[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

software dev /g/ods! I'm gonna start studying software

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: JayAss.png (24KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
JayAss.png
24KB, 1024x1024px
software dev /g/ods!

I'm gonna start studying software engineering at university abroad in September, my question is, is there any chance I might get a part-time job at coding while at uni so I can sustain myself? I have been coding for about 3 months now and I still have quite a while till school starts. Is part time coding even a thing? Is my only chance webdevelopment at upwork?
>>
pls answer i don't rly have anyone to ask this from :III
>>
>>59104779

Don't do it school fucking sucks ass when you're working part time. Just go to school full time.
>>
>>59104779
no
>>
If you worked part time in high school, managed it and still got accepted into STEM, continue working the lack of money will effect you more than the loss of time.

If you did not work during high school, if it doesn't seem you'll be able to cope with the time management, then do not work during uni and learn to live with no money.

The former is normal, employers will hire you easier. The latter is almost ascetic, you'll get a little more out of the experience.
>>
>>59105220
can't do, need money :I
>>
>>59104779
suck dicks
>>
>>59105651
what about upwork tho? websites aren't all that hard to make and it pays the rent
>>
>>59105857
Websites are hard to find well paying clients for. Don't expect to make it easy writing websites for clients, even if you understand rest, can write react components and can even implement a <1ms database

Want my advice? Want to turn out like me? Make patience your life's goal but never forget to be diligent. Do well on the tasks you're given and already have, the grass is not greener. Your assumptions are always wrong.

If you can find a client you can convince hosting for, you can drag them out to about 2000 a year. You need to convince them to let you own the hosting, you need to convince them they need backend services, which they will if they're selling anything. This still isn't good money because you're competing with more "reputable" businesses with better data management deals.
>>
Don't work part time, biggest time sink when it's unrelated. Best option is work on campus, library works well into CS majors out of all the positions. If money is VITAL for some reason take out a student loan (it cancels out if you're drive is that high after college), or apply for scholarships.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.