[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm really confused by the R7 lineup. Almost 300$ price

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: oohe.jpg (31KB, 635x401px)
oohe.jpg
31KB, 635x401px
I'm really confused by the R7 lineup. Almost 300$ price span for basically the same chip (xfr excluded) Is the 1800x able to outclock the 1700x ?
>>
The processors are binned to 1800x/1700x/1700 depending on how well the perform. So yes, 1800x should overclock better than 1700x but the actual numbers depend on how lucky you are with the silicon lottery.
>>
No one knows. Ignore >>59080847
It's all speculation.
>>
>>59080847
You are a stupid spergstator. It has nothing to do with binning. The chips are just nerfed down.
AMD autists are so blind to the fact BOTH Intel and AMD jew them.
Stop being stupid children with a "favorite" company.
>>
>>59081528
why would they nerf them? if they cooperated why not just produce one product and price it what they want?
>>
It could just be because of lower stock clocks on the cheaper processors and no XFR on the 1700. Most normies and people with pre-built systems don't overclock and all they care about is niggerhertz and muh single threaded performance.

Either way, I can tell these chips are not going to overclock that well, not even the 1800x. They'll most likely overclock withing 100-200MHz of each other.
>>
>>59081610
Shitty underdog companies tend to be pre-overclocked anyway. Mark my words. This is going to "overclock" max 200 to 400Mhz on the best systems.
>>
>>59081640
I feel like this will be the case. The only reason the 1800x is $500 is because it's clocked near its potential out of the box. Again, normies and pre-built fags don't overclock. All they care about is that round 4.0GHz boost number and some bullshit feature (xfr) that supposedly yields more niggerhertz without them having to do anything manually.
>>
>>59080797
Same for intel Extreme i7 and the one directly below it before skylake era
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoin at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Posts and uploaded images are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that website. If you need information about a Poster - contact 4chan. This project is not affiliated in any way with 4chan.