[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>just started a photo/video production company >desperately

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: 1468821114408.jpg (131KB, 1515x1530px) Image search: [Google]
1468821114408.jpg
131KB, 1515x1530px
>just started a photo/video production company
>desperately need a new computer for editing
>about to pull the trigger on a 6900k build
>that ryzen reveal

Should I wait for ryzen or buy merchant cpu?
>>
>>59074585
wait, worst case you lost a few days, best case you saved a lot of money for other hardware
>>
I'm an audio guy but it kinda sucks, video is more enjoyable and seems more lucrative

How'd you get into starting your own thing? Any training? What type of work do you do?
>>
does the loss in productivity from the wait override the few hundred bucks you'll save on ryzen?

if yes, get merchant

if no, wait
>>
>>59075122
real estate photography and video tours. aerial and interior stuff. self taught
>>
>just started a photo/video production company
>desperately need a new computer for editing

ya blew it
>>
>>59074585

you obviously go for intel ... the superior processor

also you can just deduct the cost from taxes
>>
>>59075561
okay maybe "desperately" was a bit of an exaggeration but I need something more than my 4690k and 970
>>
>>59075536
Not the guy you're replying to but wow, that's a legitimate business? My mom brought up the idea the other day to me, said I should buy a drone and start emailing Realtors about doing drone shots for them because she noticed nobody in our area does them. Does it pay well?
>>
>>59075602
It's a highly multithreaded activity, right?
If you can hold off until the 3rd of march, go for Ryzen.
However, if you're currently using your processor to make money, you should buy a new processor now since you'll make up the value in the amount of hours you save between now and march.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.