[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Anon here that hasnt looked into laptops in 6-7 years thinking

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 1

File: laptop.jpg (18KB, 450x450px) Image search: [Google]
laptop.jpg
18KB, 450x450px
Anon here that hasnt looked into laptops in 6-7 years thinking of buying a new one. I want one that can game on moderate to high settings. Nothing super great. I hate windows 10 but if I have to have it then so be it. And I would prefer to spend under 1k. Is it possible to do this?
>>
>>59101114
>Gaming
>Laptop
lol
Also, just go to any fucking site that sell laptops, filter by discrete GPU and $1000 price, get the one with better GPU.
Was that so hard?
>>
>>59101144
Wait so GPU is what I really want in a laptop? Never really shopped for them is all
>>
Stop falling into the meme. A good phone and a good Desktop is all people need. Even the tablet meme is dead.
People with shitty lives that must work on the train don't count.
>>
>>59101166
So you dont recomend a laptop?
>>
>>59101165
>Wait so GPU is what I really want in a laptop?
If you want gaming, well, yeah sherlock
>>
>>59101114
Dell XPS 15. I'm using it, also DELL provides official support for Windows 7. I got the 6700hq model, but I got it at discount since I purchased two and during holydays. But I think it's not much over 1000EUR/USD now
>>
>>59101188
There is 0 reason to get one if it doesn't leave a desk. If it does leave a desk life sucks anyway to matter.
>>
>>59101199
>Life sucks if I have to go outside
>>
>>59101192
I want casual gaming really, just good all around
>>
Just get a 900 dollars gaming desktop and a 100 dollars thinkpad. I just did that and I couldn't be happier.
>>
>>59101234
for work? yes. no happy human needs more than a phone nowadays on the outside.
>>
>>59101114
For the LOVE OF EVERYTHING don't get a HP. I can never trust them after the kind of shit that happened with a dv9000 series laptop I had from them.
>>
>>59101302
I already have a desktop that works just fine. I just wanted a decent laptop for school and mild gaming because id be bringing it from school to home to friends houses etc
>>
Alienware 13
>>
>>59101824
alienware is for children.
>>
get something with a 6700hq, gtx 1060, ssd, 8-16gb ram, fhd ips screen and call it a day
>>
>>59101943
any ideas?
>>
>>59101943
There's a ton with those specs depending on other shit, like how it looks, keyboard, whatever so you basically have options and it won't break the bank

Ultra thin is going to have more issues with heat though so bear that in mind

But as said earlier, if it won't be moving, get a desktop.

Hell a decent desktop and a Chromebook will cost less than an equivalent laptop.
>>
>>59102004
Well desktops you have to put together generally or they come preinstalled with windows 10
>>
>>59102109
Neither of these are problems, GPU passthrough is a thing, Windows 10 Pro Includes downgrade rights to Windows 7/8.1 Pro, and putting a PC together is like Lego.
>>
>>59102180
They arent going to service windows 7 after 2020 though right? So having it after then could get you easy viruses.
>>
>>59101694
I think xps 15 is around 1000$ in US, or a cheaper solution the asus zenbook you can find them with 960m
>>
Ultrathin laptops are having little to no heat issues when using the dual core 15w Kaby lake CPUs (almost all of them are, or using the even weaker 5w variant)
And you can stream your desktop through steam and such if you have a good internet connection
>>
>>59101166
I have one and just use it on the bus and during my lunch break. If you don't commute or travel a lot I would just get a desktop.
>>
>>59101114
>I hate windows 10 but if I have to have it then so be it.
>so be it.
That is why they're doing what they want on your computers. I hope they start forcing you to watch commercials during work and delete your documents. Fucking weeps.
>>
>>59102203
This is correct
>>
>>59103939
but only if you're retarded
>>
>>59103017
There is no choice. It's a pseudo-monopoly. I would use linux but it breaks all the time and I'm a busy guy that doesn't have time to sit around fixing my computer all day.

if you /g/-virgins would build a version of linux that actually works well for the end-user I would love to switch to it instead of shitty Win10.
>>
>>59101114
>moderate to high settings
>$1k

you best keep saving
>>
>>59101114
Dell 15 7000 Inspiron

HP power 15t

Lenovo Legionnaire
>>
>>59101166
WTF I need a laptop all the time in university
>>
Here's a thought OP:
>get a desktop for games
>get a chromebook-like PC ($350 ish should fetch you a nice Windows laptop) or smartphone for daily tasks and mobility
Besides, when are you gonna 'gaem' on the go?
>>
Lenovo Y700 or Dell i7559 both for around $700

I purchased a MSI GE62VR for $1249 and am pretty happy with it even though I already have a desktop.

If you feel like you need it then get it. Don't worry about what anyone else says about it unless it's to offer an opinion on which one is better or worse for your money.
>>
>>59101196
This
>>
Is having 8GB of RAM worth it if you have an i3 processor?

asking because i'm looking at this laptop for uni right now -->
http://www8.hp.com/es/es/products/laptops/product-detail.html?oid=15522489#!tab=specs
>>
>>59101114
Look at the Dell gaming laptops. They start at 800, have a 1050ti, don't look fucking retarded, are super upgradeable, and get great reviews. I'm actually thinking about one right now.
>>
Figure this would be the best place to ask, I'm in the market for a laptop for the first time in 5 years, the last laptop I had was a shitty sony vaio and the thing I remember hating was having to go through them to update drivers, if they even had the drivers I needed.

My question is, are there any laptop manufacturers who don't require you to go through them to get drivers? And if not which manufactures are best about getting up to date drivers. Thank you.
Thread posts: 38
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.