[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT tech shit that baffles you >brand makes a convertible

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 1

File: Li-po3.7V110bl.jpg (15KB, 450x242px) Image search: [Google]
Li-po3.7V110bl.jpg
15KB, 450x242px
ITT tech shit that baffles you

>brand makes a convertible 2 in 1 hybrid laptop/tablet with detachable keyboard
>doesn't put a battery inside the keyboard to extend battery life
>>
The Surface book does.
And that's probably a consideration of the "lightweight" meme
>>
>>59087959
>"lightweight"
that makes sense for phones, you don't want a brick weighing your pants down all day
but on a laptop/tablet... who gives a fuck about weight so long as it's portable?
fucking nancies can't handle 2lbs instead of 1?
>>
>>59087959
Lots don't, like the Asus t100 ones.

I think it's more to do with cost cutting than weight though because why bother when good enough is good enough, right?
>>
>>59087959
I really like this, one of my friends has a few keyboards he can swap between when the other dies on his surface, they are pretty thin so they store easily
>>
>>59087982
some airlines have stupidly low carry-on weight limits, anon. a pound can make a huge difference.
>>
>>59087982
Well you could say that for any light/thin trend, but most people carry their keyboard sleeves with them so it makes sense that if they're gonna go crazy making the tablet light they're gonna go crazy making the keyboard light
>>59087983
Yes, but some do.
It's somewhat of a cost consideration but not because of the chink ass low binned Taiwan battery, because they'd have to make the keyboard section durable, shock resistant and have a dedicated charging port (which may not charge the laptop depending on the keyboard connection used, some are even wireless keyboard sleeves so battery there gets ruled out)
>>
Battery in the keyboard doesn't only benefit to extend the usable life, but to also keep the device from being top heavy in a laptop mode. Or at least bring the center of gravity down a bit, so it's less prone to falling over.
>>
>>59088530
I guess this all really depends on whether you're using the keyboard as a "laptop mode" and should have extra power, ports, and possibly hardware, or if you're using the keyboard simply as a keyboard attachment for your tablet
Really the "2-in-1" concept is getting played too far, tablets and still tablets and 2-in-1 tablets designed to really have a "laptop mode" can and should have functional bases
I guess you can look at it as a docking system for a tablet that is still primarily a tablet
>>
>>59088530
This is a very good point. I've had mine fall backwards from being top heavy a few times.
>>
bluetooth. seriously people, FUCKING BLUETOOTH???
>>
>>59088798
It's convenient.
>lossless audio
>low power consumption
>used in anything modern and portable
>>
>>59088821
The first two are literally wrong
>>
>>59089121
aptx is lossless.
>>
>>59089157
At how many kbps?
Say it
>>
>>59089164
Up to 1.28Mbit/s
>>
>>59089197
Aptx is 16 bit 41khz
>lossless
>>
>>59089157
When's the last time your cars radio supported aptx let alone decent Bluetooth that isn't garbage 2.0 rev?
>>
>>59089339
>lying on an anonymous image board
I'm not surprised, just disappointed.
>>
>>59087982
It's not really an issue of ability, it's just the experience. It's nicer to carry things around with less weight to them, also I feel it allows me to keep a tighter grip on it too when I'm carrying it.
>>
>>59087905
How much more are you prepared to pay for the engineering, testing, certification and testing and, oh yes, the battery? Also the product being later to market and so appearing "stale" compared to the competition?
There's more to product design than a series of thought bubbles.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.