[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there anything better for a Java programmer that I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 53
Thread images: 5

File: Eclipse.png (5KB, 464x109px) Image search: [Google]
Eclipse.png
5KB, 464x109px
Title, please give a small explanation.
>>
>java
>>
Intellij.
>>
>>59115734
Why is that? The first result in Google dates from years back citing something about contextual autocompletion, which eclipse has at least now. What are the advantages to offset it being a paid product of you don't take the community version?
>>
>>59115670
A java dev could try killing himself and help humanity move forward
>>
Netbeans. Better Support for pretty much every platform (Web, JavaFX, SQL).

and the auto completion is actually good
>>
It's 2017. IntelliJ is actually more bloated than Eclipse.

Netbeans is better than both.
>>
JCreator but
>Java
POO
>>
>>59115670
Netbeans
>>
C
>>
Intellij, Netbeans second
>>
File: BlueJ Logo.png (11KB, 600x458px) Image search: [Google]
BlueJ Logo.png
11KB, 600x458px
Most of /g/ users are autistic so It's best to use BlueJ.
>>
>>59115670
eclipse has the shittiest configuration management I've ever seen. It's so bad that they decided to create a separate service (called oomph) that's constantly running with the only purpose of tracking your preferences.
>>
>>59115670
For the first year or two.

After that only zoloft
>>
>>59115670
IntelliJ. You can't go wrong with czech developers.
>>
>>59115670
Any Java IDE I've come across has bloat to some degree.
>>
>>59115840

better autocompletion, better Spring integration and better overall usability.

If you want to use eclipse get the Spring Tool Suite version at least.
>>
File: download.jpg (153KB, 667x1000px) Image search: [Google]
download.jpg
153KB, 667x1000px
>>59115670
>Is there anything better for a Java programmer that I'm not aware of?
>>
I learned on netbeans, so I enjoy netbeans. I like netbeans.
>>
>>59115734
Second, intellij is much more polished.
>>
>>59116825
The color blocking is handy.
>>
>>59115670
Use vim and openjdk, if you want to be 1337 hacker.
>>
>>59115670
Atom.
>>
Intellij
>>
>>59115840
I used both. Intellij was fast, convenient and just worked, where eclipse took hours, never worked, never gave me featues like running tests from the context menu, and looked like ass
>>
I wish. Netbeans has a better editor experience, but any time I have to do something behind the scenes, I immediately regret using it. So I'm stuck with this glitchy thing.
>>
>System.out.println(":^)");

>print(":^)")

>import java.util.Scanner;
>Scanner s = new Scanner(System.in);
>String input = s.nextLine();

>s = input()

what a great language
>>
>>59115734
Fuck Intellij. Shit eats up ram like no tomorrow and the UI is bad. Rather use Netbeans than it, much comfier but Eclipse is superior.
>>
>>59115840
Shit. I find eclipse much better
>>
>>59116285
>>59116074
NetBeans is decent and worth the look. Used it for some JavaFX work and the support was solid. UI is nice looking too, probably the best out of the three imo.
>>
Is there any way to make eclipse suggest you autocomplete with the names of the variables and methods that you already create just like any other IDE or text editor?

God this IDE is pure horseshit.
>>
File: 1460475599207.jpg (371KB, 1200x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1460475599207.jpg
371KB, 1200x1000px
>>59115670
Unironically Netbeans
>>
>>59118894
It's 2017, RAM shouldn't be a problem if you've got more than 256mb in that potato of yours. Also, Eclipse is dated, clumsy and ugly as fuck.

Eclipse <<< Microsoft Word < Netbeans < IntelliJ
>>
>>59118863
>not doing s.close() at the end
Enjoy your memory leak.
>>
>>59117230
java by design is fucking bloated
>>
>>59115734
+1 for Intellij. It's just nicer. It will be nicer for Scala and stuff, too.

>>>59118894
> Shit eats up ram like no tomorrow
Wat?

> and the UI is bad
It's good. What else do you want, more god damn pictures wasting space?
>>
>>59118978
I wouldn't. Eclipse's auto-suggest feature has been broken for the better part of half a decade, atleast. It can be so incredibly aggressive that you can't get 2 or 3 characters out before it tries to forcibly pidgeonhole you into picking a method you didn't want.

And god forbid you're trying to make a call to a library that's still updating, it'll show up as an error until Eclipse finishes trying to validate every fucking file in your project 3 hours later.
>>
>>59115670
PAJEET
>>
>>59121605
It has some bloat in the design but it's not even much of a factor.

Run the typical Adobeshit or Firefox or many other things that are clearly not Java and you get more bloat than with many a Java application.
>>
>>59121693
Pajeet is a pretty good IDE. I hate how it refuses to flush though. If only it knew how to use the loo.
>>
>>59120526
Who the hell programs in Microsoft Word?
>>
>>59118911
then you're straight-up fucking retarded
>>
>>59121840
Cannot be understated.

You use Eclipse because there wasn't enough push to put money in the budget to pay for IntelliJ
>>
>>59121737
I used to but then I found programming in Excel was much easier.
>>
>>59121869
Don't joke about that shit. The government is loaded with retards writing XSL transforms and VBScripts in Excel because all they fucking know is Excel.
>>
>>59121883
What's wrong with making vbscripts in excel? I don't really use excel that much.
>>
>>59121914
The same shit that's wrong with using Excel or Access for any sort of database oriented input.

They're not intended to be used that way. They're barely intended to be good products.
>>
>>59121590
You're not very familiar with Java, are you?

While it's a good idea to close data streams to avoid unnecessarily locking them until the GC picks them up, the stream will finalize as soon as it's GC'd.

And besides, it's a local-scoped variables that has no external references, that makes it a GC root and it'd be GC'd immediately.
>>
>>59115734
this. The UI is comfy as fuck and intuitive.
>>
>>59117801
Is there any other IDE that will do this? Netbeans and Eclipse are better in every regard cept for this
>>
>>59123555
IntelliJ does.
>>
>>59115840
it just werks (tm). it downloads plugins after determining your project type. code searches are super faster and it has a built in decompiler because fuck the system. sure, eclipse has that if you want to hunt for plugins for your current version and rice the hell out of it. The bitch eats ram and hard disk but i really don't give a shit when i'm writing javeet projects on my company workstation
>>
File: 1484196307818.jpg (14KB, 323x250px) Image search: [Google]
1484196307818.jpg
14KB, 323x250px
>>59115734
yep, this thread is over now, intellij is the best option
Thread posts: 53
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.