[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

'It's upsetting to have to say, but should be said.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

'It's upsetting to have to say, but should be said. As an IT Director I have already been approached by an Intel representative to discuss the "special promotions" and "Incentive rebates" that they are willing to offer me for purchasing exclusively Intel powered servers. I was not well received when I explained that I would not be purchasing anything until I see the benchmarks of the new Ryzen (naples) core and compare the cost-to-performance ratio. It was at that point they made it very clear that they would go to great lengths from a financial standpoint to incentivize me to NOT purchase AMD chips.

These are the tactics that were used back in the day that AMD had feared would be used again. Intel offered "loyalty rebates" and other clever promotions to hide the fact that they were paying customers to lock out the competition. I sincerely hope that other IT Directors and all in IT in general do what's best for the industry and choose based off of what's best for the consumer and their environment. The rebates are nice and all, but if we continue to hurt AMD for a small rebate, we destroy AMD's ability to compete and enable Intel to continue their "Tick-Tock" releases and oppressive pricing.

Be aware folks, Intel is scared and is already looking to use their weight and $'s to NOT out innovate, but to obstruct competitions ability to enter the marketplace. Why else would they be contacting and attempting to "Incentivize" customers well before the launch of AMD's server chips in Q2-Q3?'

Intel confirmed to be shitting their pants.
>>
>>59113377
Big whoop.
Supermarkets do the same thing by giving discounts on how many times / for how much you shop there.

You act like keeping customers loyal is a crime, even though it's a very common practice.
>>
>>59113728
Except Intel went way further and ensured companies like Dell, Gateway and HP only use Intel processors. They basically bribed them to do so. They created a monopoly back in the day. Tho this led the FTC ruled against Intel in the US. The UK charged Intel with bribery. AMD did sue Intel and won in both US and UK.

While AMD did win in both lawsuits in the US and UK... the damage was already done and Intel pretty much wins out the majority of the marketshare so it's a much smaller loss having to pay fines when they won the market for years to come. Intel is back to it's same tricks and tactics again with these bribery shit because even if they get another lawsuit and lose, it's worth it for the marketshare alone.

Intel plays dirty. Have done so for years.
>>
>>59114115
And you think complaining about it on a taiwanese raindancing support forum is gonna change any of that?
Also you're comparing bribery of large enterprise OEM companies with an 'end user' company like yours getting a discount for staying as customer. Large difference.

You sound like an AMD shill. I have nothing against AMD and actually applaud their performance in recent times, but shills are the worst people out there next to bankers
>>
>>59114115
AMD won in a lot more then just the US and UK, the Japanese victory was so major for a few years you couldn't even buy an INTEL cpu in japan thanks to the massive restrictions and penalties put on them (it was only for 2 years).

They won dozens of cases across the world.
>>
>>59113377
>spamming some nobody's user-comment on an unknown website
https://www.pcgamesn.com/amd/amd-fear-intel-ryzen-reprisal

Why are AyyMDs so scared all of a sudden, hmmmmm!?
>>
That's nice, retard.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.