[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does one unbotnet and fix the retarded modern UI in Windows

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1487867108971.png (134KB, 652x548px) Image search: [Google]
1487867108971.png
134KB, 652x548px
How does one unbotnet and fix the retarded modern UI in Windows 10? Can it even be done?
>>
>Law #2: If a bad guy can alter the operating system on your computer, it's not your computer anymore.
>>
>>59081972
I suggest using win7 or 8.1 with some disabled settings
>>
>>59081972

>How does one unbotnet

1) Set up most basic settings in UI

2) Read:
https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/itpro/windows/manage/manage-connections-from-windows-operating-system-components-to-microsoft-services

and configure policies you need.

3) Run PowerShell, list packages with "get-appxpackage" and remove unwanted ones with "remove-appxpackage" (but check, which one you really want to go out)

4) Repeat with list of provisioned packages ("get-appxprovisionedpackage -online" and "remove-appxprovisionedpackage -packagename xxx -online")

and you get as "debotneted" Win10 as you can get.

Decide for yourself, if thats enough for you.

>fix the retarded modern UI in Windows 10

You cant.
>>
>How does one unbotnet

Very hard. No software actually works. You can minimize the effects, but that's all that's possible.

>How does one fix the retarded modern UI

You won't be able to change anything regarding the new applications, and whatever's old about it will probably force you to delay the bigger updates, because every one of those decides to fuck with whatever system file tampering you did (and you have to do in order to actually use different themes). It ain't worth it.

Hell even though 8.1 is a bit of a pain in that sense, it's much more customizable.
>>
Get the Enterprise Edition which is only given to companies.
>>
>>59082659

Or Education which is the same but without Cortana and third party ads by default.
>>
Classicshell?
>>
>>59083939
Can someone please tell me why Startisback is better than ClassicShell?
>>
>>59084162
It's not
>>
>>59081972
>Not installing Windows 10 Enterprise/Education
It's like you want to be watched mate
>>
>>59084361
Can /g/ seriously not understand that some of us are lonely and that if Windows 10 didn't watch us, we would be alone in the world?
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.