[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DEAR cryptographically-knowledgeable amongst you, I will trade

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: o73ueHs.jpg (104KB, 720x714px) Image search: [Google]
o73ueHs.jpg
104KB, 720x714px
Let me treat you to a tale;
A re-countering of last Friday’s storm…. and how I’ve come to you for help.

Ideally, if I’ve done my job correctly, and entertained at least one of the cryptographically-knowledgeable amongst you, I will trade sacred texts for key…

For you see, the sky had promised cruelty all morning, and by the time I was downtown, it had delivered. Menus, napkins – yea even plastic-bar-tab-trays hefty with cash-and-coin railed horizontally from the wind, directly into my slim frame. Cold and damp, yet invigorated by the storm, I drank mescal-lated (mescal being tequila's cousin) beverages late into the evening.

Now, I mentioned my frame being slight, however, I feel it is pertinent to mention that I was once a sailor. For seven years I lived upon a ship – and though I may not look the part, a sailor’s life suited me well. And this particular morning/afternoon/evening the drinks were going down as nectar… somewhere around nine, flushed and afire, after I had closed my tab for the fourth time and about to order a driver, a seaman walked into my field of vision.

Now, before I continue, I’d like to make sure there is interest from the audience…
In particular, someone capable and willing to help me in my dilemma.

???
>>
Well hell, I'll post the rest of my story, even though no one cares; because I cannot think of anything else.

Now, I didn’t recognize that he was a sailor, at this point, it was enough that he was human. And I ordered him a seat next to mine, and a drink, then proceeded to violate his personal space flagrantly; and annoy him; and force myself upon him in shameless displays of drunkenness and overt attraction.

Well, I remember us under a spotlight – engaged in conversation about the trajectory of humanity. About humanity as a superior species and our obligations (my stance) and prerogatives (his stance) to planet Earth…
we talked about aliens and math and sex and somehow – through my raging drunkenness I made an impression on this young man.

For young man he is! I hadn’t noticed until the day after, reminiscing and ruminating over our shared experience… he must a my junior by a decade.

Oh my shame and embarrassment!

BUT there is more to this story, and I promise, I’m getting to the point, to the part where I plead for help: for you see, my lovely sailor friend left me a letter. It was stuffed into a large artillery shell, lettered to me but labeled: “It’s Indecipherable.”

Normally an articulate person, I cannot imagine he would say “indecipherable” unless he really thinks I won’t be able to crack it. And while I only picked up the note today -
I am wrought with expectation! Riling in anticipation!

The clue I was give eludes to a Caesar Cipher… but simple Caesar, it is not.

I run Linux. My question is: Will someone help me with a line of code? Some way I can crack this bitch-of-a-love letter?! (Presuming it IS a love letter…) /sigh
>>
Fuck off cia nigger
>>
I am high right now and even I couldn't find your story interesting. Holy shit it's like you're a fucking confederate soldier trying to fit into the 21st century and failing miserably.
>>
File: winchesterlogo.jpg (38KB, 800x521px) Image search: [Google]
winchesterlogo.jpg
38KB, 800x521px
>>59122747
>wtf am I reading on /g/???

tl;dr you stole sisters phone and bix n00ds plz halp
>>
>>59123159
If its just a more sophisticated subistitution ciper you could try frequency analysis
>>
>>59123159
lol i wrote a program that cracks a monolithic substitution cipher
>>
Thanks, anons.

It ended up being a Vigenere cipher.
I eventually figured out the key word, only a few stubborn lines left!
>>
Post result.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.