[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm at work at a new job; I have a shitload of free time

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

File: beavispc.gif (339KB, 492x376px) Image search: [Google]
beavispc.gif
339KB, 492x376px
I'm at work at a new job; I have a shitload of free time so I need to shitpost. It is a very large company, and wifi access is limited to a single SSID with little support for non company devices.
I purchased a VPN so I can browse safely without being filtered or watched, but there have been a few times where I forgot to turn it on/back on after sleeping and tried to load 4chans before realizing that I wasn't secured. Yesterday my laptop wouldn't connect to the internet at all here; on Ubuntu or Windows. I could connect to the access point but not to the internet. I know that the access point is working because my phone works as well as the phones of everyone else who works here. I know they didn't just ban my Mac address because I spoofed it on Windows and I still couldn't connect. I tested the guest SSID on my work machine and also didn't have internet access.

Is it possible that they just decided to ban all non-mobile devices from the internet recently? Would a company ever do that? Is it possible to spoof my Mac address and device type to read as a mobile device to test this?
>>
>>59096070

The sysadmin is onto you OP, he sees a shitton of weird traffing going to a VPN and put his foot down

ur fucked, I would not fuck around with it as they might catch and fire you now

just buy a data plan for your phone and tether your laptop to it, problem solved
>>
>>59096667
So he range banned all Windows/Linux PCs from the network? I figured if he was onto me he'd just ban my Mac address
>>
>>59096070
OP: let me get this straight:

your machine -> company router -> vpn, right?

where do you think they're going to be monitoring traffic?
>>
>>59096739
mac addresses can easily be changed
>>
>>59097935
>your machine -> company router -> vpn
Not OP, but I thought if you monitored someone connecting through a VPN, all you would get is garbage. Even if hes going through a company router all the router should see is VPN traffic.
>>
>>59097992
Yeah if you read the OP I tried that

It's working fine today actually; no problems at all whatsoever. Didn't try Ubuntu yet where I'm using OpenVPN. On Windows I use the Nordvpn app which uses a more secure method I believe; I also noticed that on Ubuntu with OpenVPN that 4chan wouldn't load as if it was still being blocked by my company, but it works fine on my phone wifi or Windows with more security.

I installed strongswan and the network-manager extension but there's no tutorials for configuring Nord to work with it yet.

Oh well; I'll be getting a new laptop soon with Windows on it and only one drive so I won't bother with Linux for a while, so that problem won't exist much longer
>>
File: 1462312650247.jpg (2MB, 1743x1792px) Image search: [Google]
1462312650247.jpg
2MB, 1743x1792px
>>
>>59096070
OP, just how long does it take to go upstairs/downstairs to talk to the admin and get your problem solved? You've lost more time mingling with your settings than you would actually spend getting to know how much they actually see, from which you and everyone would benefit in the long run.
>>
>>59099147
>Hey I'm the new guy
>Yes I want you to stop throttling internet access on my personal computer during work hours
>Please also don't worry about my VPN; I need to be able to browse any website for any reason while at work
>Please and thank you
>>
>>59099726
Your social skills are astounding.
>>
>>59099726
What I meant to say, just play a fool, say your internet doesn't work. If they just straight fix it you know they don't care / don't see. If they bring shit up you find an excuse, know they see and care, then find alternative solutions.
>>
>>59096070

how about you stop shitposting on the internet like a fucking manchild and do actual work

maybe learn something in your free time instead?!

fucking piece of shit ... hope you get fired ASAP
>>
>>59100480
delet this
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.