272
in high school I made a small program running in the background that copied all of the documents folder to the USB drive (which was like 64mb lel). My friends and I hoped to get maybe exams from a teacher PC when we plugged it in for a presentation, but it didn't work because we didn't get the PC username right.
>>
Wasn't this thread posted before?
>>
File: usb-killer-tester[1].jpg (39KB, 600x442px) Image search: [Google]
usb-killer-tester[1].jpg
39KB, 600x442px
Just buy a USB Killer and be done with it.
People will eventually learn to not steal USB flash drives, since they won't have any USB ports left available to use them with.
Or if they're unlucky their entire motherboard gets fried.
>>
>>59125261
This is why you install malware on all your USB drives.
>>
>>59125472
that sounds interesting, can you install it in a way that is safe to you but totally fucks up an unauthorized pc?
>>
>>59125261
I hope you aren't paying for English courses.
>>
>>59125664
Write the malware yourself. Calling home from your own computer isn't an issue and if you want to issue commands then you can easily check if it is within your network or a known computer name before doing anything.
>>
>>59125261
Try my way.
Install ransomware on your USB flash drive.
That way they will be more than happy to return your "lost" USB flash drives.
>>59125272
Elaborate more?
With the exception of Win10, all versions of windows uses autorun.
Even some linux distro are compromised because the removable media are not mounted with --no-exec flag
>>
>>59125324
>autorun.inf
That is disabled in most windows versions.
However many malware doesn't use that anymore.
A simple exe/scr/vbr is more than enough.
It uses an exploit in the windows thumbnail generator.
>>
>>59125261
You could put an executable on it that connects to a server somewhere that you control and reports its ip adress to you.

but they have to be dumb enough to run it.
>>
>>59125261
Where do you live that ppl steal pendrives at uni, lol.
>>
>>59125261
I found a red SanDisk USB last week in class at uni. Is it yours?
>>
>>59130543
Run file recovery application and post results.
>>
>>59130573
You're not getting your files back. It's mine now.
>>
File: 1450644002998.jpg (31KB, 538x404px) Image search: [Google]
1450644002998.jpg
31KB, 538x404px
I once found a USB flash drive.
After excluding it's a Killer USB, and taking measures against BADUSB.
I've plugged it into a machine with unmounted HDD running live session of puppy linux from writing protected optical media, and started file recover application.
And people said you can't recover things from USB flash drives.
There were a lot of malwares though.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.