[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

if the collective userbases of /g/, HN and /r/technology got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 3

File: 36524330.png (17KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
36524330.png
17KB, 900x900px
if the collective userbases of /g/, HN and /r/technology got into a programming contest, who would win?
>>
>>59104073
The faggot hosting the contest and selling soda.
/thread
>>
>>59104091
but how
>>
>>59104073
how would one win against himself?
>>
>>59104132
by cloning himself and having the clones compete
>>
>>59104073

Quora.com would RULE them all
>>
The audience.
>>
/g/ - high schoolers
/r/prog - cs students
HN - successful businessmen
>>
>>59104073
Probably /r/programming. We all know aspergers like to hang out on leddit because it validates their ego, just like completing a programming task well would.
>>
>>59104172
>codemonkey pajeets being able to solve computational problems
whatchu smoking nigga
>>
>>59104200
we had our share of extreme autists on /g/ in the past, who knows what might happen if they are still around
>>
File: 2013-NFL-Playoff-Brackets.jpg (230KB, 1024x524px) Image search: [Google]
2013-NFL-Playoff-Brackets.jpg
230KB, 1024x524px
you know what, we should host a yearly competition like the NFL playoffs, with the winner of the /g/ conference facing off against the winner of the reddit conference in the animu bowl. what do you think?
>>
>>59104102
by cashing in
>>
>>59104456
oh
>>
>>59104175
>Successful business men
You mean 45 year old IT sysadmin grandpas
>>
>>59104318
True, however, they are not aspergers programming gods with a lust for incrementing a number
They are mostly mentally ill faggots with a tripcode
>>
>>59104468
I honestly think you're overrating leddit's chances. They have aspies but so do we. I think /r/programming would get demolished if it is a team contest as /g/'s team will have much better teamwork.
>>
>>59104073
People on /g/ legit can't program for shit. It's sad but true.
HN and slashdot seem like they are both used by people who can no longer program and don't need to program anymore. In a contest they'll lose to script kiddies and uni grads.
My bet is on reddit or some of the other places where people actually karma whore with real code such as stack overflow, special snowflake blogs etc.
>>
/g/ is underage and clueless
HN is too autistic to write even a single line of code - they can barely agree on the best implementation of FizzBuzz without bikeshedding about the most trivial things
reddit would win with ease, as they're clueless enough to not get hung up on petty shit like Hasklel vs. Clojure and normie enough to just copy and paste their answer from Stack Overflow
>>
>>59104073
/g/ would win barely by a technicality discovered by some turbo autist
>>
>>59104538
literally this. The top answer for today's daily programming challenge was just copy/pasted from elsewhere
>>
>>59104538
>>59107199
>>59106506
>>59104468
this is really sad. what can we do to make /g/ great again?
>>
>>59104073
Clearly not you, dumb frogposter.
>>
>/g/ - struggle to install gentoo
>/pol/ - russian hackers that hacked the election

hardly a contest
>>
>>59108422
will /g/ even be able to match /b/?
>>
>>59104175
HN self-taught programmers, work CRUD application hate JS,algorithms interview and mathematics.
>>
>>59108475
>hate JS,algorithms interview and mathematics
so basically /r/programming without the autism
>>
>>59104073
Easy post in each place, one paper o article about technical algorithm,mathematics or Computer Science, first place where useful on topic comment comes, is the winner.

I would bet on /sci/ or r/machinelearning
>>
>>59108532
/r/programming and HN are like 90% the same content, HN just has more startup circlejerk and reddit just has more maymays
>>
Stack overflow
>>
>>59107199
>today's challenge
there was a challenge today?
>>
>>59104368
Cincinnati had no chance. Like any year.
>>
This honestly sounds like a fun idea to maybe get on with. Each group has an internal contest for the best Go AI or something, and then the winners go up against each other.
>>
>>59108957
you mean this >>59104368?
>>
>>59108987
Essentially.
>>
>>59104073
/g/ will lose because the development will get stuck at deciding what logo to use.
>>
>>59109002
>>59108957
>>59108827
reddit = pats
/g/ = jags
HN = cowboys
Thread posts: 37
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.