[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

http://thehill.com/policy/technolog y/320839-fcc-rolls-back-

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 2

File: 1487428129653.jpg (56KB, 514x432px) Image search: [Google]
1487428129653.jpg
56KB, 514x432px
http://thehill.com/policy/technology/320839-fcc-rolls-back-reporting-requirement-under-net-neutrality

>>
Someone give me a quick rundown. I'm too lazy to read the article.
>>
>>59091938
It's a short article, just fucking read it.
>>
>>59092018
I don't want to.
>>
>>59092030
Fuck yourself then.
>>
>>59091938
The Federal Communications Commission in a 2-1 vote has exempted smaller internet providers from certain reporting requirements under the net neutrality rules approved under the Obama administration.

The vote means broadband providers with 250,000 or fewer subscriptions will have a five-year waiver on enhanced reporting requirements aimed at increasing internet service provider transparency.

The vote is a part of FCC Chairman Ajit Pai’s attempts to reverse portions of net neutrality.

Pai has already ended the agency’s probes into AT&T and Verizon data plans that critics said violated net neutrality’s principles. The chairman also dropped nine companies from a program that provides subsidized internet to low-income consumers.

“Our decision will help the country’s smaller providers — namely, those with 250,000 or fewer broadband subscribers — better serve their communities,” he said. “For I firmly believe that these ISPs should spend their limited capital building out better broadband to rural America — not hiring lawyers and accountants to fill out unnecessary paperwork demanded by Washington, D.C.”
>>
>>59091938
>>59092088
The decision was blasted by the FCC’s lone Democrat, Mignon Clyburn, who voted against the exemption.

“In an ongoing quest to dismantle basic consumer protections for broadband services, the majority has decided to exempt billion-dollar public companies from being transparent with consumers,” she said.

Clyburn said she had previously supported a measure that would exempt internet service providers with fewer than 100,000 subscribers, but that the new measure was too generous.

Congressional Democrats also spoke out against the move.

"[B]y granting this carve out for the broadband industry, the FCC has made pricing and performance information less accessible to small businesses and consumers. Consumers deserve truth in pricing information," Sen. Edward Markey (D-Mass.) said in statement.

The vote is likely a sign of things to come.

FCC Commissioner Michael O’Rielly, a Republican, said the FCC may look at abolishing the reporting requirements altogether.

“[This measure] does not address a far more important matter, whether or not these reporting requirements should exist at all.”

This story was updated at 1:09 p.m.
>>
>>59092043
no u

>>59092088
Danke!
>>
>>59092104
I just copy pasted the whole article, retard.
>>
>>59092104
Fucking kill yourself. You wouldn't even go on the link.
>>
File: Pai.gif (84KB, 439x396px) Image search: [Google]
Pai.gif
84KB, 439x396px
>>59091193
All part of the plan my dude.
>>
>>59091193
DRUMPFT BTFO!!!
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.