[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How to be mobile and have enough power at the same time? I mean,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: desktop_computer_at_starbucks.jpg (155KB, 640x478px) Image search: [Google]
desktop_computer_at_starbucks.jpg
155KB, 640x478px
How to be mobile and have enough power at the same time?

I mean, I want a good PC with a big good monitor, but I move a lot. Today I'm living in one city, within 2 months I'll move to a different state, three moths later I will move to yet another apartment — it would be a hassle to take a huge display and a full tower PC with me. I don't have many belongings, it's not a problem to carry several bags with my clothes and stuff when I move anywhere, but I can't take something as bulky and fragile as a workstation.

What to do?
>>
>>59114897
i just ordered a top of the line x260 im going to build a egpu for.
idk, it seems like a good compromise.
>>
>>59114897
well you have two options, either get one of those ridiculous new gaming laptops with dual gtx 1080s and a ridiculous processor, or get a small but still powerful workstation and monitor.

you can cram a surprising amount of power into miniature cases, how much power do you need?
>>
Possibly you can make a build small enough to screw on to the back of the monitor. I think ncu's can do that, but they are under powered.
>>
>>59114921
egpu's aren't worth it, thunderbolt 3 doesnt have a high enough bandwidth to actually provide substantial gains, it's literally just waisting money
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SeGWwziCrpw
>>
>>59114927
>small but still powerful workstation and monitor.
This is the best option. Something like the HP Z2 Mini and a 27" monitor could fit in a large suitcase with room to spare.
>>
>>59114897
You already know you're not going to lug a monitor around so just get a laptop.
>>
>>59115564
If you only took away that you won't get any performance gain rather than there is an upper limit of how good of a graphics card you should theoretically throw in there with a thunderbolt connection to get a performance gain.
>>
>>59114897
get small workstation and a decent projector and a white sheet.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.