[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Daily reminder that Linux gaming is basically Tux Racer and most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 156
Thread images: 20

File: unnamed.jpg (92KB, 1280x720px)
unnamed.jpg
92KB, 1280x720px
Daily reminder that Linux gaming is basically Tux Racer and most Windows games made prior to 1998.
>>
>>59120177
>linux
>gaming
>>
and the 2000 other games found on the steam store that run on Linux natively, and anything that runs on WINE

Linux gaming sucks, but you're overstating it
>>
>>59120177
This is pasta but relevant. Surely it'll make more interesting your thread, no need to thank me.

Not him but the no games argument is not true anymore. Windows is the best os for gaming mostly due to most game developers are trained into developing for it with microsoft's closed APIs, so the simple process of porting a game that was developed for windows to any other platform will affect negatively the performance of the game. This with the fact that the marketshare is small compared to windows there's hardly an incentive at the moment to optimize for linux, making look as if the platform were worse for games than windows when in fact to flip the situation you'll need to change the idiosyncrasies on the industry itself.

The fact though is that the situation on linux is not nearly the same than two years ago and now those who prefer linux over windows now can play games on it, helping to break the vicious circle, but still there's a lot of things to do for linux to compete in the gaming side. I anyone wants for this to change i recommend to play the games you can on linux when possible and ask for linux ports.

I notice some people doesn't want's for this to happen but if that the case let me ask (not directed specifically to the person i'm replying): how are any of you benefited in a meaningful way with the current situation? because i consider that keeping the statu quo just to have a tool to win an argument on what OS is better is not a meaningful thing. how having less options and practically being locked to MS products benefits you?

Some links:
https://steamdb.info/linux/
http://store.steampowered.com/search/?category1=998&os=linux
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yXr8bqzf45Y
https://www.youtube.com/user/tuxreviews/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/airspeedmph
https://www.youtube.com/user/Jakejw93/videos
https://www.youtube.com/user/mrdeathjr28/videos
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AWZvwhwT1Sk
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9gsu_YWUzE
>>
Who fucking cares.
>>
>>59120177
The Linux experience is more entertaining and stimulating than any game.
>>
Why did everyone forget about Alien Arena?
>>
>>59120177
I don't know, I'm playing Half Life 2, and it's pretty nice.
>>
>>59120191
It's actually past 3000 at this point.

Seriously, if you're not super into AAA games, which are getting better and better in terms of Linux support, then Linux has you pretty much covered as specially indie games tend to have Linux versions. When you use commodity engines like UE, Unity and Source with little or no custom shader code then porting your games over to other platforms supported by these engines is almost trivial.
>>
>>59120257
Also remember that the more users is more likely for companies to release their games for linux. If any of you like linux more and want to get more native support try to support those developers who supports linux and play on linux when possible.
>>
Daily reminder that Windows 10 is basically a giant botnet that manipulates your computer and treats you as a child.
>>
>>59120352
The biggest problem i have with windows in general is the fact that microsoft is in a position where they can just not care about criticism, they can basically push whatever they want to their users. I'm 1000 times more willing to forgive bugs and honest mistakes than something that is pushed on me on purpose.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-02-25_20-49-47.png (2MB, 1430x889px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-02-25_20-49-47.png
2MB, 1430x889px
anon come play wow with me
>>
All the best games work better on linux than on windows
>QuakeWorld
>Quake3
>Xonotic
>Warsow
>CS 1.6
even fucking CS:GO works better, always +100~150fps compared to windows and better input
>>
>>59120454
fucking potato graphics, no thanks
>>
File: 1483145978121.jpg (16KB, 200x303px) Image search: [Google]
1483145978121.jpg
16KB, 200x303px
>>59120458
>even fucking CS:GO works better
Not even Valve can hide the fact that Nobody gives enough of a shit to write good drivers for Linux.
>>
>>59120458
>best games
>20 year old garbage

top kek
>>
>>>>>>>>v
>>
>>59120493
That's the fucking point. Games have rarely been decent in the last 20 years. Why is it that the Dark Engine from 199fucking8 is *still* state of the art when it comes to sound propagation simulation?
>>
>>59120204
exactly gaming is literally the only thing that keeps most tech's from switching straight to linux.
>>
>>59120177
Don't care:

The fact Linux doesn't have games, pretty much ensures not enough people use it for it to be a worthy target for viruses and trojans. So I'd rather lose shit like COD and Battlefield in favour of a safe and secure system that has a distinct lack of botnet.
>>
>>59120610
Careful guys, this seems like a set-up.
>>
>>59120642
I assure you it's not, it's in answer to the OP, he says theres no games, I say I don't care if there is or isn't.

Linux's userbase is massively lower than Apple and Microsoft, it does have less games, but lets be honest, who cares? Is all computing about playing stupid games? I don't play them, and I don't care about them, I surf the web, I download videos and music, and I can do all of that. I'm not 12, and if I want games I can pull out my old mega drive and play sonic, or download an emulator.

I don't neither need nor want windows.
>>
Serious question. What is the most recent and/or advanced game made available on Linux? I'm more curious about a proper double or triple A title than some literal who tech demo. For reference, Dirt Rally is out in March for Linux.
>>
>>59120825
D44M
>>
There's also engine rewrites.
https://github.com/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&q=topic%3Areimplementation&type=Repositories&ref=searchresults
>>
I'm playing WoW right now
>>
>>59120825
civilization, football manager

linux gaming is basically virtualization
>>
>>59120860
That looks like shit. I get more graphical fidelity on Liberty City Stories on my fucking PSP.
>>
>>59120860
Why is it called Open Rewrite?
>>
File: rwgame 2017-02-25 16-38-18-09.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
rwgame 2017-02-25 16-38-18-09.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>59120975
Well that is an old screenshot, and it's running the game unmoddified. Here's a shot from a more recent build, still unmodded though.
>>59121128
Because it's an open source rewrite of the RenderWare engine.
>>
File: 1487488971066.gif (1MB, 245x280px) Image search: [Google]
1487488971066.gif
1MB, 245x280px
>>59120860
>the best linux gaming has to offer is a broken rewrite of a 16 year old PS2 game
>>
>>59120975
>That looks like shit.
GTA3 always looked like shit
>>
>>59121157
Would it work for other RenderWare games?
>>
>>59121252
That's the plan eventually, but only GTA3 works right now.
>>
>>59120825
Square Enix likes Linux, theres Tomb Raider, Deus Ex and Hitman. Theyre also supporting Metal which is a surprise. Also check out Total Warhammer.
>>
>>59121252
>>59121286
What else was RenderWare?
Vice City, SA?
Maybe stuff like Bully?
>>
>>59121304
burnout, tony hawk off the top of my head

lots of other ps2 era games as well
>>
File: 1487973748100.jpg (64KB, 620x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487973748100.jpg
64KB, 620x600px
>>59121304
Uh, prepare yourself:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_RenderWare_games
>>
>>59121373
Love me some Max Payne.
>>
>>59120558
Not an argument
>>
File: 2538.jpg (189KB, 1430x558px) Image search: [Google]
2538.jpg
189KB, 1430x558px
>>59120177
At least Linux has Katawa Shoujo
>>
>>59120177
Tux Racer is a fun game.

>Windows game before 1998
That's like the year windows gaming started go to shit.
>>
>>59120903
too bad overclock and vt-d are mutually exclusive
>>
>>59122232
Not since Skylake onwards.
>>
>>59122032
>crippled autism simulator
>>
>>59122289
Well it did come out of 4chan...
>>
>>59122032
I've found that most VNs work really well in Wine.
>>
>>59122313
It would be pretty sad if they didn't
>>
>>59120458
is Xonotic just another unpopulated quake 3 mod or is it actually good?
>>
>>59120177
But you can play mad Max on Linux
>>
>>59120177
without wine, about 1/4 of the games on my steam account work on linux. With wine, only 4-5 games on it don't work. I don't play many new games though, since games have really gone downhill in the last 5 years.
>>
there is only one game, and it's not even a game it's a sport, and it's called League of Legends

i can play LoL on Linux perfectly with Wine
>>
>>59123444
>games have really gone downhill in the last 5 years.
This.I mean, yeah, sure, the graphics have improved, but the gameplay is shit.
>>
>>59123655

>the graphics have improved

not really
>>
Dirt Rally arrives on Linux in just a few days.

Its supposed to run well on the open source AMD drivers, I'm looking forward to it.
>>
>>59120218
literally millions of people play and buy video games
>>
>>59123655
Most AAA game developers seem to have developed a formula to create games and now all their games feel the same.

finding good indie games is also really hard because of how easy it is now to throw together a bunch of garbage into something that looks like a game, using Unity stock assets.

>>59123678
There have been a few AAA games that have advanced video game graphics, but I don't really care anymore. I play STALKER and CS 1.6 still.
>>
File: no_games_qq.png (128KB, 616x261px)
no_games_qq.png
128KB, 616x261px
oh shit this thread again

>so sad
>>
>>59120244

>alien arena
>based on Quake2 engine w/updates
>quake 2 released 20 years ago

no dawg... just... no.
>>
>>59120177
3000 games on steam plus anything using opengl runs better on wine than windows
>>
>>59120177
>He doesnt know that a lot of AAA games actually get linux ports.
>He doesnt know that parajew games are available on liux.
>>
>>59120177
I'd just like to interject for moment. What you're refering to as Linux, is in fact, GNU/Linux, or as I've recently taken to calling it, GNU plus Linux. Linux is not an operating system unto itself, but rather another free component of a fully functioning GNU system made useful by the GNU corelibs, shell utilities and vital system components comprising a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Many computer users run a modified version of the GNU system every day, without realizing it. Through a peculiar turn of events, the version of GNU which is widely used today is often called Linux, and many of its users are not aware that it is basically the GNU system, developed by the GNU Project.

There really is a Linux, and these people are using it, but it is just a part of the system they use. Linux is the kernel: the program in the system that allocates the machine's resources to the other programs that you run. The kernel is an essential part of an operating system, but useless by itself; it can only function in the context of a complete operating system. Linux is normally used in combination with the GNU operating system: the whole system is basically GNU with Linux added, or GNU/Linux. All the so-called Linux distributions are really distributions of GNU/Linux!
>>
Ha.

https://www.feralinteractive.com/en/games/dawnofwar2/dawnofwar2chaosrising/
>>
File: steamlib.png (17KB, 106x260px) Image search: [Google]
steamlib.png
17KB, 106x260px
>>59120177

i like this meme

i fucking love this meme

but over half my steam library is nix compat
>>
>>59126673
I'm terribly sorry for interjecting another moment, but what I just told you is GNU/Linux is, in fact, just Linux, or as I've just now taken to calling it, Just Linux. Linux apparently does happen to be a whole operating system unto itself and comprises a full OS as defined by POSIX.

Most computer users who run the entire Linux system every day already realize it. Through a peculiar turn of events, I was misled into calling the system "GNU/Linux", and until now, I was unaware that it is basically the Linux system, developed by the Linux project.

There really isn't a GNU/Linux, and I really wasn't using it; it is an extraneous misrepresentation of the system that's being used. Linux is the operating system: the entire system made useful by its included corelibs, shell utilities, and other vital system components. The kernel is already an integral part of the Linux operating system, never confined useless by itself; it functions coherently within the context of the complete Linux operating system. Linux is never used in combination with GNU accessories: the whole system is basically Linux without any GNU added, or Just Linux. All the so-called "GNU/Linux" distributions are really distributions of Linux.
>>
File: Applicable for Linux too.png (1MB, 1390x925px) Image search: [Google]
Applicable for Linux too.png
1MB, 1390x925px
>>59120177
>not using emulators
>playing games made in the current decade
>>
>>59120177
linux is a kernel, retard
>>
I would switch to linux if I could decently play League of Legends on it and I'm not trolling, Wine looks pure shit and have bug issues
>>
>>59120177
Linux has plenty of F to experience for you kiddo.
>>
>>59120458
AssaultCube
>>
>>59127390

>living in the past

I bet you love those "only 90s kids will remember these!" lists.
>>
>>59120177
And all of these.

http://store.steampowered.com/search/?sort_by=Released_DESC&tags=-1&category1=998&os=linux
>>
>>59120177
Assault Cube is pretty fun
>>
>>59128068
but half of these games are from 2000s
>>
>>59120389
Only recently took the plunge and switched my desktop to a Linux Distro (settled with Xubuntu) after being tempted for so long after installing windows 10. Only been dabbling with Ubuntu on my laptop prior once in a blue moon.

Giving up on some of the tools I am used to and really mostly the large library of games I have accumulated over the years was a hard sell.

Honestly I would have stuck with windows had they adhered to a similar model as win7 instead of going full 1984. Haven't they learned from the XBone scare?

It is tough, I miss being able to just pop almost any relatively new device without second thought and have it work out of the box (especially wireless cards). And everything remaining relatively stable after installing a wide range of programs on it aside from the occasional hiccup (FUCKING FORCED UPDATES, and waiting for them to finish).

What really sold me and gave me the last push I needed was checking and finding out that all my hardware supports PCIE passthrough on a VM (Mobo, CPU, and GPU support vt-x and vt-d) with relatively low performance loss based on some youtube footage I have seen.

So now cross compatabilty shouldn't be as big an issue and windows can be contained in its own sandbox, not sure if it is possible for it to break out of VM layer. It won't make me immune from any other forms of invasion of privacy but at least my door is not fully open for intruders.

Furthermore, I realised most of my desktop usage consisted of using an internet browser and media player. Most of my games sit picking up dust in my library untouched with few that I play on a regular basis depending on my mood most of which are not very demanding since I rarely play AAA these days.

As far as tools are concerned I found reasonable substitutes such as KiCAD for PCB design which is good enough for hobby work and all my programming needs aside from perhaps C# are covered.
>>
File: library123.jpg (926KB, 2547x1083px)
library123.jpg
926KB, 2547x1083px
>>59120177
>Video games

Absolutely disgusting.
>>
File: 1442324879906.jpg (95KB, 499x372px) Image search: [Google]
1442324879906.jpg
95KB, 499x372px
>>59128165
I had not heard of KiCAD, but had been thinking about PCB suites

I am an electrical engineer soon

t. regards clappy American
>>
>>59120177
but XCOM 2 faggot
>>
Thank god Rocket League is on Linux
>>
>>59128188
> pretends he started with greeks
/lit/
>>
>>59120177
Gaming has been dead infected with DRM and dlc cancer for over 10 years
>>
>>59128279
>Greenlit games
>DLC before a game is finished
>DRM that ends games within 1-2 years
>re-releases of great franchises with the name of the original that are broke and get the series buried
Gaming is dead.
>>
>>59120257
Not sure about Source tho, it renders in DirextX and then translates to OpenGL, at least in CS:GO
>>
>>59120177
>comparing a kernel to a complete operating system
every time, fucking computer illiterates
>>
>>59120177
>Daily reminder that Linux gaming is basically Tux Racer and most Windows games made prior to 1998.
so?
>>
Meh, I can live without the AAA releases.

I've got FTL, Kerbal Space Program, Prison Architect, Rimworld, Civ V & VI, Total War: Warhammer and pretty much every Paradox Interactive title.

Apart from Fallout 4, I can't think of any relatively recent releases I've wanted to play that haven't been available for SteamOS/Linux.
>>
>>59120177
>Tux Racer
WTF, I fucking love Linux now

Btw, Windows gaming is basically Minesweeper and Solitaire (just $3 from the Windows 10 store)
>>
>>59128220
Mostly been using altium at university, haven't played around with KiCad yet but based on some quick overview videos I have seen it seems to have all the basics covered with simple UI.

It Also works on windows which is nice, so you can have a play around with it making a few footprints and simple circuits and what have you with minimal hassle and no zero risk of dealing with copyright trolls.

Every other tool on windows seemed to have some big catch, apparently the free version of eagle was decent on windows for a while until autocad took it and reamed it in the ass with their bullshit.

I haven't really played with any other tools besides altium and only did some browsing around. Altium was pretty fucking sweet, most professionals use it for a reason but forking out an initial $9000 or having to deal with bullshit limitations on lower cost licenses is a huge barrier if you are working in a small business.

For this reason, a fair amount of small businesses fed up with the companies ripping them off with their incompatible licensing restrictions have started picking it up as well since there are no catches. Some of which contribute part of their earnings as donations to keep the project running or help out by contributing to development if there is some feature they need.

Not like small businesses that dabble with electronics would profit of off making their own PCB design software so GPL licensing doesn't get in the way of making a profit.
>>
Fucking Quake Live

I'm still angry that ID turned a great stand alone client into a piece of crap for steam with half the functionality and removed the Linux support.
>>
>>59120825

Probably Deus Ex: Mankind Divided
>>
>>59120177
Who the fuck cares? Gaming is for manchildren.
>>
>>59128309
Press and hold F to pay your respects.
>>
>>59127422
saying GNU/linux every bloody time you are having a casual conversation is a mouthful. Linux is a single word that just rolls off the tongue and gets the point across why do people have to be so autistic about it.
>>
>>59128385
>just $3 from the Windows 10 store
Minesweeper costs money now?
>>
>>59120558
I good audio design makes a comeback with VR, since spatial audio goes hand in hand with positional tracking.

Even if you dislike VR or it doesn't kick off as a medium at the very least some of those tools would be made available to developers for non VR titles.
>>
>>59128677
Ads and locking features behind a paywall unless you subscribe for premium.
>>
>>59120177
>and most Windows games made prior to 1998
Even those games run worse on Linux. It's actually amazing when you think about it.
>>
>>59128165
>>59128220
>>59128401
haven't heard about kicad either, been using eagle the past 12 years or so.
They do things a bit differently, but I think it might be worth it.
Thanks.
>>
>>59128755
Goddamn, hearing shit like that makes me so glad I switched to linux 6 years ago.
>>
>>59128756
>Even those games run worse on Linux
Yeah, if you use a system from 1998 maybe. Otherwise, no, you're full of shit pajeet, and so is your street.
>>
>>59128818
I hope vulkan takes off.
>>
>>59128188
Is that calibre on Linux senpai?
>>
>>59128875
You have to be a real microshill to not want this. DX12 is literally cancer.
>>
>>59123756
So? Stop making threads about video games.
>>
>>59126749
How are you running VR? in VM or using OSVR?
Haven't gotten around to running my Vive in linux, but I have seen some people successfully run their steam library using GPU passthrough.

Wonder how long it will take for Valve to finally getting around to adding linux support to SteamVR.
>>
>>59120474
Just use the fucking proprietary driver you faggot
>>
>>59129151
>use the fucking proprietary driver
wow
>>
>>59128220
>>59128786
Hi, Kicad is pretty neat but is under heavy development. It started to grow a lot since people from the CERN got interested and started to collaborate.

http://www.ohwr.org/projects/cern-kicad/wiki

You can check this PDF about what was worked for the upcoming version 5 and what is planned for the version 6.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8ng6CtJ1Hh6NU11UTRrbzZBYjg/view

Kicad has some really neat features, most notably right now the interactive router:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CCG4daPvuVI

If you're interested in the development you can check the git log and it's very active:

https://git.launchpad.net/kicad/log/?h=master

It has changed a lot since the stable version 4, if you're interested into testing the new features you can install the nightly builds, instructions for both are included in the download pages:

http://kicad-pcb.org/download/
>>
>>59129095
>Wonder how long it will take for Valve to finally getting around to adding linux support to SteamVR.
They recently released the beta.
https://www.gamingonlinux.com/articles/steamvr-for-linux-is-now-officially-in-beta.9156
>>
>>59129669
oh shit, thanks
>>
>>59129204
What?
>>
>>59128965
Yeah.

Wish it had highlight function tho
>>
>>59120177
What ENB is that?
>>
>>59120474
>Not even Valve can hide the fact that Nobody gives enough of a shit to write good drivers for Linux.
Except for nvidia it used to be like this but since steam for linux was released the quality of the drivers started to improve a lot. AMD used to not give a shit about linux to the point their GPUs was practically unusable: you needed to either use the open source driver with good stability and practically no bugs but with very low performance on games and no power management or the full featured but extremely buggy and unstable FGLRX drivers. Believe me, FGLRX was horrible and on top of that AMD never updated it to work with recent versions of the kernel and xorg.

Now AMD has deprecated FGLRX and released a lot of documentation about their hardware and a lot of parts of their old driver, including an initiative to be a lot more open regarding their developer tools too:

https://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=GPUOpen-Launches

This has as result:
- Now they provide an hybrid proprietary driver called AMDGPU PRO. This driver isolates the proprietary parts into the user space (the opengl implementation for example) and uses open source kernel modules. So it can work fine with any recent version of the kernel and xorg.
- The open source driver now is pretty good and provides good performance, in fact now the drivers for Nvidia, Intel and AMD are OGL 4.5 compliant in mesa. So AMD has become the best option for those who wants open source drivers and hardware that works ootb on linux. Even valve has people working in the AMD driver now.

While Nvidia doesn't gives a shit about open source except regarding tegra, installing their proprietary driver is easy on most user-oriented distros i have tried and except for tearing it has always worked perfectly for me. Tearing can be fixed easily by enabling either triple buffering or an option called "Force full composition pipeline".
>>
>>59120474
>good drivers for Linux.
What's wrong with the Nvidia drivers? They're the same as the windows drivers...
>>
>>59122371
It's another unpopulated quake 3 mod but it's pretty good when people are playing, if you're EU there are TDM pickups every day and you can find duels real easily on IRC quakenet #xonotic.pickup
>>
>>59122371
>>59130599
actually it's heavily modified darkplaces, quake1 engine
>>
>>59120177
Every single game I tried works on lenix:
Skyrim, Fallout 1/2/3/NV/tactics, all paradox games, * total war, oblivion, rimworld, minecraft, morrowind, sims 3, sims 3 medieval, the curious expedition, wolfenstein(3d/rtcw/et/2009) and tons of vn games
>>
>>59120177
>and most Windows games made prior to 1998.
aka "the golden age of PC gaming"
>>
>>59122032
>western vn

>>59122304
And implemented by reddit cunts.
>>
>>59120177
>and most Windows games made prior to 1998.
this is such a weird meme because you say way more new release support than old

new deus ex? tomb raider? bioshock infinite? yep, got 'em all. don't have a single one of the elder scrolls games, though.
>>
>>59128456
Blame Bethesda who owns the rights to Doom and Quake now. None of them work on GNU/Linux on Steam despite most of them being ported ages ago.
>>
>>59130729
s/say/see
>>
File: Darius_flyer.jpg (41KB, 298x420px) Image search: [Google]
Darius_flyer.jpg
41KB, 298x420px
>>59120177
And any of the hundreds of arcade games that emulate in MAME, many of which are far better than any of the AAA cinematic trash being released today.
>>
>>59130025
I'll consider AMD for my next upgrade if it performs well under linux. Especially after reading about Nvidia intentionally fucking with VM passthrough if windows is guest, not sure if they are still doing this that can be a huge deciding factor even if AMD suffers a small performance penalty in windows overall.

I generally don't give two shits about brands and side with whatever gives me the better performance for my budget. But GFE3 forcing you to fork out email and having to regularly hunt and delete GFE3 setup.exe to keep GFE2 running for access to shadowplay and auto updates, along with rumors of data mining users rubbed me off the wrong way.

To be fair GFE is optional and bloated in general and OBS is good enough not to warrent its use, so I am being a drama queen but it was convenient having all the tools in the one place and being notified of a new driver release along with the description should I need it.

Not like AMD are saints in that regard either, raptr was such a fucking abomination which was removed and replaced with crimson.

Jury is still out on Ryzen as well, no point upgrading from my 4790 for the forseable future, though I am tempted to look into converting my current setup into a home server and messing around with it for scheduled backups of all my devices via network and hosting all my media.

I hope it turns out to be a success because Intel hasn't had any serious competition in the desktop market for a long while.
>>
File: 1487638432167.png (347KB, 454x600px) Image search: [Google]
1487638432167.png
347KB, 454x600px
>>59120257
>use commodity engines like UE, Unity and Source with little or no custom shader code
>>
>>59120454
literally runescape-tier graphics
>>
>>59130873
care to explain your reasoning?
>>
>>59120458
Better input?
???
>>
>>59120177
People above 18yo still play games? LOL
>>
>>59130802
there is the rare diamond in the rough, mostly AA though. Majority of games I frequent lie in that spot where they aren't on a shoe string budget, but don't have a budget high enough to be extremely risk averse.
>>
>>59130986
this lol find something better to do with your time

like shitpost on 4chan
>>
>>59130994
Exactly lol (it means laughing out loud)
>>
>>59120860
MY CHEAP OLDASS VODAFONE ANDROID LOOKS BETTER RUNNING GTA3 LMAO
>>
>>59120177
Get the fuck out, gaymer. The Linux community is full.
>>
>>59130971
more smooth and responsive, probably because of a lack of bloatware and services that are required in windows, since I'm using only dwm+void with xorg-minimal, almost no dpc latency
>>
>>59131150
Full of themselves amirite?
>>
>>59120468
>>59130890
>muh graphics
Yeah bros, cawadooty graphics or bust
>>
>>59120177
Daily reminder that Linux isn't made for children.
>>
File: nice_try.png (93KB, 320x252px) Image search: [Google]
nice_try.png
93KB, 320x252px
>>59131150
>>59131204
nice try
>>
>>59131340
yeah as pathetic as i think linux is i don't think the lack of gaymen is the type of concern that linux users would care about
>>
>>59120177
B-but Heavy gear 1 and 2 never get old!
>>
File: file.png (61KB, 600x316px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
61KB, 600x316px
Wouldnt this piece of shit make Linux gaming more broader and making AAA games actually be playable on linux? Valve was hypeing it up.

Wasnt it released like a year ago?

What happend?
>>
>>59131666
>trips
A little bit of laziness for people not to write their own libraries, a little bit of suppression, apple isn't going to support it, things are still being developed. Give it 5-10 years before it'll be usable by common hobbyists and whether or not it's ever really picked up is up to chance.
>>
>>59128971

I'm convinced that DX12 and UWP exist only because wine is too close.
>>
>>59120558

Name a modern AAA game that lets you host your own servers and write and custom game modes and custom maps.
>>
>>59131852
>UWP
It will crash and burn, just like games for windows live before it.
>>
>>59131736
apple is a straight cunt

not even GL ES 3.1-3.2
>>
>>59127962
I used to play the everliving fuck outta that game. Seems dead these days.
ac_shine all the way.
>>
>>59130025
nvidia can fuck off. That optimus shit killed linux gaming for me. I used to be able to run stuff fine with bumblebee, but now its just black-screen-boot bullshit.
>>
>>59130944
Yeah he's one of these hipster indie devs who write their games in Javascript and use a pixel art avatar on social media.
>>
>>59132198
Oh, i forgot about that. You're right and is also the reason why linus gave them the well deserved middle finger. For non "optimus" setups the nvidia driver is very good but for optimus setups it must be a nightmare.
>>
>>59131666
vulkan will be eventually but Mesa has been larger improvements now

I have been very pleased with RX460 + Mesa 13/17 @ 1080
>>
File: vn.png (11KB, 977x118px) Image search: [Google]
vn.png
11KB, 977x118px
>>59128188
>implying
Thread posts: 156
Thread images: 20

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.