[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should I look into this? Is it a meme, or is it actually better?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: image.php.jpg (70KB, 720x450px) Image search: [Google]
image.php.jpg
70KB, 720x450px
Should I look into this? Is it a meme, or is it actually better?
By better I mean productivity and not ricing shit.
>>
>>59082969

DEPENDS ON YOUR RESOLUTION!!!!
>>
>>59082969
>looks better
>minimal mouse usage = better on laptops
>more effective multitasking
>lower performance impact
I haven't used non-tiling WM-s in years.
>>
>>59082969
if you only have one monitor sure
>>
Is it hard to test byself, so you need to ask someone's opinion? Just install on VM and try, spend few hours. It is personal stuff and depens on your monitor.
>>
Arch noob here, this thread seems as good a place as any to ask
if I were to build my graphical interface piecemeal, is there a preferred order to installing everything?
I imagine I would have to install the display manager first, but any advice you could give would be appreciative
>>
>>59084219
maybe xorg, then a de/wm, then i guess it depends on what you just installed/what you need?
>>
>>59082969
>By better I mean productivity
no
>>
>>59082969
It totally depends on what you're doing. If you need to work with different programs that are just text based it's awesome. But it's not very good when programs keep creating popups for every query or if the said program is about editing a graphic where you need it to take most of the screen space anyway. There is tab mode and other things that could solve these in i3 but I tried it for a while and didn't like it all that much.

An example: I write verilog, so I gave the left column to vim, top right to terminal that I used to compile/synthesize verilog and bottom right to simulation tool. It was awesome until I started putting the synthesized circuit into schematic. Schematic editor needs the whole screen because I don't want to work in half of a screen, but when I change the mode to tabbed when it creates an object properties popup it also takes up the whole screen which is annoying because the tool actually allows you to select different objects actively so it makes sense for it to be stacked on top it doesn't matter. Of course you can start adding exceptions for this to make them float but are you willing to do this for every program you use? I got bored and returned to openbox as it was not very useful for me.
>>
>>59082969
Awesome for coding, awesome for monitoring, TUI is horrible by default so you get no advantage from that, horrible for micro file management.
>>
>>59082969
literally a meme
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.