[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So what is the point of having 24gb ssd? I have one of the pic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 1

File: k56cb.jpg (387KB, 1000x948px) Image search: [Google]
k56cb.jpg
387KB, 1000x948px
So what is the point of having 24gb ssd? I have one of the pic related. It has 750gb hdd but you can also buy it with an 24gb ssd. At first i tought "oh you just install the OS into it" but then i checked google, people said " it is for hdd caching". What does this mean exactly? I shouldn't install my OS into ssd?
>>
Cache as in sometimes used to store shit for quick reuse. You could both have your OS AND the cache in there.
>>
It's for the OS, ignore stupid people on the internet.
HDD and SSD boot up difference is 20 seconds.
>>
>>59115266
>>59115456
Oh thanks for the answers, then i will upgrade.

Is MyDigitalSSD a good brand for ssds? I've never heard of it but only it has a 24gb mssd.
>>
>>59115099
I have an S56cm. The cache 24gb disk was kinda shit, it required a special driver to work and it didn't even make any difference according to some reviews I read from people who disabled it. If you want to put that extra slot to use, do like me and buy an mSATA ssd (I got a 120gb one) disassemble the laptop and replace it, then make a clean install of your OS there.
>>
>>59115707
How about buying an 24gb mssd and installing os there? Is it too small?
>>
>>59115751
Too small, at least for me. Mine is about 50% full, and it's 120gb. I'm not sure if you have the slot in that model though. If you buy one and want it to fit, you'll need a "half-size" mSATA. I managed to put a full size one in there, but that's another story.
>>
Aren't 8gb ssd's used for OS installment?
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.