[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anybody worked with any of the PC Engines APU2 systems?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: apu2c4_1.jpg (143KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
apu2c4_1.jpg
143KB, 800x600px
Has anybody worked with any of the PC Engines APU2 systems?

I just bought an apu2c4 from them, but it hasn't shipped yet.
The price seemed really good.
Quad core x86_64 CPU at 1GHz on all cores
4GB DDR3
a 16GB SSD
and 3 of the newer Intel gigabit NICs (with 2 other mPCIe slots)
All for about $150

I'm looking into running one as a pfSense router,
apparently the thing can do gigabit NAT with no issue

Has anybody heard of these/used these?
>>
>>59114681
oh and 2 USB3.0 ports too.
>>
I use one of these with OPNsense. Works well enough, tho I had an issue installing it from my usb connected flash media drive. That specific version of FreeBSD that OPNsense was based on at the time had an issue with booting from USB 3.0, so I had to boot the install media from the internal USB 2.0 header. Been running for 9 months now without any issues worth mentioning.

Thinking about getting another just for toying around with, but I wish they made something like this that supports PoE, like their older geode-based boards.
>>
>>59114800
How fast is the thing? Can it actually do gigabit on the interfaces?

I'm a little worried about the single core speed
>>
>>59115102
I haven't actually tested if it can. I assume it can, but I guess you'll have some issues if you want encryption.

Been meaning to connect my wireless AP on the third NIC, but I've been putting that off.
>>
>>59115330
Well thanks for the I do anyway anon. You could always get PoE adapters if you need it
>>
Does it still work with Coreboot?
>>
>>59115958
Yeah, it does. AFAIK the entire thing is free as in freedom. Even the schematics are online
>>
>>59114681
>>59115102
Well, as long as you don't expect to route 1Gbps on all ports at once, it's fairly good for the price and TDP. Expect about 800Mb/s per connection and about 400-600Mb/s if all three ports are being used. About 260MB/s if you're using it as an OpenVPN access point with AES-256 on a single connection. It's much better than a RaspPi or any of its clones for not that much more power consumpton.

I know that they use this same exact APU in some of the thin-client computers at my old university, so they're legit as far as light performance goes. Also, 4GB RAM is a bit overkill. I've yet to see more than 1.7GB used on my old ALIX/APU board.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.