[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /g/ I found this in our storage, it should still work. Anything

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: IMG_20170222_150901.jpg (4MB, 3120x4160px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170222_150901.jpg
4MB, 3120x4160px
Hey /g/ I found this in our storage, it should still work. Anything interesting I could do with it?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
run wolfenstein
>>
>>59077563
>Anything interesting I could do with it?
Put in a closet and leave it there for another 50 years. At that point it will be very interesting.
>>
File: ibm.1130.102634906.lg.jpg (140KB, 351x500px) Image search: [Google]
ibm.1130.102634906.lg.jpg
140KB, 351x500px
>>59077563
if that's actually yours and you didn't just grab that off of google somewhere you should really consider donating it to the living computer museum or a similar institution that will properly restore it, take care of it and really get it working on something

the 1130 was a landmark, and one of the first really common small computer systems, in many ways an early graphical system too
if you have the ability to operate it yourself you can probably find documentation online nowadays
>>
>>59078090

It's not mine, it belongs to the company I work for but it just collects dust here. I think it was in a museum for the duration of an exibit, either that or it belonged to the military but now it's here indefinitely for storage. I would love to donate it but unfortunately we have no museums that have anything to do with computers.
>>
It belongs in a museum.
>>
>>59078172
nice, if you're serious about donating you could try contacting the LCM or whatever your nearest museum is, i'm sure they'd pick it up, not a lot of those left in the world, maybe even private collectors like the corestore would be able to help

if they'll let you spin it up in the meantime you can probably go search for some 1130 emulators, most older iron emulators usually have a lot of documentation, manual scans, whatever to show you how to program one and get it going

don't expect to do much other than math though, this is definitely an artifact from when computers were made solely for computing, though you could probably still find some fun shit to toy with, check out some videos of similar vintage gear like the 1401 or PDP-8 to get an idea of what people usually write for them for exhibits or demonstrations
>>
>>59078302

Yeah I will try to get it in some museum, but unfortunately I don't think there is much interest for it in my country, just for exhibitions. I'll ask my boss what we could do with it. We have a full room of older computers, some from the Yugoslav military and some from temporary exhibitions and are now forgotten.

I'd try to have some fun with it if it doesn't require repair, but getting it out of storage will be a problem.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.